The tribulation starts in 2022 and Jesus returns in 2029

genuineoriginal

The abomination that causes desolation can not be Armies surrounding Jerusalem because the abominations are detestable things that are put near the temple by the Anti-Christ
The actual words of Jesus to the disciples were that they would know the desolation of Jerusalem was near when they saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies.
Do you know why the disciples substituted the words Jesus spoke with the reference to the "abomination that causes desolation" spoken of by Daniel?
No?
Mark and Matthew were written to a Jewish audience and the words of Jesus were hidden in these two gospels to avoid the appearance of sedition against Rome.
The writers of the Gospels of Mark and Matthew provided a reference to the invasion of Jerusalem by Antiochus Epiphanes which was called "the abomination that maketh desolate" in Daniel 11 to hide the words of Jesus which specifically spoke of the armies surrounding Jerusalem, which could only be from the armies of Rome coming to suppress an insurrection.
Luke was written to a Gentile audience and he had to use the words of Jesus because the Gentiles were not expected to know that "the abomination that maketh desolate" was a reference to an event where Jerusalem was invaded by armies.

What Is the ‘Abomination of Desolation’?
If a group of Christians sat down to list perplexing passages, it wouldn't take long for someone to mention Matthew 24:15-16: “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.”
As always, the first step is to read the text in literary, cultural, historical, and canonical contexts. Then we analyze the structure of the passage and do the necessary lexical and grammatical work.
Scholars generally agree that the first reference of these prophecies is the Seleucid king Antiochus Epiphanes IV, who ruled Palestine from 175-64 B.C. Antiochus treated Israel with such violence and contempt that they rebelled against him. When he came to suppress the rebellion, his forces entered the temple, stopped the regular sacrifices, set up an idol of or altar for Zeus, and apparently offered swine there as a sacrifice. This is an abomination because it is idolatry, and it brings desolation because it defiles the holy place at the heart of Israel. This act was the abomination “of” desolation, the abomination “causing” desolation.
Then he says, “When you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation . . . '—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.”
This prophecy makes sense only with reference to the fall of Jerusalem. It cannot possibly apply to Jesus' return. When he comes it will be pointless for an unbeliever to try to flee. And a believer will not want to flee. For the same reason, the following command not to go back to get a cloak and the woe for nursing mothers who must flee cannot refer to Jesus' return. But they make perfect sense if Jesus predicts that another abomination of desolation, like Antiochus Epiphanes of Daniel, is coming. Indeed that abomination did come in Roman form in AD 70. The Roman armies were always an abomination because they carried with them idolatrous images of the emperor, whom they worshiped. And those armies brought desolation because their commander leveled the city and entered the holy of holies, defiling it.​

WatchmanOnTheWall

Verse 25 states Messiah the Prince.
The references in verse 26 for Messiah and for Prince are both referring to the same Messiah the Prince mentioned in verse 25 and no one else.
Still two different persons
No, I didn't miss that calculation.

Correct.
Jesus' ministry was the first 3-1/2 years of the confirmation of the covenant.

God did not need 7 years to confirm the covenant, but God used 7 years to confirm the covenant.
Jesus began His ministry at the beginning of the last 7 years of the prophecy of 70 X 7 years.
Jesus was cut off in the middle of that 7 year period after 3-1/2 years of ministry.
The disciples started prophesying on Shavuot (Pentecost) and continued preaching the gospel to the children of Israel for the remaining 3-1/2 years of the prophecy.
Once the 70 X 7 year prophecy was ended, Peter was sent to Cornelius (Acts 10) and the gospel was opened up to the Gentiles.
This theory was first proposed by Eusebius ( http://www.nowoezone.com/NTC16.htm ) and was totally wrong. not sure if you knew this or are a Preterist too but it is all bunk.
No, the entire prophecy took place over 490 continuous years that began in 457 BCE and ended in 34 CE.
Actually it was from 455 BC to 29 AD
God is the one that made Jerusalem desolate in 70 CE in the exact same way He made Jerusalem desolate in 587 BCE.
If you think the desolation of Jerusalem was not God's doing, you are very much mistaken.
The reason God did this is because of the abominations of the children of Israel.
So you think the Babylonians and Romans had nothing to do with it and God destroyed what he said to build??? This verse comes to mind:

