ECT The "other" Gospel is not very good news

Interplanner

"We have heard that some went from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said." Acts 15:24 (opening line of the council's letter).

That's those other gospels for you! There were two! One that was great news and one that bludgeoned people with doubt and complication.

SaulToPaul 2

Both were good news:

1. Gospel of circumcision-> follow the Apostles' doctrine, the LORD will return, resurrect you, and plant you in the New Jerusalem as a King and Priest.

2. Gospel of uncircumcision-> follow Paul's doctrine, rest in the fact that you're already seated in Christ in heavenly places.

Jerry Shugart

So it was not "good news" to the Jews when it was preached to them that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?

It was not 'good news" to them, especially considering the fact that those who believed that fact were given spiritual life when they were born of God (jn.20:30-31;1 Jn.1:1-5)?

dodge

Both were good news:

1. Gospel of circumcision-> follow the Apostles' doctrine, the LORD will return, resurrect you, and plant you in the New Jerusalem as a King and Priest.

2. Gospel of uncircumcision-> follow Paul's doctrine, rest in the fact that you're already seated in Christ in heavenly places.

Me thinks you are very confused !

Rev 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Eventually everyone in Christ ends up in New Jerusalem which is on the "new earth".

dodge

:chuckle:

Yep, that is exactly what scripture teaches.

Rev 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

dodge

Isa 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Looks like the secret was shared by Isiah !

SaulToPaul 2

Isa 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Looks like the secret was shared by Isiah !

Rise and shine, thy Light is come...and the Gentiles shall come to thy Light.

vs

But rather through their fall salvation is come to the Gentiles.

dodge

Rise and shine, thy Light is come...and the Gentiles shall come to thy Light.

vs

But rather through their fall salvation is come to the Gentiles.

Is it really material ? Isiah did say He was given a light for the gentiles. It was under the I also give you a light to the gentiles that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Looks like you are majoring on the minor. You are a gentile correct ?

DAN P

"We have heard that some went from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said." Acts 15:24 (opening line of the council's letter).

That's those other gospels for you! There were two! One that was great news and one that bludgeoned people with doubt and complication.

Hi and tells us what these 2 gospel's are called and verse where they are written ??

dan p