The Sin is With-in / The Salvation is With-out

Robert Pate

Banned
Sin is not something like a bad disease or sickness that we can get rid of. Sin is a spiritual condition that we are all born with. King David wrote, "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" Psalm 51:5. The Old Testament is a record of fallen man's inability to please a Holy God. Many of the prophets confessed that they were unworthy sinners. The apostle Paul wrote, "For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18.

The leading question in many theological circles is... "How can a fallen sinner become acceptable to a Holy God?". Catholics believe that man's fallen nature can be re-habilitated and made acceptable to God by the works of the law, or by an infusion of grace. But then Paul dismisses that idea when he said, "As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. And then John says, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8. The Bible makes it clear that God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. If he did then Christ died in vain. The Catholic church believes that God is the minister of sin and accepts the works and the obedience of sinners.

The only thing that God accepts in both the Old Testament and the new Testament is faith, mainly faith in his Son Jesus Christ. All that have faith in Jesus Christ are given the Holy Spirit and are placed in Christ. God does not see us outside of Christ. "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. As far as your salvation goes God is through with you. You are now complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. You have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

In the Catholic religion there is no rest. You are busy, busy, busy trying to re-habilitate your old Adamic nature and make it like Jesus Christ. The whole purpose of the sacraments is to eat the flesh of Jesus, drink his blood and become like him. It is called transubstantiation. It doesn't work. The Catholic church is full of immorial priest. It is also a work of the law. A work of the law is any religious thing that we do. Paul said, "By the works of the law no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.

If the sin is with-in, then the salvation must be with-out. It is very apparent that Catholicism is not working. Which is the religion of "with-in". If sinful man is to be saved salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of himself. Thank God that it has in the person of Jesus Christ. Paul wrote, "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. If Christ died for us while we were sinners then this means that our salvation is "with-out" and not with-in.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Someone did a poll awhile back and they found out that there is only a 10% different in the morals of church going people verses the unchurched people.

I mean do you belive those who are saved live the same as the unsaved?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Freedom from sin comes from Christ within, not from Christ without.

If a person does not have the Spirit of Christ that person is none of his.

Robert Pate

Banned
Freedom from sin comes from Christ within, not from Christ without.

If a person does not have the Spirit of Christ that person is none of his.

It is not the work of the Holy Spirit to free you from sin. That is Romanism.

Jesus is the one that fulfilled the law and abolished it. Where there is no law, there is no sin, Colossians 2:14.

"If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is not the work of the Holy Spirit to free you from sin. That is Romanism.

Jesus is the one that fulfilled the law and abolished it. Where there is no law, there is no sin, Colossians 2:14.

"If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36.
Sin exists. The question is if punishment for sin exists for the believer. If your debt has been paid it does not need to be paid again. But there is no reason to say sin is no longer sin because you want to have done away with both the law and the punishments found in the law.

Sin is still a reality even after Christ is at the right hand of God. But sin is not to be committed by the Christian, in that he has been born again being forgiven his sin not for the reason of then committing sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sin exists. The question is if punishment for sin exists for the believer. If your debt has been paid it does not need to be paid again. But there is no reason to say sin is no longer sin because you want to have done away with both the law and the punishments found in the law.

Sin is still a reality even after Christ is at the right hand of God. But sin is not to be committed by the Christian, in that he has been born again being forgiven his sin not for the reason of then committing sin.

Spiritually, God sees the believer as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. It is for this reason that the Christian is not concerned about sin. Except for you.

The purpose of the Holy Spirit is to make the believer a witness for Christ and his Gospel. In spite of the Holy Spirit Christians still sin. Paul struggled with sin, Romans 7:18.

This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Spiritually, God sees the believer as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. It is for this reason that the Christian is not concerned about sin. Except for you.

The purpose of the Holy Spirit is to make the believer a witness for Christ and his Gospel. In spite of the Holy Spirit Christians still sin. Paul struggled with sin, Romans 7:18.

This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10.
Mentioning sin is not a sin Robert Pate. That would be a never ending cycle. If you have freedom from sin it is still sin that you have freedom from.

Robert Pate

Banned
Mentioning sin is not a sin Robert Pate. That would be a never ending cycle. If you have freedom from sin it is still sin that you have freedom from.

Where did I say mentioning sin is a sin?

If you have freedom from sin you are no longer concerned about it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Where did I say mentioning sin is a sin?

If you have freedom from sin you are no longer concerned about it.
It doesn't mean you no longer talk about it. Even if you have victory in all areas of sin in your life that you once dealt with you are not going to not mention sin in sharing the gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
It doesn't mean you no longer talk about it. Even if you have victory in all areas of sin in your life that you once dealt with you are not going to not mention sin in sharing the gospel.

I have no concern about sin.

Why should I be concerned about something that has been defeated by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 1:3.

In the Gospel God sees me as perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

There are terrible consequences to sinning. Don't do it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have no concern about sin.

Why should I be concerned about something that has been defeated by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 1:3.

In the Gospel God sees me as perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

There are terrible consequences to sinning. Don't do it.
Right. You are telling me not to sin. There is no problem with you doing so. There shouldn't be any problem with my telling other people not to sin.