toldailytopic: Oprah Winfrey: trustworthy talk show host, or lunatic liberal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 21st, 2009 09:31 AM

toldailytopic: Oprah Winfrey: trustworthy talk show host, or lunatic liberal?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wicked, evil, and conceited lunatic liberal. :thumb:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What makes you say that?

She believes there are many ways to "god" and if she does anything for charity she has to make it known so that people will praise her.

I love it when the lady in this clip smacks Oprah around with the truth and gets big time applause.

Oprah claims many ways lead to God.

Sozo again

“God is a feeling experience, not a believing experience. If God for you is about a belief, then it is not truly God” - Oprah Winfrey

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
∅2L84U;2198467 said:
“God is a feeling experience, not a believing experience. If God for you is about a belief, then it is not truly God” - Oprah Winfrey
Yeah, that line made me laugh as well. I guess by her own standard she can't believe in her god. :chuckle:

elohiym

∅2L84U;2198467 said:

Well, if that's what she believes, my "feeling experience" is that she's a lunatic liberal.

Righteousness is experiential, but it is solely based on faith in God's grace; and it is only in Christ that we have the experience, for Christ is the way the truth and the life.

I think that if Oprah knew Christ, she would proclaim Christ.

Zeke

I think Dr phil psychobabble as caused some christians to let their guard down when discerning Oprah, and her transcendentalism away from the God of the bible.

Zeke.

elohiym

What people need to understand is that Oprah is trashing Christianity to promote a "new" religion whose messiah is Eckhart Tolle. She is the high priestess for that new religion and a powerful endorser of Tolle.

Eckhart Tolle is a false Christ, and Oprah is his false prophet. Jesus warned us about them nearly 2000 years ago.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

allsmiles

∅2L84U;2198502 said:
Or maybe she will become MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE....bwwwaaaa!

I think she probably is more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

It would take an organization as powerful as OEM to challenge Oprah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oprah_Winfrey

http://www.openeyes.org/index.html

That's a good video that Knight posted. Her beliefs strike me as being far simpler and more coherent than the beliefs of any given religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.