Rapture versus revelations 20:4.

balut55

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

My question is if there is a rapture then why did God put this in this verse in the Bible?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jerry Shugart

When people use the word "rapture" It is referring to the words in "bold" which are found in this passage:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"
(1 Thess.4:16-17).​

When do you think that will happen?

balut55

These are the martyred saints that meet him in the air. We get new bodies and reign with Christ. We aren't raptured from our 4,000 sq foot house or Mercedes. Our souls are raptured after we are beheaded for our faith. Are you talking about a judgement? Saints that die for Jesus are not judged. So you are claiming there are two judgement days. ?

balut55

It will happen very soon. Before 2022. But answer my question please in relation to revelations 20:4. As saints are being created now by Isis (the fake government backed terrorists that are making saints) and those are the ones that meet Jesus in the air.

beameup

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

My question is if there is a rapture then why did God put this in this verse in the Bible?

These are they that are saved out of the Great Tribulation.
They would be the "gleanings" following the "main harvest" of the rapture.

Jerry Shugart

These are the martyred saints that meet him in the air.

No, those who are "alive" will meet Him in the air:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:16-17).​

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

Don't confuse the church with tribulation saints.

See:

Re 6:10, 20:6 McGee

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

These are they that are saved out of the Great Tribulation.

Are these words in "bold" describing those who will be "caught up"?:

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left"
(Mt.24:38-41).​

balut55

I'm still confused. I thought the tribulation saints are the church saints in end times. How does the church escape beheading if we're all here at the same time.

balut55

Doesn't this require two judgement days? And if your faith isn't strong enough to be raptured why would it be strong enough to not deny Jesus and die for him.

beameup

Are these words in "bold" describing those who will be "caught up"?:

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left"
(Mt.24:38-41).​

That is the separation of the "sheep" from the "goats" following the 2nd Coming. The "sheep" will be allowed to live and repopulate during the Millennial Reign of Messiah.

balut55

It's also the idiom for the feast of trumpets. Jesus is telling us that it is in September around the feast of trumpets.

“No Man Knows The Day or Hour!” is a Jewish Idiom for Rosh Hashanah, the Feast of Trumpets!

balut55

One more question. Christians are being martyred in Syria and Iraq. Why aren't they raptured?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, the bride is raptured.

We aren't all here at the same time. The unbeliever and the make-believer remain.

See:

What are tribulation saints?

Made up.

There is no rapture before the 3.5 years of Rev. The resurrection occurs at the end of it, at the last trumpet.

Rev 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
Rev 10:2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
Rev 10:3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
Rev 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
Rev 10:5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
Rev 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

LA