ECT The importance of the Holy Bible in your life

The Berean

I wanted to asked fellow Bible believing Christians about the importance of the the Holy Bible in your life? Some questions to ponder.

-How often do you read the Bible?
-How do you read the Bible?
Which version of the Bible do you read?
-Can you give an example of how the Scriptures have blessed you?
-Can you give an example how the Scriptures have helped you in your daily life?

These are simply questions to get a discussion going. Please feel free to discuss any aspect of the Holy Bible that has enriched your Christian life. :thumb:

john w

Hall of Fame
I wanted to asked fellow Bible believing Christians about the importance of the the Holy Bible in your life? Some questions to ponder.

These are simply questions to get a discussion going. Please feel free to discuss any aspect of the Holy Bible that has enriched your Christian life. :thumb:

"Please feel free to discuss any aspect of the Holy Bible that has enriched your Christian life."-The Ber

When it taught me to not ask, "Which version of the Bible do you read?, but, instead, " Which version of the Bible do you believe?"

When it taught me to spend more time paying attention to it(reading, surveying, meditating on it, believing it), than to my landline/cell phone.

The Berean

"Please feel free to discuss any aspect of the Holy Bible that has enriched your Christian life."-The Ber

When it taught me to not ask, "Which version of the Bible do you read?, but, instead, " Which version of the Bible do you believe?"

When it taught me to spend more time paying attention to it(reading, surveying, meditating on it, believing it), than to my my landline/cell phone.

I hear ya, john. It's so easy to get distracted and sidetracked by other stuff. I've noticed that the more I spend time in the Bible the less I am drawn to that other stuff.

john w

Hall of Fame
I hear ya, john. It's so easy to get distracted and sidetracked by other stuff. I've noticed that the more I spend time in the Bible the less I am drawn to that other stuff.

Exactamundo.

Prayer is what we say to the LORD God, communicating to Him.
The bible is what He says to us, His communicating to us.

What is more important? What we say to Him, or what He says to us? The latter.

And, what is more important: communicating to our friends, on our cell phone, or, communicating to the LORD God, in prayer? The latter.

What "freaks" us out more? Leaving in the morning, w/o reading the book before going to work, or forgetting our cell phones, before going to work?

Priorities....

glorydaz

Exactamundo.

And, what is more important: communicating to our friends, on our cell phone, or, communicating to the LORD God, in prayer? The latter.

What "freaks" us out more? Leaving in the morning, w/o reading the book before going to work, or forgetting our cell phones, before going to work?

Priorities....

They say that's why He gave us two ears and only one mouth. ;)

The Berean

Exactamundo.

Priorities....
:up:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read daily, something. Often through TOL and to respond to posts. The importance? It is the standard by which judgment is made by claims people make.

Levolor

Alrighty.

The importance: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

All of Psalm 119 is beneficial. LOL, all the bible is beneficial. If any of it portrays God as less than loving, since He is Love, then that part of the bible is not yet understood as it ought to be.

Daily, at least once and many times more often.

Preferably the book itself. I do read electronically from time to time too.

Preferably the King James Version, but have read several other versions throughout my life and currently read different versions from time to time too.

This is your most difficult question. There are so many ways from the initial knowing of Jesus' name, what He did for us to being taught what godliness is to the continuance of being guided.

It is good to know the inspiration (God's words) of those who have walked the spiritual path before us.

Another difficult question! :) As there are so many, but I think I will have to settle upon 1 Thessalonians 5:16, 17, 18 especially 18:

16 Rejoice evermore.

17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

These scriptures encourage me to join in with the will of God.

There are days it is more difficult, granted that is true for most of us, but we... Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm 100:4

Hallelujah! As soon as we start giving thanks we enter into His gates, and with praise we enter into His courts... in His presence! Oh yes! Let us praise God, in all things... in all circumstances!

God doesn't tell us to do things within His word to be a task master. No. God is very interested in us and our well-being. If, if, if... if only we would co-operate.

The praising of God can be difficult to begin, just as it is with the thankfulness and gratitude for the same reasons: we don't feel like it, we don't see why we should, but praise God anyway.

It is at these times that I find it is the most important to do so. And when we do, even if it is done almost catatonically at first, our God given Spirit will begin to rise: slowly at first but then higher and higher... because as shown above in Psalm 100:4 we enter into His presence when we do and there is nothing more glorious than this!

Glory, glory, Hallelujah! Bless His Holy Name, Jesus.

I think that one of the most beneficial aspects is that it has been proven to me that it is true.

Believe and receive.

Truster

Without the quickening effect of the Holy Spirit there is no life. Man by nature is dead.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"How often do you read the Bible?"
Daily
"Which version of the Bible do you read?"
KJV and others

"Can you give an example how the Scriptures have helped you in your daily life?"
Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Ge 15:1, 1 Co 15:28

The-Ball-and-Indie-indiana-jones-1379826-485-330.jpg

How to Handle Stress (right click, open) by Adrian Rogers

How to Get Right and Stay Right with God (right click, open) Adrian Rogers

Last edited:

Truster

I study the Scriptures and they read me.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.