Where are the "OMG! That's torture" folks NOW?

republicanchick

yeh, all this talk about the "torture" of waterboarding (which, strangely, people seem to actually SURVIVE) at Gitmo... :shocked:

but Oh, those POOR things... they shouldn't be TORTURED like that.

I know a little about waterboarding. I don't know as much, however, as someone who has been waterboarded (which, by the way: what lib commentator has been waterboarded either?

I could say "I rest my case" right there... )

so anyway... while I don't know what it's like to be waterboarded, I do know that the procedure doesn't KILL anyone

so where are all those GitmoDetaineeLoversWhoJustHATeTorture now? I don't hear them crying about how the Neanderthals torture people... (burning people alive, crucifixions..)

Oh wait... maybe I don't hear about the libs complaining because...

OOPS!

I don't watch their stupid shows.. so.. Emily Latella Moment.. Never mind..

(hey... you gotta give me a break here

no one else does either... )

++++

dreadknought

yeh, all this talk about the "torture" of waterboarding (which, strangely, people seem to actually SURVIVE) at Gitmo... :shocked:

I know a little about waterboarding. I don't know as much, however, as someone who has been waterboarded (which, by the way: what lib commentator has been waterboarded either?

so anyway... while I don't know what it's like to be waterboarded, I do know that the procedure doesn't KILL anyone

so where are all those GitmoDetaineeLoversWhoJustHATeTorture now? I don't hear them crying about how the Neanderthals torture people... (burning people alive, crucifixions..)

OOPS!

++++
:chuckle: You expect me to acknowledge y0u as a part of the "Body" No, 1500, no.

bybee

I give you a break because of all the hard work you put into posting here!so anyway... while I don't know what it's like to be waterboarded, I do know that the procedure doesn't KILL anyone

OOPS!

++++

I give you a break because of all the hard work you put into posting here. You have brought out some very interesting facts that we all ought to know! Thanks

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

OOPS!

++++
Those who have studied the history of torture know that we executed Japanese soldiers who waterboarded American troops.

On theologyonline.com, however, people began to say that the U.S. waterboarded people without really torturing them.

These sorts of interpretations are the result of denial.. Sometimes evidence, facts and data seem to have a "liberal slant" to many conservatives.

They have forgotten Dick Cheney admitted on television that the U.S. was going to have to "go over to the dark side, if you will" when it came to apprehending and questioning the terrorists and other people.

republicanchick

Those

They have forgotten Dick Cheney admitted on television that the U.S. was going to have to "go over to the dark side, if you will" when it came to apprehending and questioning the terrorists and other people.
well, sometimes the heat of the moment calls for all kinds of seeming compromises w/ one's morality

But I don't see a problem with "tormenting" the enemy who wants to torment us, if it means getting info to prevent tormenting others

Christian Liberty

Hitchens did it. He concluded that it was torture.

Hitchens, oddly enough, was originally claiming that it wasn't torture. He experienced it and changed his mind.

And yes, I understand that other people torture worse than the US does. And, if I were seeing people defend that on a daily basis, my response would be different.

republicanchick

Hitchens, oddly enough, was originally claiming that it wasn't torture. He experienced it and changed his mind.

And yes, I understand that other people torture worse than the US does. And, if I were seeing people defend that on a daily basis, my response would be different.

but still, the question is:

where are all the people screaming TORTURE when it is those Muslims doing it?

OOPS... shouldn't have used that terminology

silly me

Christian Liberty

silly me

Speaking only for myself... the reason I typically don't is because its not controversial. But if I encountered someone who defended those barbaric practices, I absolutely would.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
well, sometimes the heat of the moment calls for all kinds of seeming compromises w/ one's morality

But I don't see a problem with "tormenting" the enemy who wants to torment us, if it means getting info to prevent tormenting others
Revenge fantasies from our childhood. People can certainly compromise their ethics.

This is why our veteran come down with PTSD and suicide. We aren't made to kill other human beings, just so you know.

Boot camp and basic training try to make sure the enemy is seen as less than human.

rexlunae

silly me

Well, for one thing, it seems almost an inadequate word for what ISIS does. Yes, they torture, but that's almost the least of it. They also behead, burn, generally murder, and oppress.