Theology Club: To the Jew First

Jerry Shugart

What "good news" of Christ which saved was first preached to the Jews?:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

Can anyone answer this question, especially anyone from the Neo-MAD community?

Last edited:

Danoh

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

As [1] I do not belong to [2] this "Neo-Mad" figment of your imagination said imagination has produced, [3] both out of your obvious ignorance as to how to properly study things out, [4] but worse, your need to hound after others [5] desperately needing to prove that you are right, [6] at the same time that you "attack the messenger" by this "Neo-Mad" enemy you've concocted in your delusion, [7] I'll take this wind mill charge of yours, once more, as addressed, [9] neither to me, [10] nor to mine, Don Quixote, ur, Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything new which you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.

Danoh

You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything new which you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.

If you meant that, then you would drop dead (get lost... out of sight... away from even visual distance... away... away... away).

Would you like that in "the Greek," or perhaps in "a better translation, when cherry picked by Jerry, to prove Jerry alone as right always and forever...would be..."?

You word twister...

Jerry Shugart

Right Divider

Body part
Saved from what? Are you another one that thinks this word always means the same thing regardless of context?

Danoh

Put down the Tequila, and slap yourself already, lol

Jerry Shugart

Saved from what? Are you another one that thinks this word always means the same thing regardless of context?

I believe that it is by believing the gospel which results in being baptized into the Body of Christ and therefore be delivered from the fate of unbelievers:

"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph.3:6).​

What do you say is the meaning of the Greek word translated "salvation" at Romans 1:16?

Right Divider

Body part
I believe that it is by believing the gospel which results in being baptized into the Body of Christ and therefore be delivered from the fate of unbelievers:
"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph.3:6).​
What do you say is the meaning of the Greek word translated "salvation" at Romans 1:16?
If it means "eternal life", then why is it to the Jews first?

Was everyone before God chose them automatically damned?

DAN P

Hi and Acts , to me is the hardests book to understand !!

Here is just one verse of what was preached to the Jews and not by SAUL / PAUL in Acts 5:42 !!

And every day , in the temple and at home they were NOT stopping ( from ) teaching and preaching the Gospel , Jesus the CHRIST !!

#1 The Greek word " ceased / stopping " is in the IMPERFECT TENSE meaning that this preaching of the Gospel was preached in time Past but would stop as in Acts 28:28 !!

#2 , It would stop because the Nation of Israel did not accept it's MESSIAN and Pentecost ENDED !!

#3 God had already appointed a New Apostle as Peter was Phrase out , by Acts 15 !!

#4 , What was preached to these Jews , that Jesus was the " CHRIST / MESSIAH ."

DAN P

Danoh

Hi and Acts , to me is the hardests book to understand !!

Here is just one verse of what was preached to the Jews and not by SAUL / PAUL in Acts 5:42 !!

And every day , in the temple and at home they were NOT stopping ( from ) teaching and preaching the Gospel , Jesus the CHRIST !!

#1 The Greek word " ceased / stopping " is in the IMPERFECT TENSE meaning that this preaching of the Gospel was preached in time Past but would stop as in Acts 28:28 !!

#2 , It would stop because the Nation of Israel did not accept it's MESSIAN and Pentecost ENDED !!

#3 God had already appointed a New Apostle as Peter was Phrase out , by Acts 15 !!

#4 , What was preached to these Jews , that Jesus was the " CHRIST / MESSIAH ."

DAN P

Acts does not confuse me at all.

You see that, that I just posted, I forget where now - about "a Sabbath's day journey," Acts 1:12?

Just be that curious about it all.

And again, brother; the Greek is fine and all that, and I appreciate you for that; I do.

But get in the Book, brother. Just grab a KJV and read, and read, and read.

If you are as good at the Greek as you believe yourself to be; forty-seven of that then known world's best were better. Men who were not only raised in various languages from childhood, but who had known that Book inside and out.

Just look at how well they managed to keep the Mystery intact though their notes show they'd been practically oblivious to it.

That is some kind of special.

In this, if Matthew thru Early Acts are Old Testament ground; then the OT is where you are often going to find your answers to the Acts of the Apostles - "He came unto His own..." John 1:11.

You will get to where you end up forgetting more than most will ever even think on!

Get in that Book...

DAN P

Acts does not confuse me at all.

You see that, that I just posted, I forget where now - about "a Sabbath's day journey," Acts 1:12?

Just be that curious about it all.

And again, brother; the Greek is fine and all that, and I appreciate you for that; I do.

But get in the Book, brother. Just grab a KJV and read, and read, and read.

If you are as good at the Greek as you believe yourself to be; forty-seven of that then known world's best were better. Men who were not only raised in various languages from childhood, but who had known that Book inside and out.

Just look at how well they managed to keep the Mystery intact though their notes show they'd been practically oblivious to it.

That is some kind of special.

In this, if Matthew thru Early Acts are Old Testament ground; then the OT is where you are often going to find your answers to the Acts of the Apostles - "He came unto His own..." John 1:11.

You will get to where you end up forgetting more than most will ever even think on!

Get in that Book...

Hi and am glad for you , so will you say what Acts 15: 11 means ?

I saw your response to Acts 2:38 , try again !!

Thanks for telling me to read Acts !!

dna p

DAN P

You baiting me?

Hi and I do not use Red Herring for bait !!

You said that Acts did not confuse you !!

If I wanted to BAIT you it would be easy as I asked you to prove Acts 9 and you BAILED OUT , OK with me as I am MOVING ON !!

I think you let Jerry get to you , but I can deal with his Kingdom teaching MIXED with Grace !!

It took me a long time to find my way around , and just post and let the chips fall where they may and and not mad at anyone like you are at Jerry so post your response and move on !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and I do not use Red Herring for bait !!

You said that Acts did not confuse you !!

If I wanted to BAIT you it would be easy as I asked you to prove Acts 9 and you BAILED OUT , OK with me as I am MOVING ON !!

I think you let Jerry get to you , but I can deal with his Kingdom teaching MIXED with Grace !!

It took me a long time to find my way around , and just post and let the chips fall where they may and and not mad at anyone like you are at Jerry so post your response and move on !!

dan p

Lol, come on, DP, I answered your Acts 9 question; you simply missed it. It happens. No one is perfect.

Do you see me beating up on heir in response to what she posted on Romans 1's "called to be saints"? No. I let it go.

And no, Jerry does not get to me. I've faced gunfire at me and knife cuts, and have seen death firsthand.

Even better, I've seen men pass from death to eternal life....

The god complex of a fool is not going to phase me in the least.

Do I ignore bullies? Nope. Never did. Never will.

Sheesh, all that "Greek" and you failed to see "the mood" "tense" "sense" of my words to RD were in jest.

Tell ya what, follow Jerry, say two 1 John 1:9 and 10s, and call me in the morning, lol

No offence intended. Reread my last six or seven posts to you; see for yourself my word on this to you is true.

Jerry Shugart

Those in the Psuedo-MAD continue to refuse to answer my points. Some of them think that if they bad-mouth me enough then these questions will be answered. However, they are wrong! Here is what I asked again:

Would Paul preach the gospel of which he speaks here to the Jews first?:

"But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being" (Gal.1:15-16).​

If the answer is "no," then which gospel which saved was preached to the Jew first?

Last edited: