Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's competition time! :bannana: Enter your story :cattyfan: creatively using as many smilies :jump: as you can. They can be used in place of words or just to emphasize words or ideas. :thumb:. Your story will be judged :poly: on creativity as well as, the best and most frequent use of smilies in your story. We will have :third: :second: and :first: place winners. The :first: place winner will receive a TOL smilie of your choice. So whether you want to make us laugh :darwinsm:, contemplate :think: or maybe even :taoist:, just get those braincells in gear :idea: and give us your best stuff. :BRAVO:

C

cattyfan

what's the time frame for entering? (I need to know how much time I have to contemplate!)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cattyfan

what's the time frame for entering? (I need to know how much time I have to contemplate!)
2 weeks
Originally posted by Knight
Do we enter our stories here on this thread? How many can we enter?
Yes, this is the thread where stories should be entered and one story per person.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bump

(guess everybody's taking their time so that we get some really good ones)

the Sibbie

hmmm...I've seen something like that before. I think :1Way: had a personal story like that.

Hey no fair! His is already finished!

Sozo

A Hero's Party

It appeared to be a day, like any other day, in Oklahoma.

The sun came up, as the roosters crowed, and the :chicken:s laid their :Tye:s. The :neck:s tended to their :cow:s and :sheep: , while the :dog: chased the :troy:s around the yard. But, there was more to this day than most days, because today was quite special, for a very special person in the town of Tulsa!

On this day, Tulsa's :princess:, was about to embark on a very special journey.... a journey she would not soon forget!

continued...

Last edited:

Sozo

cont...

The sun had already risen when our hero was still :sleep:.
Suddenly :noway: she was awakened by the sound of two :crow2: :crow: outside her window, which made her a little :madmad: . She opened her eyes, let out a big :yawn: , and slowly climbed from her bed. After getting ready for the day, she had her :nori: fix some :lucky: Charms, :spam:, a :bannana:, and a large cup of :coffee: . Unfortunately, mixings those four together :chew:, could only result in one thing :vomit:! After gathering herself back together, she decided to :poly: about the :king: , and His kingdom in :cloud9: , which prompted her to give Him much :bow: , and put a :D on her face! She only wishes that He would have sent :Elaine: to keep her from her poor choice of breakfast.

As she sat there reading she noticed a large :spider: over the fireplace right next to the head of the :Shaggy: . Unphased, she quickly pulled out her two :Grizzly: and disposed of the predator. She never misses her targets, having just won :first: place in a contest shooting :flamer:s and :troll:s.

continued...

Last edited:

Sozo

cont....

She had decided to take a few moments to sit in front of her :geek: , answer a few emails, and play a couple of rounds of :mario: :luigi: , when the phone rang, and as she suspected it was the :sam: looking for assitance to eliminate some :devil:s and :alien: Freakazoid that had attacked :BillyBob: and caused him to go :kookoo: . They had already sent :freak: , but he failed to have any affect. She was faxed her instructions :readthis: , :kiss: her family :( :baby: , and jumped in the :car: to get to the airport and meet the :zman:.

As they were flying along, on their way to Nashville, it started to :rain: and the planes :radar: went wacky which caused alot of turbulence, and so she told the pilot she was going to :jump: off the plane and that he should do the same, but the pilot was certain that he was supposed to crash because God predetermined it. Our hero strapped on her parachute, took one last look at the pilot :rolleyes: , and jumped into a field of :jessilu:s. She was still about 40 miles from Nashville and time was running out.

continued....

Last edited:

Sozo

cont....

She found a :Christine and asked her how to get back to the main road. She found her way, just as a truck was coming down the road, and so she pulled out her :help: sign, and got the truck to stop. There were :third: people in the truck... a :zakath: , a :dunce:, and a :taoist: . She told them of her need for a ride to Nashville, and they offered her a ride, (for they also had plans to be in Nashville). They began to inquire of her what business she had, and she said that she was on a mission to save someone from atheists, idiots, and cultists, which caused them to suspect her of thwarting their plans (because they were in fact the ones in which she referred). They slammed on the brakes, grabbed our hero, and attempted to stop her mission, but, to no avail. She :box: the atheist, :shut: the cultist, and :hammer: the idiot. She took the truck :wave: goodbye, and left to finish her mission.

continued...

Last edited:

Sozo

cont....

She finally arrived in Nashville, and rang the doorbell. Inside the subject was :shocked:, :noid:, and :cheers: alot! Instead of opening the door he bagan :sozo2: and :crackup: at the one who came to make him :think: instead of being so :confused: . She asked him where he gets his :idea:s, but he only :darwinsm: harder and harder. She shouted :sozo: "there is only :1Way:" , but he still said :nono: , and began to :chuckle:, say :ha: and :p .

Our hero appeared to be getting nowhere :bang:, and having been pretty :eek: just to get there, she was just about to give up on the subject. She was going to leave him to his own demise when her old friends :Nineveh: :turbo: :sibbie: showed up to help. After a great deal of reasoning that he should consider the Truth before he winds up :dead: , he finally came to his senses :angel: , and agreed ;):up::down::eek: that what they said was true :thumb: and so they decided to all go back to Oklahoma for our hero's birthday party and celebrate!

:party: :juggle: :guitar: :singer: :drum: :jazz: :BRAVO: :popup: :joker:

And so it was a great :knight: for all!

:)

Last edited:

SwItChBlAdE

Once upon a time in a not to distant land there lived a superficial :princess:. The :princess: needed to be :spam:’ed. The only thing the towns people had to say about her was :sozo2:… okay they had a lot to say- and because of Eph. 4:29- we wont repeat what they said.

One day King :zakath: planned to marry this :princess: off… so King :zakath: thought :think: and Thought :think: and thought some more… He soon realized that marrying off his daughter was going to be a challenge. So as he sat there and :taoist:.. Soon this magical :cow: appeared. :help: King :zakath: said in his small voice. He told the :cow: about the superficial :princess: and how he was ready to :Grizzly: her.

The :cow: just mooed. :doh: thought King :zakath: “I should have known! Only :troy:’s talk!” King :zakath: was sadden and went back to the painful thinking process again- :think: “I’VE GOT IT!” he shouted! :idea: He went to his castle and ran to his room away from the annoying :princess:

Next thing you know…. :geek: “You can find anything on EBAY!” He was so thrilled his intelligence was that of a :bannana:. He typed, :Shaggy: oh no.. that wont do.. :shake: then he typed… :shadowmd: oh.. That wont work either. “:ha: that makes two of them’ he :chuckle: Hopefully this time he’d get :lucky: He typed :knight:… “hmm too.. Normal” This was harder than he :think:

Finally! :BillyBob: The man of the :princess:’s dreams! They arranged a date- the :princess: and the :BillyBob:had a :Christine good time on their date.

:BillyBob: did everything in his power to win the :princess: over… he :juggle: and :sheep: and :singer: and even :taoist: at movies! The :princess: was on :cloud9:
So King :zakath: arranged their marriage and they were said to live happily ever after. Well that is until :BillyBob: :Grizzly: THE END! :Nineveh:

Last edited:

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
This is funny. Except for Billy Bob. I realize that he is not serious, but it is wrong to speak about terrible evil and sin in a morally neutral way, or in his case, even in a laughable way. I realize that false teaching in religion is terrible, but the shedding of innocent blood is hardly something to joke about. Sorry, I don’t have time, yet, for contributing stories here. If we must allow BB to say such a terrible thing, then I think it would be a good idea for TOL to brand BB with some sort of disapproval statement so as to not reflect negatively on TOL and all things godly.

