Theology Club: This Forum

Danoh

A thought...

I find myself posting less on the other forums on here.

I'll start a post, and then think, 'oh, what's the use; there is too much background others need to get first, before they can see what we are talking about. Background they don't even want to look into. I'd rather just explore understandings and compare notes with others who are Mid-Acts. Its why I joined TOL anyway.'

Another forum on the net has several safe houses - one for each major view - in addition to the regular forums everyone can post on at will.

As we are already all over the other forums on here, this forum - Mid-Acts - would better serve us if only those who assert our hermeneutic were allowed to post on here.

This way, we could explore our understandings of the various issues, in greater depth without having every post derailed by those ever woefully ignorant of Mid-Acts to begin with.

Of course, would that we ourselves could each then explore our understandings and compare notes with one another - not attempt to bait our own into a corner, and or attempt to force our respective view on one thing or another down their throats, as some within Mid-Acts are so prone to attempting to do.

That is a good way to discourage newbies to Mid-Acts out there from posting. I still recall my feeling as a newbie around some that I was supposed to watch my every p and q. Fortunately, I was not about to let such nonsense bind me. But not all newbies have that resilience - which is where the doctrine comes in to develop it - when it is encouraged.

Exploration and comparison of findings with our own on this forum here, was why I joined TOL. The endless shot for shot grows old.

The way it works on that other forums safe houses is the way the basic infractions, warnings, etc., work on its other forums.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The suggestion to have a safe-house comes up now and then, but has always been denied.

So, unless things change, you need to figure out a way to discuss with others you wish to discuss with.
The way things are set up right now, you can really only do this by just corresponding with the posters you wish to correspond with, and just ignore the rest.

Or, here's another idea .....
Start a 'social group' in which only those that are approved by you can join and post there.
The only difference is that there is no QUOTE button to quote another's post/ (You would have to copy/paste their particular question, and then type your answer under it.
It's really more of a chat room, but still gives you the options to bold, underline, and smiles.
But it does not have the you-tube button.
Also, it doesn't have a 'new thread' option. It will be just one long conversation (like the chat room).

I can show you how to start a 'social group', or I can start it myself, if you want to try that route.

Danoh

Thanks; let me think on it; as a running dialogue is not what I had in mind, rather; separate threads.

By the way, that avatar is one cool Lion. The ready, willing, and able to kick butt avatars seem to appeal to you :up:

glorydaz

A thought...

I find myself posting less on the other forums on here.

I'll start a post, and then think, 'oh, what's the use; there is too much background others need to get first, before they can see what we are talking about. Background they don't even want to look into. I'd rather just explore understandings and compare notes with others who are Mid-Acts. Its why I joined TOL anyway.'

Another forum on the net has several safe houses - one for each major view - in addition to the regular forums everyone can post on at will.

As we are already all over the other forums on here, this forum - Mid-Acts - would better serve us if only those who assert our hermeneutic were allowed to post on here.

This way, we could explore our understandings of the various issues, in greater depth without having every post derailed by those ever woefully ignorant of Mid-Acts to begin with.

Of course, would that we ourselves could each then explore our understandings and compare notes with one another - not attempt to bait our own into a corner, and or attempt to force our respective view on one thing or another down their throats, as some within Mid-Acts are so prone to attempting to do.

That is a good way to discourage newbies to Mid-Acts out there from posting. I still recall my feeling as a newbie around some that I was supposed to watch my every p and q. Fortunately, I was not about to let such nonsense bind me. But not all newbies have that resilience - which is where the doctrine comes in to develop it - when it is encouraged.

Exploration and comparison of findings with our own on this forum here, was why I joined TOL. The endless shot for shot grows old.

The way it works on that other forums safe houses is the way the basic infractions, warnings, etc., work on its other forums.

It would be wonderful. I am sick to death of having every thread trolled by the likes of GT, Meshak, etc. One nice thing is I don't think they come over here much. Maybe they don't even know they can. I just have to remember to look here. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks; let me think on it; as a running dialogue is not what I had in mind, rather; separate threads.
Yeah, I get it.
It's more for a one topic at a time thing.

Another thing you might try, that would be in this forum, is to continue this thread:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58704

It was set up and agreed upon that only sincere questions were welcome, and any snide comments or disruptions would be deleted by mods.
I bet the mods will still honor that thread.

By the way, that avatar is one cool Lion. The ready, willing, and able to kick butt avatars seem to appeal to you :up:
I'm an old woman.
I ain't got time to be beating around the bush, walking on eggshells, or trying to not 'offend' anyone.
I plan to go out full steam ahead, knocking the cowards out of my way, and tearing wolves to pieces along the way. And maybe slap a few young 'uns in the mouth, tell them to pull up their britches, and get a haircut.

:chuckle:

glorydaz

Yeah, I get it.

Another thing you might try, that would be in this forum, is to continue this thread:

It was set up and agreed upon that only sincere questions were welcome, and any snide comments or disruptions would be deleted by mods.

I'm an old woman.
I ain't got time to be beating around the bush, walking on eggshells, or trying to not 'offend' anyone.
I plan to go out full steam ahead, knocking the cowards out of my way, and tearing wolves to pieces along the way. And maybe slap a few young 'uns in the mouth, tell them to pull up their britches, and get a haircut.

:first:

Danoh

Yeah, I get it.

I'm an old woman.

Every so often, pause and consider that the fact that someone appears a lamb allowing itself to be led to slaughter does not necessarily mean one is not dealing with a lion...

"...had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory," 1 Cor. 2:8.

Danoh

Yeah, I get it.

I guess you were wrong. Sure enough, the ever asinine Jerry disrupted the thread over at "Sincere," I reported it, nothing was done, and not only has he continued to make an *** of himself, but you have been aiding and abetting his attempts by debating him, when you well know that will only bring more of the same from him to no end, as the man simply has no class.

Not mad at you. I've come to like you too much in the Lord, as well out of the Lord. Some people are just likeable, and you are one of those, to me.

It was a good suggestion, so thanks.