ECT Tongues

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
TONGUES
1 Cor 12:28-31
28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.
1 Cor 14:1-6
1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.
4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?
1 Cor 14:9
9 So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.
1 Cor 14:18-19
18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;
19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.
1 Cor 14:22-23
22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.
23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
1 Cor 14:29-30
29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge.
30 But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent.
1 Cor 14:8
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
1 Cor 14:10-11
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
1 Cor 14:13-17
13 Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.
14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.
16 Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say?
17 For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
1 Cor 14:21
21 In the law it is written: "With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; and yet, for all that, they will not hear Me," says the Lord.
1 Cor 14:23-24
23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all.
1 Cor 14:26-28
26 How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret.
28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
1 Cor 14:31
31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.
1 Cor 14:39
39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.
1 Cor 14:40
40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
1 Cor 13:8-10
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
Heb 5:12-14
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
(NKJ)
Everyone who gets into christianity starts looking for evidence within themselves of the Holy Spirit. And they should. Now there are nine milk gifts of the Spirit. And speaking in tongues is the least one. All the gifts are signs for the weak in faith. The least milk gift seems to be speaking in tongues, but it is still a gift and it is still evidence. But speaking in tongues is evidence for the individual that they have the Holy Spirit. Because the individual is weak in faith. But if you go into the meat understanding and come to the revelations of Jesus Christ all nine gifts are in each revelation.

1 Cor 12:31
31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.
(NKJ)

PRAYING IN TONGUES

Rom 8:26
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
CARRYING TONGUES TO FAR
Rom 3:13
13 "Their throat is an open tomb; with their tongues they have practiced deceit"; "The poison of asps is under their lips";
1 Cor 12:28-31
28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
1 Cor 13:1
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
1 Cor 13:8-11
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Cor 14:1-3
1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.
1 Cor 14:5
5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
1 Cor 14:6-13
6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
9 So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
13 Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.
1 Cor 14:14-24
14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.
16 Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say?
17 For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;
19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
21 In the law it is written: "With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; and yet, for all that, they will not hear Me," says the Lord.

22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.

24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all.
1 Cor 14:27-28
27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret.
28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
(NKJ)

xxx Tongues are a sign not to believers, but to unbelievers. That they have received the Holy Spirit. But it is limited to their walk in the milk understanding. If they want to go into the meat understanding the tongues will cease. Now it is true some will abide in the milk understanding their whole lives. They will become lukewarm. While one is in the milk understanding they will still be enfluenced by their emotions(unclean spirits). But that is why we all need to go into the meat understanding to purge out the wrong beliefs, and all our emotions. If we dont do this we will never come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. Which is being born again. Tongues are a sign for unbelievers, not believers. Believers receive one of eight of the other gifts. To get them through the milk. But all must walk after the verses from the Holy Spirit to purge their minds and bodies in the meat.

1 Cor 13:8-12
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
(NKJ)

oatmeal

I Corinthians 14:18

Did the apostle Paul take tongues too far?

Was he still in the milk stage when God told him to write that?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Everyone who gets into christianity starts looking for evidence within themselves of the Holy Spirit.

Apparently you do not know what the evidence of the Holy spirit is, and if you had received it then you would very well know.

And they should. Now there are nine milk gifts of the Spirit. And speaking in tongues is the least one. All the gifts are signs for the weak in faith. The least milk gift seems to be speaking in tongues, but it is still a gift and it is still evidence. But speaking in tongues is evidence for the individual that they have the Holy Spirit. Because the individual is weak in faith. But if you go into the meat understanding and come to the revelations of Jesus Christ all nine gifts are in each revelation.

1 Cor 12:31
(NKJ)

PRAYING IN TONGUES

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
(NKJ)

This verse does not refer to tongues.

You should know that, but you do not.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Apparently you do not know what the evidence of the Holy spirit is, and if you had received it then you would very well know.

This verse does not refer to tongues.

You should know that, but you do not.

LA

I said
Well I guess I can see something you don't.

(NKJ)

1 Cor 14:2
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I Corinthians 14:18

Did the apostle Paul take tongues too far?

Was he still in the milk stage when God told him to write that?

I said
No Paul wasn't in the milk, but he taught in the milk.

1 Cor 3:1-3

1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
Well I guess I can see something you don't.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

You think you see, but if you did, then you would know that groanings which can not be uttered , is not referring to speaking in tongues.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
No Paul wasn't in the milk, but he taught in the milk.

1 Cor 3:1-3

1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
(NKJ)

Only to the immature.

To the mature, Paul spoke--

1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
1Co 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You think you see, but if you did, then you would know that groanings which can not be uttered , is not referring to speaking in tongues.

LA

I said
You miss my point. They both are how the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us in communication with God.

Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Only to the immature.

To the mature, Paul spoke--

1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
1Co 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

LA

I said
That hidden wisdom is the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Rev 2:17
17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it."'
(NKJ)

Col 1:26-27
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
(NKJ)

Eph 3:9-11
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
You miss my point. They both are how the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us in communication with God.

Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(NKJ)

Tongues has nothing to do with intercession or communication between ourselves and God.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
That hidden wisdom is the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Rev 2:17
17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it."'
(NKJ)

Col 1:26-27
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
(NKJ)

Eph 3:9-11
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
(NKJ)

it is unlikely that you have ever shared anything of the hidden mystery on a public board.

A mystery is hidden in the scriptures, not the scriptures themselves.

The mystery is hidden in the teachings of the old testament which you reject as meaning anything much.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Tongues has nothing to do with intercession or communication between ourselves and God.

LA

I said
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
it is unlikely that you have ever shared anything of the hidden mystery on a public board.

A mystery is hidden in the scriptures, not the scriptures themselves.

The mystery is hidden in the teachings of the old testament which you reject as meaning anything much.

LA

I said
The first rules of believing. Never think beyond what is written , and don't add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Groanings which can not be uttered, are not the same as speaking in a tongue.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said
The first rules of believing. Never think beyond what is written , and don't add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

So because you can not admit that speaking in tongues has nothing to do with groanings which can not be uttered, you decide to threaten me from Gods word.

That is a damnable act.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So because you can not admit that speaking in tongues has nothing to do with groanings which can not be uttered, you decide to threaten me from Gods word.

That is a damnable act.

LA

I said
Ease up. I don't threaten people. I just share what the Holy Spirit gives me to share.