The Kingdom Of God Is In You

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Kingdom Of God

Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Phil 2:12-13
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
2 Cor 5:18
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
Eph 3:14-19
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--
19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Heb 5:4-10
4 And no man takes this honor to himself, but he who is called by God, just as Aaron was.
5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: "You are My Son, today I have begotten You."
6 As He also says in another place: "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek";
7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
10 called by God as High Priest "according to the order of Melchizedek,"
John 14:23-29
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.
29 "And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.
John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
Matt 6:5-15
5 "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
6 "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
7 "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 "Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.
9 "In this manner, therefore, pray: our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)
xxx The kingdom of God is within you. It is where the Holy Spirit will lead you. When you start walking after the Holy Spirit. Its the place where you make all the changes within. You enter it, and start resisting the devil and your emotions. Once you come out there is no going back in. Its a one time deal, and could last for years. But when you come out you cant get back in. What ever spirits you didnt get rid of you will have to live with the rest of your life.

Matt 18:3-4
3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
4 "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
(NKJ)
[Jhn 5:29
29 "and come forth--those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

eleos

Was speaking of the physical kingdom to come (the New Jerusalem) ... because you were referring to at His 2nd coming He would establish His Kingdom (physical) ... meaning it (physical kingdom) inferring it hadn't been established yet and would be at His 2nd coming. His physical kingdom is not established at His 2nd coming.

Spiritual kingdom ... versus physical kingdom.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This is self explanatory.

20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

eleos

Revelation 1

7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Revelation 1

7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail.

I said
That is true.

[Rev 7:1
1 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree.

Tigger 2

Luke 17:21:

"nor will people say, ‘Look! Here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For the kingdom of God is among you [because of My presence].” - AMP.

"Nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ Don’t you see? God’s kingdom is already among you.” - CEB.

"nor will people be able to say, ‘Look! Here it is!’ or, ‘Over there!’ Because, you see, the Kingdom of God is among you.” - CJB.

"no one will say, ‘See here!’ or ‘There!’ For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - CSB.

"nor shall they say, Lo here, or, Lo there; for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you." - Darby.

"nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.” - ESV.

"no one will say, ‘Look here!’ or ‘There!’ For you see, the kingdom of God is among you.” - HCSB.

"People won’t be saying, ‘Look! Here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ because now the kingdom of God is among you.” - ISV.

".... For, you must know, the kingdom of God is among you." - JB.

"nor will they say, ‘Behold, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - LEB.

Nor when someone says, ‘Look here!’ or, ‘There it is!’ And why? Because God’s kingdom is already among you.” - MSG.

"Nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.” - Mounce.

"The reign of God is already in your midst." - NAB.

"and no one will announce, ‘Look, here it is,’ or, ‘There it is.’ For behold, the kingdom of God is among you.” - NABRE.

"For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - NASB.

For indeed, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - NET.

"because the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - NIV.

".... For look, the kingdom of God is among you. - NJB.

"For the Kingdom of God is already among you.” - NLT.

"For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you.” - NRSV.

"for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.” - RSV.

"The kingdom of God is already here among you." - The Voice.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Luke 17:21:

"nor will people say, ‘Look! Here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For the kingdom of God is among you [because of My presence].” - AMP.

"Nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ Don’t you see? God’s kingdom is already among you.” - CEB.

"nor will people be able to say, ‘Look! Here it is!’ or, ‘Over there!’ Because, you see, the Kingdom of God is among you.” - CJB.

"no one will say, ‘See here!’ or ‘There!’ For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - CSB.

"nor shall they say, Lo here, or, Lo there; for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you." - Darby.

"nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.” - ESV.

"no one will say, ‘Look here!’ or ‘There!’ For you see, the kingdom of God is among you.” - HCSB.

"People won’t be saying, ‘Look! Here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ because now the kingdom of God is among you.” - ISV.

".... For, you must know, the kingdom of God is among you." - JB.

"nor will they say, ‘Behold, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - LEB.

Nor when someone says, ‘Look here!’ or, ‘There it is!’ And why? Because God’s kingdom is already among you.” - MSG.

"Nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.” - Mounce.

"The reign of God is already in your midst." - NAB.

"and no one will announce, ‘Look, here it is,’ or, ‘There it is.’ For behold, the kingdom of God is among you.” - NABRE.

"For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - NASB.

For indeed, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - NET.

"because the kingdom of God is in your midst.” - NIV.

".... For look, the kingdom of God is among you. - NJB.

"For the Kingdom of God is already among you.” - NLT.

"For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you.” - NRSV.

"for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.” - RSV.

"The kingdom of God is already here among you." - The Voice.

I said

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Phil 2:12-13
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Tigger 2

W. F. Beck (Lutheran) - "You see, God's kingdom is now among you."

W. B. Godbey - "neither will they say; Lo, here! or, there! for behold, the kingdom of God is among you."

LITV - "nor will they say, Lo, here! Or, Lo, there! For behold the kingdom of God is in your midst."

NEB - "... for in fact the kingdom of God is among you."

REB - "For the kingdom of God is among you!"

Rotherham - "Neither shall they say—Lo, here! or, There. For lo! the kingdom of God, is, among you."

NT Commentary-Henry Alford - "for behold the kingdom of God is (already) among you. The misunderstanding which rendered these words 'within you' meaning this in a spiritual sense, 'in your hearts,' should have been prevented by reflecting that they are addressed to the Pharisees, in whose hearts it certainly was not."

Albert Barnes' Notes on the Whole Bible - "This is capable of two interpretations.
1. The reign of God is “in the heart.” It does not come with pomp and splendor, like the reign of temporal kings, merely to control the external “actions” and strike the senses of people with awe, but it reigns in the heart by the law of God; it sets up its dominion over the passions, and brings every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

2. It may mean the new dispensation is “even now among you.” The Messiah has come. John has ushered in the kingdom of God, and you are not to expect the appearance of the Messiah with great pomp and splendor, for he is now among you. Most critics at present incline to this latter interpretation. The ancient versions chiefly follow the former.

E.W. Bullinger's Companion Bible Notes - 'within' = in the midst of, or, among: i.e. already there in the Person of the King (whose presence marks a kingdom). Greek entos, the same meaning as Greek. en (App-104.), with the plural rendered "among" 115 times in N.T. The same meaning as in Matthew 12:28. John 1:26.

'you' = you yourselves. His bitter enemies. Therefore not in their hearts; but the very opposite.

Coffman's Commentaries on the Bible - "W. E. Vine particularly stressed that, in Luke 17:21, 'The English Revised Version margin, "in the midst of," is to be preferred. The kingdom of God was not in the hearts of the Pharisees!'"

Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament - "For the kingdom of God was among them. To those who could discern it, the King was there in their midst."

And many more commentaries.

Vincent's Word Studies - "in the midst of. Meyer acutely remarks that "[the word] 'you' refers to the Pharisees, in whose hearts nothing certainly found a place less than did the ethical kingdom of God." [Jesus would certainly not have said that the kingdom was within the Pharisees.]

As for John 1:1c, you already know that I know there are two different translations possible (as there are for Luke 17:21 above). The great difference is that very few trinitarian translators and scholars are willing to admit it. The more likely translation is non-Trinitarian and, therefore poison fruit to most trinitarian translators. It would destroy their ability to publish and lecture. They would lose their highly regarded positions, incomes, and even many of their friends! John 1:1c is simply the very best 'evidence' trinitarians have for their traditional doctrine. And as long as they can promote only one translation and ignore all evidence for the more likely second translation, all is well in their tradition-bound world.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
W. F. Beck (Lutheran) - "You see, God's kingdom is now among you."

W. B. Godbey - "neither will they say; Lo, here! or, there! for behold, the kingdom of God is among you."

LITV - "nor will they say, Lo, here! Or, Lo, there! For behold the kingdom of God is in your midst."

NEB - "... for in fact the kingdom of God is among you."

REB - "For the kingdom of God is among you!"

Rotherham - "Neither shall they say—Lo, here! or, There. For lo! the kingdom of God, is, among you."

NT Commentary-Henry Alford - "for behold the kingdom of God is (already) among you. The misunderstanding which rendered these words 'within you' meaning this in a spiritual sense, 'in your hearts,' should have been prevented by reflecting that they are addressed to the Pharisees, in whose hearts it certainly was not."

Albert Barnes' Notes on the Whole Bible - "This is capable of two interpretations.
1. The reign of God is “in the heart.” It does not come with pomp and splendor, like the reign of temporal kings, merely to control the external “actions” and strike the senses of people with awe, but it reigns in the heart by the law of God; it sets up its dominion over the passions, and brings every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

2. It may mean the new dispensation is “even now among you.” The Messiah has come. John has ushered in the kingdom of God, and you are not to expect the appearance of the Messiah with great pomp and splendor, for he is now among you. Most critics at present incline to this latter interpretation. The ancient versions chiefly follow the former.