Mark 3:25
If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
The part I highlighted proves that the words of Jesus were replaced with the reference to "the abomination that causes desolation".
And just how did you come to that conclusion? Because it is there in the original Greek: http://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/24-15.htm
Luke is the only Gospel that records the actual words of Jesus:

Luke 21:20
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.​

Since Jesus never actually said the words you are relying on, he was not talking about some very evil Anti-Christ.
He only stated that the desolation of Jerusalem would be preceded by the armies surrounding Jerusalem.
The writers of the Gospel substituted the words Jesus said with the reference to the abomination of desolation.
You need to prove this with scripture (which you can't).
No, I can see just how very wrong you are by believing that God's prophecy was not speaking about God making Jerusalem desolate.
Jesus obviously knew that the prophecy was speaking of God making Jerusalem desolate.
it is not obviuos in fact it is just wrong.

Luke 13:34-35
34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.​

No where there does it say God left it desolate, only in your imagination.

genuineoriginal

This theory was first proposed by Eusebius ( http://www.nowoezone.com/NTC16.htm ) and was totally wrong. not sure if you knew this or are a Preterist too but it is all bunk.
I am not a Preterist, but I also do not fall into the extreme error made by futurists in their splitting off the last 7 years of the prophecy into a separate prophecy with no justification whatsoever.
So you think the Babylonians and Romans had nothing to do with it and God destroyed what he said to build???
I believe God who stated He would do it.

Leviticus 26:31
31 And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.​

Jeremiah 7:34
34 Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.​

And just how did you come to that conclusion? Because it is there in the original Greek: http://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/24-15.htm You need to prove this with scripture (which you can't). it is not obviuos in fact it is just wrong.
The words Jesus spoke in the Olivet Discourse were replaced by the writers of Mark and Matthew with "abomination that makes desolate" and the proof is that they added "let the reader understand".
Of course it is in the Greek versions of those Gospels, that proves nothing.
Luke provides the actual words of Jesus instead of the substitution.
No where there does it say God left it desolate, only in your imagination.
There more verses like these, and they are not my imagination.

Jeremiah 9:11
11 And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.​

Jeremiah 25:9-11
9 Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the Lord, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.
10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.
11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.​

WatchmanOnTheWall

I am not a Preterist, but I also do not fall into the extreme error made by futurists in their splitting off the last 7 years of the prophecy into a separate prophecy with no justification whatsoever.
There is justification because scripture supports the tribulation lasting 7 years as Daniel prophesied the sacrifises are stopped half way through by an evil person who most definately is not Jesus as you believe:

Daniel 9:27
He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

And even in your theory if you believe the abomination that causes desolation is the army that surrounds Jerusalem then this also can not be Jesus or His army as it will be Jesus who destroys the army that come against Jerusalem:

Revelation 19
19Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
I believe God who stated He would do it.

Leviticus 26:31
31 And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.​

Jeremiah 7:34
34 Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.​

I agree God allows it by letting evil forces do these things, such as when Nebuchadnezzar or the Romans conquered Jerusalem but you seem to spiritulaise it all and dismiss mans part in this. God created man to have an eternal relationship with even if some will eventually go to hell but the evil acts like this will be judged, just as He will judge with favour those who accept His Son.
The words Jesus spoke in the Olivet Discourse were replaced by the writers of Mark and Matthew with "abomination that makes desolate" and the proof is that they added "let the reader understand".
Of course it is in the Greek versions of those Gospels, that proves nothing.
Luke provides the actual words of Jesus instead of the substitution.
'Let the reader understand' means to understand what Daniel was prophesying ,which was about what the abomination is. Which you have not.
There more verses like these, and they are not my imagination.

Jeremiah 9:11
11 And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.​

Jeremiah 25:9-11
9 Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the Lord, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.
10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.
11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.​

Again you are over spiritualising these verses and ignoring mans part in it. God can't do evil but instead gives fair warning when evil doers are going to do something (especially if it is to fulfil His words).

genuineoriginal

There is justification because scripture supports the tribulation lasting 7 years as Daniel prophesied the sacrifises are stopped half way through by an evil person
The last "week" of the seventy "weeks" prophecy is not "the tribulation".
Nothing in scripture provides the length of the "great tribulation" that Jesus talked about.
The prophecy does not say that the sacrifices will be stopped by an evil person.

And even in your theory if you believe the abomination that causes desolation is the army that surrounds Jerusalem then this also can not be Jesus or His army as it will be Jesus who destroys the army that come against Jerusalem:
According to history, in 66 CE Jerusalem was surrounded by armies led by Cestius Gallus and the Christians that believed the prophecy in the Olivet Discourse fled to Pella and escaped before the city was captured in 70 CE.

The people of the Church in Jerusalem were commanded by an oracle given by revelation before the war to those in the city who were worthy of it to depart and dwell in one of the cities of Perea which they called Pella. To it those who believed on Christ traveled from Jerusalem, so that when holy men had altogether deserted the royal capital of the Jews and the whole land of Judaea…"
— Eusebius, Church History 3, 5, 3

This heresy of the Nazoraeans exists in Beroea in the neighbourhood of Coele Syria and the Decapolis in the region of Pella and in Basanitis in the so-called Kokaba (Chochabe in Hebrew). From there it took its beginning after the exodus from Jerusalem when all the disciples went to live in Pella because Christ had told them to leave Jerusalem and to go away since it would undergo a siege. Because of this advice they lived in Perea after having moved to that place, as I said."
— Epiphanius, Panarion 29,7,7-8​

I agree God allows it by letting evil forces do these things, such as when Nebuchadnezzar or the Romans conquered Jerusalem but you seem to spiritulaise it all and dismiss mans part in this.
God did not "allow" the destruction of Jerusalem and the desolations.
God prophesied that it would happen and then God made it happen.
Do not give man the credit that is due to God alone.

Again you are over spiritualising these verses and ignoring mans part in it. God can't do evil but instead gives fair warning when evil doers are going to do something (especially if it is to fulfil His words).
If God Himself stated that He is the one to bring evil upon Jerusalem, would you believe Him or would you argue that He can't do it?

Jeremiah 4:6
6 Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.​

Jeremiah 6:19
19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.​

Jeremiah 11:11
11 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.​

Jeremiah 19:3
3 And say, Hear ye the word of the Lord, O kings of Judah, and inhabitants of Jerusalem; Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, the which whosoever heareth, his ears shall tingle.​

WatchmanOnTheWall

The last "week" of the seventy "weeks" prophecy is not "the tribulation".
Nothing in scripture provides the length of the "great tribulation" that Jesus talked about.
The prophecy does not say that the sacrifices will be stopped by an evil person.

According to history, in 66 CE Jerusalem was surrounded by armies led by Cestius Gallus and the Christians that believed the prophecy in the Olivet Discourse fled to Pella and escaped before the city was captured in 70 CE.

The people of the Church in Jerusalem were commanded by an oracle given by revelation before the war to those in the city who were worthy of it to depart and dwell in one of the cities of Perea which they called Pella. To it those who believed on Christ traveled from Jerusalem, so that when holy men had altogether deserted the royal capital of the Jews and the whole land of Judaea…"
— Eusebius, Church History 3, 5, 3

This heresy of the Nazoraeans exists in Beroea in the neighbourhood of Coele Syria and the Decapolis in the region of Pella and in Basanitis in the so-called Kokaba (Chochabe in Hebrew). From there it took its beginning after the exodus from Jerusalem when all the disciples went to live in Pella because Christ had told them to leave Jerusalem and to go away since it would undergo a siege. Because of this advice they lived in Perea after having moved to that place, as I said."
— Epiphanius, Panarion 29,7,7-8​
This was only a foreshadow of what is coming, many prophesy's are like this.
God did not "allow" the destruction of Jerusalem and the desolations.
Do not give man the credit that is due to God alone.
No, God allowed or at most sent the Babylonians and Romans to do it.
If God Himself stated that He is the one to bring evil upon Jerusalem, would you believe Him or would you argue that He can't do it?