Billy Bob :down:
The righteous in Christ :up:

Christine

One day, as :princess: and :BillyBob: were having a breakfast

of :Tye: :coffee: and fried :spam: they decided to go to the circus

for the day. So, :princess: and :BillyBob: :wave: goodbye to

their friends, got in their :car: and were off.

As soon as they passed the :1Way: sign, they knew that they

were almost there.

:princess: and :BillyBob: bought :second: tickets at the :cattyfan:

desk and went on in to see the circus. One of the :first: things

they saw was a :drum: :guitar: :singer: performance.

The :drum: :guitar: :singer: performers sat down as soon as

the :singer: announcer came out.

Then :princess: and :BillyBob: saw the :juggle: and the :joker:

and the :zakath: :princess: and :BillyBob: thought that they

were doing a :thumb: wonderful job.

Then the animal acts came out. They saw a :sheep: sheep that

could jump rope, a :dog: that :bow: bowed, and :second: :crow2:

that could :WA: dissapear.

:princess: and :BillyBob: :ha: laughed alot, and othwise enjoyed

themselves. As it got closer to lunch time, they started trying to

decide what to have. After looking at the choices, and feeling a

little :vomit: so they decided to go to :nori: to get

something. :nori: fixed them a big plate of BBQ :Shaggy: moose.

Despite the fact that they had never tried BBQ :Shaggy: moose

before, they soon found themselves asking for more. :cheers:

:princess: and :BillyBob: got in their :car: and headed home only

to be stuck in the :rain: :mad:

Upon arriving home, they were :yawn: tired after a long day, so

they took a nap. :grave:

Unfortunately, they were barely asleep, when they heard a

noise :noway: . :princess: sent :BillyBob: out to investigate.

Upon

investigating, :BillyBob: found :second: two :Grizzly: robbers

trying to break into their house. :BillyBob: quickly put on his

protective :SOTK: and went out to take care of them. He

quickly :Grizzly: at them. The robbers were rushed to the :deb:

hospital.

:BillyBob: was hailed a hero and given a :first: award. He was

very :eek: bashful about the whole matter, saying he just did what

he had to do. :princess: was very proud of :BillyBob: :BRAVO: and

the :second: of them lived happily ever after. :)

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Sozo

She finally arrived in Nashville, and rang the doorbell. Inside the subject was :shocked:, :noid:, and :cheers: alot! Instead of opening the door he bagan :sozo2: and :crackup: at the one who came to make him :think: instead of being so :confused: . She asked him where he gets his :idea:s, but he only :darwinsm: harder and harder. She shouted :sozo: "there is only :1Way:" , but he still said :nono: , and began to :chuckle:, say :ha: and :p .

Our hero appeared to be getting nowhere :bang:, and having been pretty :eek: just to get there, she was just about to give up on the subject. She was going to leave him to his own demise when her old friends :Nineveh: :turbo: :sibbie: showed up to help. After a great deal of reasoning that he should consider the Truth before he winds up :dead: , he finally came to his senses :angel: , and agreed ;):up::down::eek: that what they said was true :thumb: and so they decided to all go back to Oklahoma for our hero's birthday party and celebrate!

:party: :juggle: :guitar: :singer: :drum: :jazz: :BRAVO: :popup: :joker:

And so it was a great :knight: for all!

:)

Are you trying to tell me something? :chuckle:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by 1Way

This is funny. Except for Billy Bob. I realize that he is not serious, but it is wrong to speak about terrible evil and sin in a morally neutral way, or in his case, even in a laughable way. I realize that false teaching in religion is terrible, but the shedding of innocent blood is hardly something to joke about. Sorry, I don’t have time, yet, for contributing stories here. If we must allow BB to say such a terrible thing, then I think it would be a good idea for TOL to brand BB with some sort of disapproval statement so as to not reflect negatively on TOL and all things godly.

Billy Bob :down:
The righteous in Christ :up:

You've got to be kidding!!!! :darwinsm:

Man, my sides are hurtin'!!!!!