Turbo's pick 9-29-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by billygoat
It's the oldest trick in the book to label someone you don't agree with as "ultra" " hyper" or a radical. Look to God's Word and forget about mumbo jumbo name calling. I am a Mid Acts Dispensationalist. This tells you something about my position. Ultra -dispensationalism can refer to someone who believes The Body of Christ began in Acts Chapter 2, 9, 13, or all the way to Acts 28. It is usually a name used in a perjorative way.

I find the argument compelling that Paul is The Apostle to The Body of Christ, and his gospel is unique, and very different from what Jesus and The Twelve taught. Jesus said He was sent to The Jews only. Paul refers to "my gospel". Jesus told His disciples to go only to Israel. Paul tells us there is no longer Jew or Gentile, but we are all one in The Body. Jesus says you have to forgive others or you cannot be forgiven, while Paul says since we are already forgiven we should forgive. See Matt 6:14 vs. Ephesians 4:32.

If you think the Body started in Acts 2, or if you think there is no distintiveness to Paul's Epistles, you have some serious problems with The Bible's teachings.
Wow! Great post, billygoat. :first: Welcome to TOL!

context

Status
Not open for further replies.