Theology Club: The differences between Apostleship of Peter and Paul ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and there is a big difference between HOW PETER and SAUL/PAUL were chosen and many do not see any difference , and I remember my Pastor of years ago say , PAUL is not my God !!

There are many that do believe , we speak PAUL , PAUL , PAUL and I plead guilty , for Paul is the Apostle of Grace who we are to follow , 1 Cor 11:1 !!

All apointments to be an Apostle in Jesus time had to BE in Acts 1:21 ;

#1 , Had to companied with us all the time that the Lord went IN and OUT among us .

#2 , VERSE 22 , be there at the Beginning of John's Baptism , until the day He was taken up from us !!

#3 , Must be Ordained to be a WITNESS of His Resurrection !!

#4 , We see that Peter was a Law keeper and the Law of Moses was a Program , until Acts 28:28 !!

This why SAUL /PAUL could never be on of the 12 apostles and many believe that the 11 apostles were out of the will of God , by picking Matthias and one of my Pastors believed this !!

SAUL/PAUL was different , as Paul was chosen or called by Grace from his mothers womb !! Gal 1:15 , CALLED BY GRACE !!

Since Paul was called by Grace , where is there a verse that says Paul went back and taught the Law ??

Gal 2:18 is proof that Paul could not rebuild what he TORN DOWN !!

Paul is the ONLY one who is called the Apostles to the Gentiles and Peter never could say that !!

dan p

Last edited:

surrender

There are many that do believe , we speak PAUL , PAUL , PAUL and I plead guilty , for Paul is the Apostle of Grace who we are to follow , 1 Cor 11:1 !!
We are to imitate Paul BECAUSE he imitates Christ “Be imitators of me JUST as I ALSO imitate Christ.” To imitate Paul means to imitate Christ. We should imitate Christ as we are being transformed into the image of Christ (2 Cor. 3:18; Phil 3:21).

Since Paul was called by Grace , where is there a verse that says Paul went back and taught the Law ??
Where is there a verse that says Paul spoke against the Law? "...the Law is holy" (Rom. 7:12). Paul was NEVER against the Law; he was against the idea that the Law could make one righteous. The Mosaic Law could never make one righteous and it never will. The Mosaic Law didn’t make Peter righteous and it didn’t make Paul righteous.

Gal 2:18 is proof that Paul could not rebuild what he TORN DOWN !!
In context, what he “tore down” was not the Law; it was the idea that one will only be accepted by God if one is circumcised and follows the customs of Moses (iow, Paul tore down the idea that one is accepted by God only by following the Mosaic Law). Another way to put it is that Paul destroyed the notion that righteousness can be found in the Law. “For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise” (Gal. 3:18). “…if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law” (Gal. 3:21). “…Scripture has shut up EVERYONE under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe” (Gal 2:22).”

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where is there a verse that says Paul spoke against the Law? "...the Law is holy" (Rom. 7:12).

He spoke against keeping the law.

The Lord Jesus Christ said;

...But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.

Yet Paul said;

And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

You can continue on and on and on with this theme of what Jesus and his 12 apostles taught, compared with what Jesus had Paul teach.

James, the Lord's brother said this;

James 2

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? ...17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead....21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

Romans 4

3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

The Lord Jesus Christ, James his brother, and Paul could not be clearer.

DAN P

We are to imitate Paul BECAUSE he imitates Christ “Be imitators of me JUST as I ALSO imitate Christ.” To imitate Paul means to imitate Christ. We should imitate Christ as we are being transformed into the image of Christ (2 Cor. 3:18; Phil 3:21).

Where is there a verse that says Paul spoke against the Law? "...the Law is holy" (Rom. 7:12). Paul was NEVER against the Law; he was ”

Hi , and it is in Acts 21:21 whether you believe OR not !!

Paul was telling the Jews to FORSAKE MOSES !!

DAN P

surrender

He spoke against keeping the law.
Why would Paul speak against keeping the law? Do you believe Paul did not want people to keep the commandment, “Do not murder”? Of course, Paul wanted people to keep the commandment, “Do not murder.” He certainly didn’t want people going around murdering each other. What Paul didn’t want was people keeping the commandment as a way of obtaining righteousness, for doing so results in death. Once you seek to establish righteousness through the Law, you put yourself under the jurisdiction of the Law. But because of sin, the Law will ultimately find you guilty and will result in death for you.

