The Psalmist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:cool: Well let's see . . . Nursing home ministry since 1979 . . . Saved April 14, 1974 . . . Retired/disabled, printer, funeral director . . . married 43 years in April . . . Lots of grand kids . . .

The Psalmist name? I have a love for all the scriptures, Genesis to Revelation, yet I have a favoritism for the book of Psalms, which came about when my late brother introduced me to the "Treasury of David", by Charles H. Spurgeon, 1833-1892. When I began reading the "Treasury" I was hooked, so the studies in the Psalms is on going study for me - I just love being a student of God word. The Psalms, a field of rich lush green pastures of hidden treasure for feeding the soul, Amen and Amen!

I have both the 3 volume set of the "Treasury" and the single volume abridged copy.

I use the RSV the most, I like the NASB too. My latest treasure find is a 1950's large print leather bond 6x9 copy of the Psalms, I also picked up a 1881-1885 Revised Standard. A few years ago I found a 1901 American Version.

So glad to be here, TheologyOline is a fair place to post chat, etc.

Blessings to you all - The Psalmist :cool:

Last edited:

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
Do you write any psalms?

I have a few personal Psalms that I have written out of a need for a closer presents of the Lord, not just in some very dark times, but on days of gray slush, and the that are also bright and most beautiful. I'll post some later.

For now my pray is, "Lord when my faith in you is weak and small, cause my trust in you to be strong and large." Amen. As matter of fact that calls for a double amen, Amen and Amen!

Praise the Lord for that old hymn that states - "Oh the touch of His hand on mine."

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:
Here's a recent post I did on a Psalm (and a funny video of babies)

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26942

Hi there Psalmist! I just gave a talk last sunday at a retirement home sunday service! It was a great experience, different but wonderful!

Mustard Seed, your statement (in green) caused me to think back when we, Violet and I, started in nursing home ministry. WOW, back in February 1979. Violet learned to play the piano and organ, because sometimes it was hard to get others to help, anyway, I hope you get another chance to bring some SonShine to the shut in's of the world, as they are basking in the presence of our wonder Heavenly Father!

Status
Not open for further replies.