Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crow
Originally posted by Freak
Crow---

But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. (Galatians 4:4-7)

All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. (Galatians 3:10-14)

Note the bold part, Crow.

I note the bold part, Freak. If you are counting on the law to save you, you are under a curse. But if you are doing things under the law for the purpose of maintaining law and order, this does not make the law a curse, any more than if you circumcise your kid because you believe this to be a good medical practice.

God gave us an excellent system for administering justice. He told us how to deal with murderers, rapists, thieves, etc. If I keep this system because I believe it will lead to salvation, then I am indeed cursed, because this separates me from the truth that my salvation is only through the Grace of God, through Christ. If I keep this crimimal justice system God gave us because God is far brighter than I am and it works and God said to use this system, and I respect God's wishes, that does not mean I believe that my salvation rides on it.
Thanks for teaching me a brilliant new point, Crow! :jump:

Context

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.