THE LAMB OF GOD

DougE

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

In Genesis 22:8 Abraham said that God would provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering; Jesus is that lamb (1 Peter 1:19). Jesus would offer himself for the redemption of Israel (Psalm 130:8), for the transgressions Israel committed under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15).

Jesus takes away the sin of the world (1 Timothy 2:6 1 John 2:2). God always made provision for all to be saved. Abraham was justified by believing God when he was uncircumcised, before there was a nation of Israel (Romans 4:9-10). Gentile strangers to the covenants of Israel (Ephesians 2:12) could always become a proselyte (Exodus 12:48). When Peter and the disciples preached all hearers of the Word that believed, Jew and Gentile, were added to the church (Acts 6:1 Acts 13:48 Acts 2:47). In this dispensation justification is not exclusive to Gentiles, but is for the Jews as well (Romans 1:16). All have sinned and need our Saviour and redemption (Romans 3:23-24).

Jesus would take away the sins of the world, by which the Gentiles could be justified unto eternal life; the Gentiles, would however, have to go through Israel. Only to Paul was it revealed that all could be justified by faith in Christ and his shed blood by the cross, apart from Israel.

John came baptizing to manifest Jesus to Israel. God sent John to baptize with water. Paul was not sent to baptize (1 Corinthians 1:17).

John declares Jesus to be the Son of God.

beloved57

douge

Jesus would offer himself for the redemption of Israel (Psalm 130:8)

Thats the church, a NT parallel Titus 2:14

14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Jesus takes away the sin of the world (1 Timothy 2:6 1 John 2:2).

Thats the church. The Church is Israel, the elect of God

DAN P

douge

Thats the church, a NT parallel Titus 2:14

14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Thats the church. The Church is Israel, the elect of God

Hi and Titus was written to the B O C and not too Israel , and Israel is not in VIEW as anyone who reads it will see and one point is Titus 1:paul is appointing ELDERS and DEACONS !!

So how are PASTORS and TEACHERS , and EVANGELIST appointed and in Eph 4:12 are for the building up of the B O C and not Israel , WHAT A BUMMER !!

dan p

beloved57

Hi and Titus was written to the B O C and not too Israel , and Israel is not in VIEW as anyone who reads it will see and one point is Titus 1:paul is appointing ELDERS and DEACONS !!

So how are PASTORS and TEACHERS , and EVANGELIST appointed and in Eph 4:12 are for the building up of the B O C and not Israel , WHAT A BUMMER !!

dan p

Rabbit trail ! Who did God promise pastors to here Jer 3:15

and I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

DAN P

Rabbit trail ! Who did God promise pastors to here Jer 3:15

and I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Hi and who is God talking about in Jer 3:2 that committed WHOREDOMS and with thy WICKEDNESS ?

In verse 6 God is speaking to the days of Josiah the king of backsliding Israel ? This is the context of Jeremiah all Israel !!!!!!!!!

These PASTORS mentioned in verse 15 are FOR Israel !!!!!!!!!!

What a BUMMER for you !!

dan p

beloved57

Hi and who is God talking about in Jer 3:2 that committed WHOREDOMS and with thy WICKEDNESS ?

In verse 6 God is speaking to the days of Josiah the king of backsliding Israel ? This is the context of Jeremiah all Israel !!!!!!!!!

These PASTORS mentioned in verse 15 are FOR Israel !!!!!!!!!!

What a BUMMER for you !!

dan p

Correct the Church, the Body of Christ, thats the Israel Eph 4:8-12

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Nanja

Correct the Church, the Body of Christ, thats the Israel Eph 4:8-12

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Amen Brother !

DAN P

Amen Brother !

Hi and hope you do not leave this forum , WHY so that others will see THAT THERE IS NO GREEK WORD for CHURCH !!!!!!!!!

EKKLESIA means ASSEMBLY as EK OUT and KLESIS means A CALLING , so get it straight !!

Israel is called NATION , John 11:48 and I trust you read English , RIGHT ??

dan p

Nanja

Hi and hope you do not leave this forum , WHY so that others will see THAT THERE IS NO GREEK WORD for CHURCH !!!!!!!!!

EKKLESIA means ASSEMBLY as EK OUT and KLESIS means A CALLING , so get it straight !!

Israel is called NATION , John 11:48 and I trust you read English , RIGHT ??

dan p

What ??

beloved57

No thanks. 1 Cor. 2:13.

His argument is mute . The church the body of Christ is Abraham's seed Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

Abraham is the father of church which consists of jew and Gentile believers Rom 4:11-16

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: qthough they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Now the Father of the Church is Abraham who was called out by God Heb 11:8

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Abraham the Father of the body of Christ the Church was called out. The word for called is kaleō the same word used for ekklēsia

We can say so to speak that the church was in the loins of Abraham spiritually speaking when he was called out to the inheritance.
And the seed of Abraham is Israel so the body of Christ the Church is Israel.

God promised Israel pastors and fulfilled it Eph 4

Nanja

His argument is mute . The church the body of Christ is Abraham's seed Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

Abraham is the father of church which consists of jew and Gentile believers Rom 4:11-16

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: qthough they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Abraham the Father of the body of Christ the Church was called out. The word for called is kaleō the same word used for ekklēsia

We can say so to speak that the church was in the loins of Abraham spiritually speaking when he was called out to the inheritance.

Amen and absolutely Brother !

Abraham became the Father of them that Believe Gal. 5:22, the Church, the Called Out ones, whether jew or gentile,

and which are comprised of Abraham's Spiritual Seed; the Chosen Seed of Christ Eph. 1:4; Gal. 3:16: Israel Spiritual that was promised Salvation Is. 45:17.

For Faith has nothing to do with ethnicity; and even for the most part, ethnic jews throughout biblical history were unbelievers, and are so even to this present day.

beloved57

Amen and absolutely Brother !

Abraham became the Father of them that Believe Gal. 5:22, the Church, the Called Out ones, whether jew or gentile,

and which are comprised of Abraham's Spiritual Seed; the Chosen Seed of Christ Eph. 1:4; Gal. 3:16: Israel Spiritual that was promised Salvation Is. 45:17.

For Faith has nothing to do with ethnicity; and even for the most part, ethnic jews throughout biblical history were unbelievers, and are so even to this present day.

Amen!

DougE

If I may say the church, the body of Christ is not Israel.
Below is my understanding of Galatians 3:
Galatians 3:8 Gentiles would be justified by faith....this is the promise of Galatians 3:14
Galatians 3:16 Christ is the seed
Galatians 3:29 We are Abraham's seed.....Christ is the seed....we are Christ's.....therefore we are not heirs with Abraham, but heirs of Christ.

beloved57

Galatians 3:8 Gentiles would be justified by faith....this is the promise of Galatians 3:14
Galatians 3:29 We are Abraham's seed.....Christ is the seed....we are Christ's.....therefore we are not heirs with Abraham, but heirs of Christ.

Yes it is Israel, the seed of Abraham.

beloved57

The Church is heir with Abraham that is also pointed out in Gal 4:30

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman

The Church the body of Christ are as Isaac's

Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Nanja

The Church is heir with Abraham that is also pointed out in Gal 4:30

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman

The Church the body of Christ are as Isaac's

Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Amen, exactly Brother !

beloved57

Amen, exactly Brother !

The Church as Isaac was are you the children of promise Rom 9:7-8

Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Nanja

The Church as Isaac was are you the children of promise Rom 9:7-8

Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Amen, the Children of Promise [Isaac] are the Seed of Abraham, the Seed of Christ, Spiritual Israel.

So the children of Abraham could either be according to the flesh [not the children of God], or according to Promise, the Children of God.