Theology Club: The Grace History Project

Danoh

Not sure if this has ever been posted on here before - its an in depth study of the history of the Church from a Mid-Acts Perspective from way back when, to the present day.

At points along the way, he'll point out where Mystery Truth was. Its pdf notes alone are one gem after another of important key points.

Over one hundred fifty lessons or so, and continuing.

Enjoy.

http://gracehistoryproject.blogspot...00&max-results=20&start=140&by-date=false&m=1

Jerry Shugart

Not sure if this has ever been posted on here before - its an in depth study of the history of the Church from a Mid-Acts Perspective from way back when, to the present day.

At points along the way, he'll point out where Mystery Truth was. Its pdf notes alone are one gem after another of important key points.

Over one hundred fifty lessons or so, and continuing.

Enjoy.

http://gracehistoryproject.blogspot...00&max-results=20&start=140&by-date=false&m=1

Here is a link where pastor Ross addresses 1 Corinthians 1:2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZcN-9X_qM

Let us look at the verse:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours" (1 Cor.1:2).​

At about twelve minutes into the tape Pastor Ross says that in a secondary sense the epistle is addressed to "all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord."

We know that must include all of the saved, including both Jews and Gentiles in EVERY PLACE.

Despite this, Pastor Ross says that this means that the epistle was written to all the members of the Body of Christ. Of course, according to his teaching, the Twelve were not in the Body of Christ so his listeners would understand that the Twelve were not included.

Paul actually addressed his epistle to "all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord."

That includes every believer in every place who calls on the name of the Lord. And this is what Paul tells them all:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

It is unfortunate that Pastor Ross did not actually address these exact words of Paul here:

"with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord."

With these words in view, I wonder how Pastor Ross would answer this question posed by Cornelius Stam:

"There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?" (Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).​

Like those in the Neo-MAD camp he cannot deal with the Scriptures AS THEY ARE WRITTEN!

He even went so far as saying that Sir Robert Anderson was not a Mid-Acts teacher but instead his teaching laid the foundation for Bullinger's Acts 28 teaching.

I doubt if Pastor Ross has ever read Sir Robert Anderson's books. If he had read The Silence of God he would have read Sir Robert speak about this dispensation beginning at the Mid-Acts period.

Don't get me wrong. Pastor Ross teaches a lot of truth about the grace of God and he could be a great teacher if he would just shuck the false teaching within the Neo-MAD camp.

He needs to read Anderson and O'Hair.

musterion

I just read something by Welch the other day that dealt (from that perspective) with this very issue, framed in terms of the various "hopes" Paul deals with in his epistles. Interesting perspective, I'll say that much.

Danoh

Here is a link where pastor Ross addresses 1 Corinthians 1:2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZcN-9X_qM

Let us look at the verse:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours" (1 Cor.1:2).​

At about twelve minutes into the tape Pastor Ross says that in a secondary sense the epistle is addressed to "all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord."

We know that must include all of the saved, including both Jews and Gentiles in EVERY PLACE.

Despite this, Pastor Ross says that this means that the epistle was written to all the members of the Body of Christ. Of course, according to his teaching, the Twelve were not in the Body of Christ so his listeners would understand that the Twelve were not included.

Paul actually addressed his epistle to "all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord."

That includes every believer in every place who calls on the name of the Lord. And this is what Paul tells them all:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

It is unfortunate that Pastor Ross did not actually address these exact words of Paul here:

"with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord."

With these words in view, I wonder how Pastor Ross would answer this question posed by Cornelius Stam:

"There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?" (Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).​

Like those in the Neo-MAD camp he cannot deal with the Scriptures AS THEY ARE WRITTEN!

He even went so far as saying that Sir Robert Anderson was not a Mid-Acts teacher but instead his teaching laid the foundation for Bullinger's Acts 28 teaching.

I doubt if Pastor Ross has ever read Sir Robert Anderson's books. If he had read The Silence of God he would have read Sir Robert speak about this dispensation beginning at the Mid-Acts period.

Don't get me wrong. Pastor Ross teaches a lot of truth about the grace of God and he could be a great teacher if he would just shuck the false teaching within the Neo-MAD camp.

He needs to read Anderson and O'Hair.

Lol, you just follow threads around like some girl in search of her baby's daddy.

Lol

Danoh

That's nothing new. You stay in a state of confusion while running and hiding from verses which prove that your silly ideas are in error.

Yeah, okay. Never mind that you took the OP's intent into one more means of your over a decade old of hounding others in search of your recognition.

Yours is Daffy Duck Syndrome - "I'm right! I'm right! Where's my award! Where's my award! ... that's better... finally, recognition of my wonderfulness!"

...followed by the sound and hilarious image of Daffy's long pestered after award blowing up in his face - BOOM!

Next episode, same scenario... and the next, and the next, and the next...

Jerry Shugart

Yeah, okay. Never mind that you took the OP's intent into one more means of your over a decade old of hounding others in search of your recognition.

Yours is Daffy Duck Syndrome - "I'm right! I'm right! Where's my award! Where's my award! ... that's better... finally, recognition of my wonderfulness!"

...followed by the sound and hilarious image of Daffy's long pestered after award blowing up in his face - BOOM!

Next episode, same scenario... and the next, and the next, and the next...

I was merely warning others who are reading this thread about Pastor Ross. Just like I warn them about you and your false teaching you got from the Neo-MAD camp.

And I do that by using the Scriptures and not by name calling.

Danoh

I was merely warning others who are reading this thread about Pastor Ross. Just like I warn them about you and your false teaching you got from the Neo-MAD camp.

And I do that by using the Scriptures and not by name calling.

Right. Calling others stupid, and ignorant, and so on is not name calling. You just haven't gotten around to calling me such names.

Feel free to. They don't phase me a bit; I'm not the issue [and no, I don't mean by that that you are - you mean you are, lol]

And asserting your notions of a verse is exactly that - "using the Scriptures" - to prop up your notions together with your incessant need to hound every thread with your salvation of others, from your Neo-Mid-Acts notion - what a crock.

Jerry Shugart

Right. Calling others stupid, and ignorant, and so on is not name calling. You just haven't gotten around to calling me such names.

I never called anyone "stupid" or "ignorant."

Instead, I spoke of the "false teaching" within the Neo-MAD camp.

That is not name calling.

And I have already proved by the Scriptures that their teaching is in fact wrong. And all you do is run and hide from those passages from the Bible.

glorydaz

I never called anyone "stupid" or "ignorant."

Instead, I spoke of the "false teaching" within the Neo-MAD camp.

That is not name calling.

And I have already proved by the Scriptures that their teaching is in fact wrong. And all you do is run and hide from those passages from the Bible.

Jerry Shugart said:
What's wrong, big boy? Evidently you have no power to do such a thing because the only thing you know comes from the Catholic websites. You are so impotent that you are unable to follow Paul when he said that he "kept back nothing that was profitable unto you" and "I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God" (Acts 20:20, 27).

You have never learned to think for yourself because you let Rome do all of your thinking for you.

:popcorn:

Jerry Shugart

Name calling? Big boy?

I have a long way to go before I reach your level of name calling, as witnessed what you said here to me:

Excuse me, blowhard Jerry, but I'm sick of your brow beating. You do this every single time I try to post. You're a bully...plain and simple.

You name call in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer to the verses which I quoted to prove you are wrong. You are fooling no one.

glorydaz

Name calling? Big boy?

I have a long way to go before I reach your level of name calling, as witnessed what you said here to me:

You name call in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer to the verses which I quoted to prove you are wrong. You are fooling no one.

Yeah, the difference is you don't know how big that "boy" really is, and I know quite well that you are a blow hard. :chuckle:

But, I certainly understand why you look to comparisons.

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.​

Jerry Shugart

Yeah, the difference is you don't know how big that "boy" really is, and I know quite well that you are a blow hard.

I know how big the boy thinks he is.

There is entirely too much rancor now on this "Mid Acts Dispensationalism" section of this forum. Therefore, I am out of here!

But don't be surprised if I show up again, especially to correct the silly ideas put forth by the Neo-MADists.

But for now, adios.

Danoh

Yeah, the difference is you don't know how big that "boy" really is, and I know quite well that you are a blow hard. :chuckle:

But, I certainly understand why you look to comparisons.

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.​

And a fitting description of, and adieu to him, a passage Luke 18:11 is...

Jerry Shugart

Yeah, the difference is you don't know how big that "boy" really is, and I know quite well that you are a blow hard.

Prove that you are not a blow hard and really understand what the Scriptures say. Give me your interpretation of the meaning of the following words:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Danoh

Prove that you are not a blow hard and really understand what the Scriptures say. Give me your interpretation of the meaning of the following words:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Check the date on her post, ol neurotic one - that was over a month ago. Then again, that matters not - you have been proven you will pursue any assertion for decades...

Lol, you should have been a bounty hunter.

Hey, there you go - go seek out who Jack the Ripper was? Or do you still assert that Sir Robert Anderson solved that one?

While you are at it, change your avatar; your tactics very negatively distract from the great man's important contribution, despite his Acts 28 tendency.