Jeremiah 4:6
6 Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.​

Jeremiah 6:19
19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.​

Jeremiah 11:11
11 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.​

Jeremiah 19:3
3 And say, Hear ye the word of the Lord, O kings of Judah, and inhabitants of Jerusalem; Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, the which whosoever heareth, his ears shall tingle.​

'I will bring' means God brought evil there, He did not DO evil there himself. There is a difference. God can not DO evil. I don't think we will agree here but I have tried.

genuineoriginal

This was only a foreshadow of what is coming, many prophesy's are like this.
The prophecy was fulfilled. It is not a mere foreshadow like you want it to be.

No, God allowed or at most sent the Babylonians and Romans to do it.
God made the desolation of Jerusalem happen twice.
The Chaldeans and Romans were used as tools in God's hands to do what God decreed would happen.

'I will bring' means God brought evil there, He did not DO evil there himself. There is a difference. God can not DO evil. I don't think we will agree here but I have tried.
The God of the Bible is not living up to the standards you demand Him to have.
Are you going to stop following Him because of that?
Or you going to keep ripping out pages from your Bible because it says what you refuse to accept?

WatchmanOnTheWall

The prophecy was fulfilled. It is not a mere foreshadow like you want it to be.
Well you will see it 2022 so we'll just have to wait.
God made the desolation of Jerusalem happen twice.
The Chaldeans and Romans were used as tools in God's hands to do what God decreed would happen.
It is good that you have changed your position from what you originally believed: From your post #65 above:
"God did not "allow" the destruction of Jerusalem and the desolations.
Do not give man the credit that is due to God alone."
The God of the Bible is not living up to the standards you demand Him to have.
Are you going to stop following Him because of that?
Or you going to keep ripping out pages from your Bible because it says what you refuse to accept?

Now you're contradicting yourself from what you have just said because I said: "'I will bring' means God brought evil there, He did not DO evil there himself. There is a difference. God can not DO evil."

God (at most) brought the Babylonians and Romans to destroy Jerusalem.

genuineoriginal

Well you will see it 2022 so we'll just have to wait.
Nothing of Biblical significance will happen in 2022.

It is good that you have changed your position from what you originally believed: From your post #65 above:
"God did not "allow" the destruction of Jerusalem and the desolations.
Do not give man the credit that is due to God alone."
I did not change my position.
God using the Chaldeans and Romans as tools in His hands is the same as God making it happen.

Now you're contradicting yourself from what you have just said because I said: "'I will bring' means God brought evil there, He did not DO evil there himself. There is a difference. God can not DO evil."
God never said He can not DO evil.

I believe what God says about Himself.

Jeremiah 18:8
8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.​

Jeremiah 36:3
3 It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.​

Jeremiah 42:10
10 If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you.​

WatchmanOnTheWall

Nothing of Biblical significance will happen in 2022.
We'll see.
I did not change my position.
God using the Chaldeans and Romans as tools in His hands is the same as God making it happen.
No it isn't because else where God does deal with people more directly in a destructive way, such as the plagues He sent on Egypt and Pharaoh, which although can be seen as evil it isn't because He knows all things and is sovereign so can exact punishment fairly.
That's what I said. So we agree there.
I believe what God says about Himself.

Jeremiah 18:8
8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.​

Jeremiah 36:3
3 It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.​

Jeremiah 42:10
10 If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you.​

As said although this can be seen as evil it isn't because He knows all things and is sovereign so can exact punishment fairly.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This thread is just for you daqq. :)

The reason I and others believe the tribulation will start in 2022 and Jesus returns in 2029 is because 2029 will be the start of the 6000th year of the Earth's history and Jesus returns to rule for his 1000 year Millennial reign as explained in this thread:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?127731-God-s-7000-year-plan&highlight=

And voiced in these earlier threads:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...h-connected-to-Jesus-second-coming&highlight=

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?125145-Jesus-Return&highlight=

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?127115-Did-Jesus-die-on-the-4000th-year&highlight=

The Tribulation starting in 2022 is based on it lasting 7 years as according to the prophet Daniel.