People continue to live that way today. They believe that if they are “good enough” then they will gain entrance into a blissful afterlife. They find life, not in God alone, but in their own efforts. What they don’t realize is that they will inevitably be found guilty by the very law in which they are trying to gain life.

he Lord Jesus Christ said;

...But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.

Yet Paul said;

And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
Good point. Why would Jesus tell the rich man to keep something that could bring death to him? So, let’s look at a couple commandments. If you keep the commandment to not murder, does keeping that commandment kill you? Of course not. If you keep the commandment to not commit adultery, does keeping that commandment kill you? Of course not. So, why does Paul say that the commandment brought death to him? Paul tells us why: “for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me” (Rom. 7:11). We see here that it was not the Law or commandment that killed Paul; it was sin. Had it not been for sin, the Law would not have been able to find him guilty. So, Paul isn’t saying, “Don’t keep the Law,” Paul is saying, “Don’t keep the Law as a way of obtaining righteousness (i.e. life, cf. Rom. 7:10, 10:3), for doing so will only result in death because of your sin. Stop putting your hope in the Law, stop putting yourself under its jurisdiction, because you will be found guilty. So, keep the Law but don’t rely on your ability to keep the Law to justify you. Again, if you rely on the Law to justify you, you put yourself under its jurisdiction and you will be found guilty. So, if life is not found in the Law, where is life found?

Going back to the rich man. When Jesus said, “If you wish to enter into life keep the commandments,” he could not have meant that one obtains life through the law or in keeping the commandments. We know this because it is made very clear how one obtains life:
John 3:15 whoever believes in him have eternal life
John 3:36 he who believes in the son has eternal life
John 5:24 he who…believe Him who sent me has eternal life
John 5:40 come to me so that you may have life
John 6:40 everyone who beholds the son and believes in him will have eternal life
John 11:25 he who believes in me will live even if he dies
John 17:3 This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom You have sent
John 20:31 by believing you may have life in his name

By the way, Paul, too, tells us that those who do not keep the commandments will not see life:
Idolaters (1 Cor. 6:9; Eph. 5:5) “You shall have no other gods before me” “You shall not make for yourself any carved image”
Adulterers (1 Cor. 6:9) “You shall not commit adultery”
Thieves (1 Cor. 6:9) “You shall not steal”
Covetous (Eph. 5:5) “You shall not covet…”

edit to add: Another commandment Paul confirmed:
Honor parents (Eph. 6:1-3) "Honor your father and your mother..."

Although Paul says those who do not obey the commandments will not see life, he also tells us that it is not through Law keeping that one obtains the promise of life. For the promise to Abraham and his descendants was not through the Law but through righteousness of faith, in order that it be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants (Rom. 4:13, 16).

So, Jesus and Paul are in agreement that those who obey the commandments enter life and those who do not obey the commandments do not enter life. And both are in agreement that it is not through Law keeping that one obtains the promise of life. Jesus says life is found in knowing him and his God and Paul says that the promise of life is through faith in accordance with grace.

So, if life is not obtained by law keeping, why did Jesus say tell the rich man to keep the commandments if he wants to enter life? I believe Jesus met the man where he was at so that Jesus could work with him from the inside out rather than from the outside in. The rich man asked Jesus what he could do to obtain eternal life. The man was already of the mindset that he could establish his own righteousness through the Law (i.e. obeying the Law would make him clean). Instead of telling the man how backwards he had it (i.e. being clean stimulates obedience to the Law), Jesus chose to go along with this man’s perception so that on his own he could recognize his misplaced trust in his efforts in relation to the Law. Convictions are more effective when they come from within rather than from without.

Jesus tells him, okay, you seek to establish your own righteousness, then keep the commandments. After all, those who do not obey the commandments will not inherit life (1 Cor. 6:9). The rich man says, oh, but I do obey all the commandments. But with further dialogue it is revealed that the Law he thought justified him has found him guilty (i.e. he is greedy). It was a setup so that the man could, on his own, come to the realization that he cannot establish his own righteousness. He walked away without hope. As the Spirit worked on him, perhaps he later came to a place of humility and contriteness of heart, turning to God for life rather than the Law.

