the foolishness of preaching

heir

TOL Subscriber
Knowing that you are not guaranteed your next breath, minute or hour here on earth, there is an urgency to preach the good news!

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

God is not mad at anyone today! He fixed it so that He can be nice to us!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The good news of our salvation is simple!

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved; believing that Christ died for YOUR sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

When you trust the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) you will be baptized into the one body by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13-14) unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30 KJV).

God, through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, did all the work necessary to save you. Receive the free gift. Receive it by faith; believing Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). No matter who you are, where you've been or what you did while you were there, God will save you when you trust Him for salvation believing what Christ did for you (Galatians 3:22 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
As many look forward to the "new year", I pray they will look back to the cross and trust the Lord believing that Christ died for their sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). It's only then that old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.