The late Harold Camping and you share a common belief system. You both think you can "theorize" the dates of "The End of Times." You're both wrong. People like you and Camping are basically, guessing. You and he don't have a clue about what's in store for this world.

WatchmanOnTheWall

The late Harold Camping and you share a common belief system. You both think you can "theorize" the dates of "The End of Times." You're both wrong. People like you and Camping are basically, guessing. You and he don't have a clue about what's in store for this world.

It's not my theory nor do I belong to a cult, those thoughts are the ones you've jumped to because you do not have an enquiring mind or good reasoning skills. As I said there are other's who believe this too and the reasons why we believe it are all laid out in the OP and in the links to the other threads that would answer all your questions.

genuineoriginal

God can not DO evil.

That's what I said. So we agree there.
No, I did not say what you said.
You are the one claiming that God can not DO evil.
God never made that claim.
Instead God makes several claims about Him doing evil, which I provided.

If you think God cannot DO evil, then you do not know God, since God Himself states that He does evil in certain circumstances.

WatchmanOnTheWall

No, I did not say what you said.
You are the one claiming that God can not DO evil.
God never made that claim.
Instead God makes several claims about Him doing evil, which I provided.

If you think God cannot DO evil, then you do not know God, since God Himself states that He does evil in certain circumstances.

I know this paradoxical question; Can God do evil, is hard to understand because God made everything and evil exists, but evil is subject to God and not the other way round. Therefore any act by God that could be seen as evil is only because we are not understanding His sovereignty. This article with verses may help:

'No, God cannot do everything. God is holy, and He cannot sin. The Bible tells us He cannot lie (Hebrews 6:18; Titus 1:2). Also, since God is eternal by nature (Psalm 90:2), He cannot stop being God. He cannot deny Himself (2 Tim. 2:13). God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone with evil (James 1:13).

Some critics of Christianity will say that if God is so powerful and He can do anything then He should be able to make a rock so big He can't pick it up. If He could do that, then there would be something He could not do. But such absurd and illogical challenges are meaningless. The truth is that God must be consistent with His own nature, and He cannot violate His own nature. Therefore, God cannot lie, cannot stop being God, cannot deny Himself, and cannot be tempted by evil. Why? Because He is God.'

https://carm.org/questions/about-god/can-god-do-everything-including-sin

daqq

And what day was it that you said Jesus would return in 2029?
Wasn't it the 24th of September 2029, O prophet? :chuckle:

Well to be more accurate Jesus returns on the clouds on the Day of Atonement and sets foot on the Mount of Olives at Tabernacles. According to Torah Calendar that will be the 19th and 24th of September 2029 respectively:

http://www.torahcalendar.com/Calendar.asp?PYM=Y2029M7

Ahah, so now we have another piece of the pseudo-prophecy puzzle of WatchmanOnTheWall, who has made yet another prediction-prognostication: the appearance of the Anti-Christ on the 11th of October, 2022, in Damascus.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall
The Anti-Christ is the Muslim Mahdi who will come from Syria and will be Shia. He will be like a Muslim Hitler and will hate Christians and Jews. He is alive and well now and will appear in 2022 (11th October) in Damascus and he will rule the world till 2029 when Jesus returns.

:doh:

You are predicting the day of the appearance of "the Anti-Christ" too? :crackup:

So according to WatchmanOnTheWall:
1) The tribulation begins in 2022 and lasts until 2029.
2) The Anti-Christ will appear on the 11th of October, 2022, in Damascus.
3) Jesus will return on the 24th of September, 2029.