E.W. Bullinger's Companion Bible Notes - 'within' = in the midst of, or, among: i.e. already there in the Person of the King (whose presence marks a kingdom). Greek entos, the same meaning as Greek. en (App-104.), with the plural rendered "among" 115 times in N.T. The same meaning as in Matthew 12:28. John 1:26.

'you' = you yourselves. His bitter enemies. Therefore not in their hearts; but the very opposite.

Coffman's Commentaries on the Bible - "W. E. Vine particularly stressed that, in Luke 17:21, 'The English Revised Version margin, "in the midst of," is to be preferred. The kingdom of God was not in the hearts of the Pharisees!'"

Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament - "For the kingdom of God was among them. To those who could discern it, the King was there in their midst."

And many more commentaries.

Vincent's Word Studies - "in the midst of. Meyer acutely remarks that "[the word] 'you' refers to the Pharisees, in whose hearts nothing certainly found a place less than did the ethical kingdom of God." [Jesus would certainly not have said that the kingdom was within the Pharisees.]

As for John 1:1c, you already know that I know there are two different translations possible (as there are for Luke 17:21 above). The great difference is that very few trinitarian translators and scholars are willing to admit it. The more likely translation is non-Trinitarian and, therefore poison fruit to most trinitarian translators. It would destroy their ability to publish and lecture. They would lose their highly regarded positions, incomes, and even many of their friends! John 1:1c is simply the very best 'evidence' trinitarians have for their traditional doctrine. And as long as they can promote only one translation and ignore all evidence for the more likely second translation, all is well in their tradition-bound world.

I said
Do you see the oxymorons in them commentaries?

beameup

The Kingdom Of God

xxx The kingdom of God is within you.

nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst - Luke 17:21 properly translated in the NASB

Jesus, speaking to the Pharisees, tells them that the Kingdom of God was literally "in their midst", as Jesus standing there and was available to usher in the Kingdom of God on earth (ie: Millennial Kingdom).

Link: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?119002-quot-The-Kingdom-of-God-is-WITHIN-you-quot-quot-The-Kingdom-of-God-is-INSIDE-you-Luke-17-21

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst - Luke 17:21 properly translated in the NASB

Jesus, speaking to the Pharisees, tells them that the Kingdom of God was literally "in their midst", as Jesus standing there and was available to usher in the Kingdom of God on earth (ie: Millennial Kingdom).

Link: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?119002-quot-The-Kingdom-of-God-is-WITHIN-you-quot-quot-The-Kingdom-of-God-is-INSIDE-you-Luke-17-21

I said
you said in your midst. And it is until the Holy Spirit reveals it in you. Then that is where one makes all the changes that need to be made.

beameup

I said
you said in your midst. And it is until the Holy Spirit reveals it in you. Then that is where one makes all the changes that need to be made.

Sorry, but the context is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees.
I suppose if you consider yourself a Pharisee, then it would apply to you.
The bottom line is that the "Jewish religious leadership" passed up a Glorious Kingdom.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, but the context is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees.
I suppose if you consider yourself a Pharisee, then it would apply to you.
The bottom line is that the "Jewish religious leadership" passed up a Glorious Kingdom.

I said
And Jesus was giving them hope. They just relied on their own understanding rather than the Word.

[Act 17:26-27
26 "And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
27 "so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

beameup

I said
And Jesus was giving Pharisees hope. They just relied on their own understanding rather than the Word.

OK, let us switch to where Jesus is addressing his disciples:
To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.
Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Which,” He said, “you heard of from Me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized in/with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel? ”He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
- Acts 1:3--8

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
OK, let us switch to where Jesus is addressing his disciples:
To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.
Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Which,” He said, “you heard of from Me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized in/with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel? ”He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
- Acts 1:3--8

I said
You speak as one who has not entered the kingdom of God yet. I'm speaking as one who has entered the kingdom of God and came out of it. I was led into the kingdom of God by the Holy Spirit. I was in the kingdom of God for around 35 years. I just came out 4 years ago.

[Luk 17:20-23
22 Then He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see [it].
23 "And they will say to you, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!' Do not go after [them] or follow [them].