ECT What is it to be antichrist?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is it to be antichrist

In every instance of the Bible, the antichrist arose in and among the believers.

It is an amazing thing that if in believing Christ, and in refusing to crucify the powers of ones own flesh,(as commanded) that ones life in the end is far worse (satanic) than before they first believed.

2Pe 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

LA

Bradley D

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son" (1 John 2:22).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son" (1 John 2:22).

Yes.

Such a person considers his self to be God. That is the way the anti-christ denies the Father and His son.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Judas was the prime example of an anti-Christ.

Judas was a believer called by Christ, but Judas would not allow his self to be crucified, and so betrayed his King.

LA

Interplanner

One of the definitions is in I John, and it is the person who says he (Christ) has not come in the flesh, ie, it is someone other than Jesus of Nazareth. Identifying Christ (and by default, antichrist) had to do with agree to that. Thus the basic apostolic declaration: 'This Jesus was the Christ.'

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the definitions is in I John, and it is the person who says he (Christ) has not come in the flesh, ie, it is someone other than Jesus of Nazareth. Identifying Christ (and by default, antichrist) had to do with agree to that. Thus the basic apostolic declaration: 'This Jesus was the Christ.'

Believers have been fooled for centuries by those who confess Jesus Christ came in the flesh, who are of the evil one.

Go deeper.

LA

Interplanner

But in that generation it was very difficult to agree to that. Jn 12:34. He was supposed to be a king and to rule. He wasn't supposed to die.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But in that generation it was very difficult to agree to that. Jn 12:34. He was supposed to be a king and to rule. He wasn't supposed to die.

The Popes agreed with 1 John 2:22

Were they all Christains by confessing Jesus Christ has come in the flesh?

Confessing is not just with the mouth, and in whose flesh does the verse apply to?

LA

Interplanner

The flesh in the verse meant he came in history.

Confessing is always partly with the mouth, but it is never about non-issues. 'If we do not speak to precisely the thing that the devil is attacking at a given moment, we are saying nothing.'--Luther. What mattered in John's 1st century situation is found in Jn 12:34. To be a Christian meant that you agreed that he was not going to be a restored-theocracy king, but the suffering sacrifice which had come, later raised in glory by the Father as a declaration of all his authority and place.

The pretend christs that came in the 6th decade believed he (they) were restored-theocracy kings and that they were supposed to set up came and God would intervene as through Joshua against Rome.

john w

Hall of Fame
The accuser of the brethren, admitted anti-Semite, Tellalie, asserts that all those who take a dispensational viewpoint, are anti-Christ-on record:

"All dispensationalists are Darby followers."-Tellalie

"Darby followers don't believe that. Darby followers claim there will be animal sacrifices for sin in the future.You are anti-Christ when it comes to what was accomplished at the cross."-Tellalie

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The flesh in the verse meant he came in history.

Confessing is always partly with the mouth, but it is never about non-issues. 'If we do not speak to precisely the thing that the devil is attacking at a given moment, we are saying nothing.'--Luther. What mattered in John's 1st century situation is found in Jn 12:34. To be a Christian meant that you agreed that he was not going to be a restored-theocracy king, but the suffering sacrifice which had come, later raised in glory by the Father as a declaration of all his authority and place.

The pretend christs that came in the 6th decade believed he (they) were restored-theocracy kings and that they were supposed to set up came and God would intervene as through Joshua against Rome.

Did or does Jesus Christ exist without His flesh?

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I contend that to confess Jesus Christ existed without his flesh before He was born, is anti-Christ.

but the verse is saying Jesus Christ IS COME in the flesh and that includes the true believer.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

The accuser of the brethren, admitted anti-Semite, Tellalie, asserts that all those who take a dispensational viewpoint, are anti-Christ-on record:

"All dispensationalists are Darby followers."-Tellalie

"Darby followers don't believe that. Darby followers claim there will be animal sacrifices for sin in the future.You are anti-Christ when it comes to what was accomplished at the cross."-Tellalie

When do you think he will break out the skittles comment?
It's my favorite.

john w

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Me, not so much.
But Mayor Stoner did while fishing with Eagle Eye Annie.

Oh, you're a modern day Floyd/Kevin VanDam bass angler now, "expert," ain't ya Mayor? At the next Carolinas Bass Challenge, why don't you tell the founders of the tournament, Ma and Pa Carp, that back home, that you and your fellow local, cigar smoking, hard cider drinking anglers kill carps, and see how far that gets it you? You're a real sharp cookie, Mayor....

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you're a modern day Floyd/Kevin VanDam bass angler now, "expert," ain't ya Mayor? At the next Carolinas Bass Challenge, why don't you tell the founders of the tournament, Ma and Pa Carp, that back home, that you and your fellow local, cigar smoking, hard cider drinking anglers kill carps, and see how far that gets it you? You're a real sharp cookie, Mayor....

Quit picking on me...I'm sensitive.
My mother's the same way.

john w

Hall of Fame
Quit picking on me...I'm sensitive.
My mother's the same way.

You shore are,Mayor! What happened this past weekend? Did that beautiful Mary Grace type, with whom/who we last saw you, do her Hilda Mae impression, before you were about to practice your "moves," "puffing you up," by rubbing your hair, messing it all up, so that it was out of place, Vitalis/Brill Creme, and all, and then she could not keep from laughing?

SaulToPaul 2

You shore are,Mayor! What happened this past weekend? Did that beautiful Mary Grace type, with whom/who we last saw you, do her Hilda Mae impression, before you were about to practice your "moves," "puffing you up," by rubbing your hair, messing it all up, so that it was out of place, Vitalis/Brill Creme, and all, and then she could not keep from laughing?

Well, saint john, one perk of keeping a short head of hair is that it is difficult to "muss" up.

john w

Hall of Fame
Well, saint john, one perk of keeping a short head of hair is that it is difficult to "muss" up.

You should take off on Barn-I do the same, staring at my Dash Rip Rock pics:

maxresdefault.jpg