:chuckle:

This is great, and it was not me who posted a call-out thread, but you posted your own call-out thread calling me out, (this thread, lol, which, by the way, I have no problem with because it suits its purpose as shown herein).

daqq

And what day was it that you said Jesus would return in 2029?
Wasn't it the 24th of September 2029, O prophet?
chuckle.gif

Well to be more accurate Jesus returns on the clouds on the Day of Atonement and sets foot on the Mount of Olives at Tabernacles. According to Torah Calendar that will be the 19th and 24th of September 2029 respectively:

http://www.torahcalendar.com/Calendar.asp?PYM=Y2029M7

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall
The Anti-Christ is the Muslim Mahdi who will come from Syria and will be Shia. He will be like a Muslim Hitler and will hate Christians and Jews. He is alive and well now and will appear in 2022 (11th October) in Damascus and he will rule the world till 2029 when Jesus returns.

Thus far, according to WatchmanOnTheWall:
1) The tribulation will begin in 2022 and last until 2029.
2) The Anti-Christ will appear on 11 October 2022 in Damascus.
3) Jesus will return on the clouds on the Day of Atonement, 19 September 2029.
4) Jesus will set foot on the Mount of Olives at Tabernacles, 24 September 2029.

:chuckle:

genuineoriginal

I know this paradoxical question; Can God do evil, is hard to understand because God made everything and evil exists, but evil is subject to God and not the other way round. Therefore any act by God that could be seen as evil is only because we are not understanding His sovereignty. This article with verses may help:

'No, God cannot do everything. God is holy, and He cannot sin. The Bible tells us He cannot lie (Hebrews 6:18; Titus 1:2). Also, since God is eternal by nature (Psalm 90:2), He cannot stop being God. He cannot deny Himself (2 Tim. 2:13). God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone with evil (James 1:13).

Some critics of Christianity will say that if God is so powerful and He can do anything then He should be able to make a rock so big He can't pick it up. If He could do that, then there would be something He could not do. But such absurd and illogical challenges are meaningless. The truth is that God must be consistent with His own nature, and He cannot violate His own nature. Therefore, God cannot lie, cannot stop being God, cannot deny Himself, and cannot be tempted by evil. Why? Because He is God.'

https://carm.org/questions/about-god/can-god-do-everything-including-sin
"Can God do evil?" is the wrong question.
If you ask that, you will always come up with the wrong answer.

The question to ask is "Does God do evil?"
By His own words, God does do evil.

You seem to be thinking that if God does evil, then God is sinning.
Can God sin?
Yes, God has the ability to sin.
Does God sin?
No, God does not sin.
When God does evil, isn't that sinning?
No, God can do evil without sinning.

You need to figure out what God means by Him doing evil before you start arguing that God can't do what He says He does do.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"Can God do evil?" is the wrong question.
If you ask that, you will always come up with the wrong answer.

The question to ask is "Does God do evil?"
By His own words, God does do evil.

You seem to be thinking that if God does evil, then God is sinning.
Can God sin?
Yes, God has the ability to sin.
Does God sin?
No, God does not sin.
When God does evil, isn't that sinning?
No, God can do evil without sinning.

You need to figure out what God means by Him doing evil before you start arguing that God can't do what He says He does do.
I say God cannot sin or lie and go against Himself. No contradictions.

Titus 1:2 KJV - In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Numbers 23:19 KJV - God is not a man, that He should lie,Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

1 John 3:4 KJV - Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.

2 Timothy 2:13 KJV - If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself

Mark 3:25-26n KJV - And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

There are more scriptures than these.

Twelve Things God Cannot Do — The Church of God International

WatchmanOnTheWall

Ahah, so now we have another piece of the pseudo-prophecy puzzle of WatchmanOnTheWall, who has made yet another prediction-prognostication: the appearance of the Anti-Christ on the 11th of October, 2022, in Damascus.

This is great, and it was not me who posted a call-out thread, but you posted your own call-out thread calling me out, (this thread, lol, which, by the way, I have no problem with because it suits its purpose as shown herein).

Well we're both happy now so that's good. :)