The flesh profits nothing !

beloved57

Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This is being declared in reference to Salvation, when it comes to that, being saved, or made alive to God, the flesh or man by nature, profits nothing.

The word profiteth here means:

to assist, to be useful or advantageous, to profit, to prevail

Yet how many today believe they assist God in becoming saved ? Its nothing but a deception. Paul writes concerning man by nature in the flesh, when it comes to salvaic matters Rom 3:11-12

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

This word unprofitable means:

, I am good for nothing, render useless; met: I become corrupt.

And that which is flesh is flesh Jesus says as denoting mans first natural birth Jn 3:6

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And as long as we are in the flesh, by first birth, theres absolutely nothing we can do to please God in a salvaic, spiritual matter Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Thats anyone without the Spirit of God dwelling in them by New Birth.

But herein lies the sin that deceives all men by nature, we naturally contend and isist that we play a role or part in Salvation, this is the curse, in that an unregenerate man will always think this way, Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The curse is that thinking that a man must do to live ! Rom 10:5

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Its a law keeping mentality in order to secure the favor and blessing of God. Remember the young rich ruler ? Matt 19: 16-25, and in the final say, the final indictment against conditional salvation and gaining eternal life by doing, was this :

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Salvation by means of the flesh, in any regard, is impossible, no profit at all ! Its all of God !

Nanja

Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This is being declared in reference to Salvation, when it comes to that, being saved, or made alive to God, the flesh or man by nature, profits nothing.

The word profiteth here means:

to assist, to be useful or advantageous, to profit, to prevail

Yet how many today believe they assist God in becoming saved ? Its nothing but a deception. Paul writes concerning man by nature in the flesh, when it comes to salvaic matters Rom 3:11-12

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

This word unprofitable means:

, I am good for nothing, render useless; met: I become corrupt.

And that which is flesh is flesh Jesus says as denoting mans first natural birth Jn 3:6

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And as long as we are in the flesh, by first birth, theres absolutely nothing we can do to please God in a salvaic, spiritual matter Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Thats anyone without the Spirit of God dwelling in them by New Birth.

But herein lies the sin that deceives all men by nature, we naturally contend and isist that we play a role or part in Salvation, this is the curse, in that an unregenerate man will always think this way, Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The curse is that thinking that a man must do to live ! Rom 10:5

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Its a law keeping mentality in order to secure the favor and blessing of God. Remember the young rich ruler ? Matt 19: 16-25, and in the final say, the final indictment against conditional salvation and gaining eternal life by doing, was this :

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Salvation by means of the flesh, in any regard, is impossible, no profit at all ! Its all of God !

Amen exactly Brother ! Before any person can please God Rom. 8:8, they must first and foremost be quickened / given Spiritual Life by the Spirit in New Birth John 3:3, which proves that they are one of Christ's Sheep He gave His Life for John 6:33 !

John 10:10-11

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

beloved57

Amen exactly Brother ! Before any person can please God Rom. 8:8, they must first and foremost be quickened / given Spiritual Life by the Spirit in New Birth John 3:3, which proves that they are one of Christ's Sheep He gave His Life for John 6:33 !

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Amen Sister ! God Bless you !

marke

The Bible teaches that God desires that all men be saved, not that He desires most men be lost.

1 Timothy 2:3-4

King James Version

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.​

borntosurf

We know that the Spirit of God the creator and father has no flesh neither is it possible for his holy spirit to have sinful nature.

Angels or evil spirits are able to have a spiritual sinful nature, but when we get to Jesus, does not the scriptures teach that Jesus did have the fleshly nature of sinful man and that Jesus was capable of committing sin but was without sin and was perfect in all his ways ?

we see that Jesus Christ was not only born of the Spirit of God but he was also born of the flesh of man - of the seed of man. Both Adam and Eve were born without the sex act, born without a human father nor a mother - were Adam and Eve created without a sinful nature ?

Heb 4:15 … For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

I just hope to have an understand that the Sprit of God cannot be tempted in all points nor enticed or “ attracted “ to tempting situations - but this was the nature of the flesh of Jesus - he was made of the seed of David according to the flesh.. Jesus was created in the flesh to be tempted in all points, to be enticed and “ attracted “ to tempting situations involving sinful nature. The scriptures teach that the law was weak through the flesh and that God sent his own son - in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, -

and Jesus condemned sin in the flesh: while - created, existing in the likeness of Mary … … reproduction of sinful flesh

Rom 5:14 … .. death reigned … … … … … even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

2co 5: 21 for he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

if Jesus was sent to the world to be fashioned, created and made in the image and similarity and likeness of sinful flesh being born of the seed of sinful man - ,, for sake of our sin he was made - he died unto sin
God sent his own son - in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin,

We see that scriptures say that Jesus was made / created inside Mary as the seed DNA and genetic hereditary of her ancestors going back to king David

Heb 9:13 for if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: :14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God

Jesus did not offer himself through the bodily nature unto God - but, through the eternal spirit he offered himself

Act 2:30 God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Jesus explains, I must submit and give up my own desires my own nature and my fleshly temptations I must deny. i cannot do anything, whatsoever - of my own, - saying that it is the father only, that does the miracles and the works.

saying - why do you call me " good " ? - - " there is no one good but God alone "

Joh 5:30 i can of mine own self do nothing: as i hear, i judge: and my judgment is just; because i seek not mine own will, but the will of the father which hath sent me.

i am not relying upon the power of my own qualities passed down from my mother -

not relying upon the status
of being born or created - without an earthly father

i have no power but to deny my own personal will and submit to the will of the spirt of God

does the Bible teach that Jesus could never be justified in the flesh alone: - but only through the eternal spirit - he was offered as a “ perfect “ holy sacrifice without spot to God, only through the eternal and not by his flesh and blood and his own will which was made in the likeness of sinful flesh

Joh 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth; - the flesh profiteth nothing: - the words that i speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Was this the “ word of God “ from the beginning that was with God and was God whom that Jesus existed as, before he was born of God’s spirit - as the only born son of God ?