Last edited:

surrender

Hi , and it is in Acts 21:21 whether you believe OR not !!

Paul was telling the Jews to FORSAKE MOSES !!

DAN P
If Paul was telling the Jews to forsake Moses, he would have told the Jews to forsake Moses. Instead, he showed he respected the Mosaic Law through his participation in it (Acts 21:23-24, 26). How sad you continue to make the same mistake Paul so eagerly tried to correct.

surrender

James, the Lord's brother said this;

James 2

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? ...17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead....21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

Romans 4

3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

The Lord Jesus Christ, James his brother, and Paul could not be clearer.
Paul has Abraham justified in Genesis 15. James has Abraham justified in Genesis 22. So, when was Abraham justified?

Obviously, there must be two meanings of the word “justify.” Paul tells us what he means by “justify” when he writes, “Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness” and “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered.” Clearly, Paul is speaking about justification in the ultimate theological sense (i.e. to restore one to a state of reconciliation with God). Paul’s focus is on the unconverted and how one comes to be reconciled to God. It is faith and faith alone that restores one to a state of reconciliation with God.

James, on the other hand, is focusing on professing Christians (i.e. those who were already reconciled to God by faith alone). The overriding theme of James 1:2-2:26 is the testing of our faith to determine if it’s genuine or not. People can say they have faith when, in fact, they don’t have faith. The claim to faith is vindicated (or justified) in our sight by the fruit of faith (i.e. works). Abraham’s claim to faith is justified in our sight by his works.

You are saved by faith apart from works (i.e. faith alone justifies/saves you) but you know that faith is authentic only if it has works (i.e. works justify/vindicate your claim to faith).

“…Gentiles…repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with repentance” (Acts 26:20).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul has Abraham justified in Genesis 15. James has Abraham justified in Genesis 22. So, when was Abraham justified?

You tell me why you think that is. James refers to Abraham after circumcision. Paul before. Two sets of rules, two different apostles for the two sets of rules.

This is a rhetorical question, with an obvious answer of "YES!".

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

Paul taught the opposite. No matter how hard you cry about it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are saved by faith apart from works (i.e. faith alone justifies/saves you.

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

Of course I now have concrete proof you are outside the faith, and trying to pull people away from it. Which is why you are arguing the fact that Paul preached a different gospel.

Works is not evidence of salvation. In fact, you are carnally minded. You see the flesh, and that is what you judge. That is circumcision.

surrender

You tell me why you think that is. James refers to Abraham after circumcision. Paul before. Two sets of rules, two different apostles for the two sets of rules.
So, you actually believe Abraham needed justifying twice? Wow, you really are confused.

This is a rhetorical question, with an obvious answer of "YES!".

Yes, Abraham was justified by works, but obviously Abraham wasn’t justified in the same sense Paul was talking about in Romans 4 (i.e. how Abraham came to be reconciled with God). Most people would see how ridiculous it would be to conclude that Abraham needed justifying twice.

Paul taught the opposite.
No, he didn’t (see post #9).

surrender

Right, Abraham was justified by works, but obviously Abraham wasn’t justified in the same sense Paul was talking about in Romans 4 (i.e. how Abraham came to be reconciled with God). Most people would see how ridiculous it would be to conclude that Abraham needed justifying twice.

Of course I now have concrete proof you are outside the faith, and trying to pull people away from it. Which is why you are arguing the fact that Paul preached a different gospel.
Paul didn’t preach a different gospel. That’s what I’ve been saying all along. He and James preached the same gospel. Paul taught that one is saved by faith (Romans 3:28, 30; 4:16; 5:1; 9:30; Gal. 2:16; 3:8, 22) and the original twelve disciples taught that one is saved by faith (John 3:15, 36; 5:24, 40; 6:40; 11:25; 17:3; 20:31; Acts 15:9; 26:18).

Works is not evidence of salvation.
Yes, it is. “…Gentiles…repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with repentance” (Acts 26:20).

