ECT The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel

iamaberean

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve Apostles
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Tribes of Israel, prior to this time, had lived in northern Israel.
2Ki 17:5 Then the king of Assyria came up throughout all the land, and went up to Samaria, and besieged it three years.
The Fall of Israel
2Ki 17:6 In the ninth year of Hoshea the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.
Exile Because of Idolatry
2Ki 17:7 For so it was, that the children of Israel had sinned against the LORD their God, which had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and had feared other gods,
2Ki 17:8 And walked in the statutes of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel, and of the kings of Israel, which they had made.
2Ki 17:9 And the children of Israel did secretly those things that were not right against the LORD their God, and they built them high places in all their cities, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city.
2Ki 17:10 And they set them up images and groves in every high hill, and under every green tree:
2Ki 17:11 And there they burnt incense in all the high places, as did the heathen whom the LORD carried away before them; and wrought wicked things to provoke the LORD to anger:
2Ki 17:12 For they served idols, whereof the LORD had said unto them, Ye shall not do this thing.
2Ki 17:13 Yet the LORD testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets, and by all the seers, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.
2Ki 17:14 Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the LORD their God.
2Ki 17:15 And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and they followed vanity, and became vain, and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the LORD had charged them, that they should not do like them.
2Ki 17:16 And they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal.
2Ki 17:17 And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
2Ki 17:18 Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

The Tribe of Judah lived in southern Israel. They were taken captive by Babylon.
Jer 27:21 Yea, thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, concerning the vessels that remain in the house of the LORD, and in the house of the king of Judah and of Jerusalem;
Jer 27:22 They shall be carried to Babylon, and there shall they be until the day that I visit them, saith the LORD; then will I bring them up, and restore them to this place.

When Jesus came to earth, the Tribe of Judah had indeed returned to Jerusalem and rebuilt the Temple. Jesus had witnessed to them. This is why the twelve disciples were sent to the Lost Tribe of Israel.

In truth they were not physically lost, but spiritually they were. The disciples did what Jesus said and they went only to the Lost Sheep of Israel.

We now know, by historians, that the migration of the Lost Tribes of Israel has been discovered.

ttruscott

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

We are told that the meaning of lost sheep gone astray refers also to Christians who upon their conversion have RETURNED to their Shepherd: 1 Peter 2:25 For "you were like sheep going astray," but now youhave RETURNED to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
Have you ever wondered, IF we are created at conception in Adam as sinners, then when were we ever with our Shepherd to go astray from Him so as to later RETURN to Him??

Can you help me...how did His sheep get lost?

1. The fault was in the Shepherd...He sent them out without His protection to take their chances in the evil world.

2. The fault is in the Shepherd's enemy, the wolf in serpent's clothing dragged the sheep off and He could not stop it.

3. The sheep went astray because the grass looked greener in sin city and they and only they have any fault in their being lost.

1. is inherited sin, 2. is Satan did it and 3. is our own free will.

All of orthodoxy accepts #1. with no qualms...sigh,

peace, Ted

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But his father refused and said, “I know, my son, I know. He also shall become a people and he also shall be great, but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his descendants shall become a multitude of nations." (Genesis 48:19)

beloved57

Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

That was the Church, the Body of Christ at the time of Christs earthly ministry, so the Gospel was to be preached to them first primarily, however following His death, the New Covenant era began, and Christ had lost sheep amongst the gentiles that He must now call through the Gospel, and they would be added to His Church, the Body of Christ whom He loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25 Rom 1:16

iamaberean

We are told that the meaning of lost sheep gone astray refers also to Christians who upon their conversion have RETURNED to their [FONT=&]Shepherd[/FONT]: [FONT=&]1 Peter 2:25 [/FONT][FONT=&]For "you were like sheep going astray," but now you[/FONT][FONT=&]have RETURNED to the Shepherd and Overseer of your[/FONT][FONT=&] souls.[/FONT][FONT=&]
Have you ever wondered, IF we are created at conception in Adam as sinners, then when were we ever with our Shepherd to go astray from Him so as to later RETURN to Him??

Can you help me...how did His sheep get lost?

1. The fault was in the Shepherd...He sent them out without His protection to take their chances in the evil world.

2. The fault is in the Shepherd's enemy, the wolf in serpent's clothing dragged the sheep off and He could not stop it.

3. The sheep went astray because the grass looked greener in sin city and they and only they have any fault in their being lost.

1. is inherited sin, 2. is Satan did it and 3. is our own free will.

All of orthodoxy accepts #1. with no qualms...sigh,

peace, Ted[/FONT]

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Jesus and his disciples witnessed to the children of Judea while he was here. Afterwards he told his disciples to go only to the lost tribes of Israel and that is just what they did. Take note of who was addressed in the Book of James.
Jas 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.