Why were Gentiles asked to perform deeds in keeping with repentance? It wasn’t because performing deeds saved them; it was because such deeds were evidence of their faith.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right, Abraham was justified by works, but obviously Abraham wasn’t justified in the same sense Paul was talking about in Romans 4 (i.e. how Abraham came to be reconciled with God). Most people would see how ridiculous it would be to conclude that Abraham needed justifying twice.

Who cares what most people think. Is the pathway to destruction the pathway of most people? Therefore your argument is invalid for that point. Abraham was justified by works after circumcision. Hence, Peter is the apostle of circumcision.

Are you going to keep lying saying you keep Matthew 23?

surrender

Who cares what most people think. Is the pathway to destruction the pathway of most people? Therefore your argument is invalid for that point.
You’re using Matthew 7:13-14 out of context. The ability to reason logically is unrelated to the willingness to respond to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and thus find the “narrow gate.”

It is ridiculous to conclude that Abraham needed justifying twice. Your unfounded conclusion is doctrinally driven.

Abraham was justified by works after circumcision. Hence, Peter is the apostle of circumcision.
Abraham’s faith was justified in our sight by his works. The faith Paul speaks of in Romans 4, that which restores one to a state of reconciliation with God, is not seen with our eyes. James writes, “YOU SEE that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, Abraham’s faith was perfected.” NAS Paul’s focus was on the unconverted and how one comes to be reconciled with God. James was writing to converted Christians focusing on the testing of their faith. Their faith is vindicated (justified) in our sight by the fruit of faith (i.e. works).

You are saved by faith apart from works. This faith is unseen by the human eye. You, and those around you, know that your faith is authentic if it has works.

“…Gentiles…repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with repentance” (Acts 26:20).

Are you going to keep lying saying you keep Matthew 23?
I have no idea what you’re talking about here. You’ll have to be specific.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You’re using Matthew 7:13-14 out of context.

No, you claimed most believe it. I showed an exmaple of so what, that doesn't prove anything. You saying it, doesn't make it so.

It is ridiculous to conclude that Abraham needed justifying twice.

Tell it to God.

Abraham’s faith was justified in our sight by his works.

Paul mocks you below.

Galatians 3

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

The faith Paul speaks of in Romans 4, that which restores one to a state of reconciliation with God, is not seen with our eyes. James writes, “YOU SEE that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, Abraham’s faith was perfected.

Galatians 3

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

:mock: perverted Bible twister

surrender

No, you claimed most believe it. I showed an exmaple of so what, that doesn't prove anything. You saying it, doesn't make it so.
No, you didn’t show an example of “so what, that doesn’t prove anything.” Matthew 7:13-14 is an example of there being one narrow gate to life (cf. John 10:9). The ability to recognize contradictions is unrelated to there being one narrow gate to life.

It is ridiculous to conclude that Abraham needed justifying twice. I don’t know anyone who believes such an absurd concept.

Galatians 3

I quoted James 2:22 and you quoted Gal. 3:3 and conclude I’m twisting Scripture because I quoted James 2:22? It’s not my quote, Nick. It’s a quote from James.

Gal. 3:3 and James 2:22 do not contradict each other.

James 2:22 says that Abraham’s FAITH was perfected (i.e. vindicated).

Gal. 3:3 does not say one’s FAITH cannot be made perfect through works (which would contradict James), it says that ONE cannot made perfect through works (i.e. one cannot be made righteous through works).

perverted Bible twister
You have no ability to refute my posts, so you stoop to base behaviors. It’s like I’m debating with a child, Nick. I feel like I have such an unfair advantage that I’m hesitant to continue. But I will for the sake of inquiring adults reading this thread.

DAN P

If Paul was telling the Jews to forsake Moses, he would have told the Jews to forsake Moses. Instead, he showed he respected the Mosaic Law through his participation in it (Acts 21:23-24, 26). How sad you continue to make the same mistake Paul so eagerly tried to correct.

Hi , and I just showed where Paul said that , in Acts 21;21 , " teachest all the JEWS AMONG the Gentiles TO FORSAKE MOSES " , how CLEAR IS THAT ".

Acts 21:22-24 will yet have to be a future OP , SORRY !!

God have mercy , dan p