Prove That Sunday Is The Christian Sabbath

Prove that:

1) God rested on the first day of the week
2) God blessed the first day of the week
3) God sanctified (or set apart for a holy use)
4) God wrote the 1st day of the week in His law
(Check out the short video)

TrevorL

Greetings TheThirdAngel144
Prove that:
This is a very strong declaration of the need to keep the Sabbath, as is the video, but we are not under the Sabbath Law. The Sabbath was a shadow of things to come. Christ is the true Sabbath Matthew 11:25-30.

Kind regards
Trevor

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Sabbath Judaizers [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The Council of Laodicea of around 365 AD decreed 59 laws, #29:
"Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honoring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ."

Pisidian Antioch in the Roman Empire
Acts 13
13 From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem. 14 From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down. 15 After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”16 Standing up, Paul motioned with his hand and said: “Fellow Israelites and you Gentiles who worship God, listen to me!

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

The first Gentile converts kept the Sabbath, and so therefore it was not an issue.

The biblical term "proselyte" is an anglicization of the Koine Greek term προσήλυτος/proselytos, as used in the Greek Old Testament for "stranger", i.e. a "newcomer to Israel"; a "sojourner in the land", and in the Greek New Testament for a first century convert to Judaism, generally from Ancient Greek religion. It is a translation of the Biblical Hebrew phrase [/FONT][FONT=&quot]גר[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]תושב[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/ ger toshav.

Judaize

YLT

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galatians 2:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galatians 2:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?[/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 31:17-16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 9:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 12:17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 22:14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and may enter in through the gates into the city. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]True and False Disciples[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Matthew 7:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!’ [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God's will is that we keep His commands.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 5:19[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have noticed that Matthew 5:19 is not correctly translated. The word (THESE) follows the word (commands) in the original text. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“of these” should read “of the” ( TWN / TON ) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“These” is referring to people, not the commands. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5130[/FONT][FONT=&quot] / toutwn / touton: genitive case plural masculine or neuter of outoV - houtos [/FONT][FONT=&quot]3778[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; of (from or concerning) these (persons or things):--such, their, these (things), they, this sort, those.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]See Matthew 5:19 link:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 5:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands, and teaches others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is how Matthew 5:19 should read:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of the commands, and those teaching others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Matthew 12 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lord of the Sabbath [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. At that time Yahshua went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him," Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Day of The Lord is Saturday according to scripture, and the disciples were not harvesting the field, but getting something to eat. Jesus said they were innocent of breaking the Sabbath commandment. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gleaning is harvesting what is left over. The disciples were passing through the field, and they took only what they were to eat then, and nothing more. For more would have been to be harvesting the field for the gleanings.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Revelation 10. On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11. which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ezekiel 20:11. I gave them my decrees and made known to them my laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. 12. Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.
13. " 'Yet the people of Israel rebelled against me in the desert. They did not follow my decrees but rejected my laws—although the man who obeys them will live by them—and they utterly desecrated my Sabbaths. So I said I would pour out my wrath on them and destroy them in the desert. 14. But for the sake of my name I did what would keep it from being profaned in the eyes of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out. 15. Also with uplifted hand I swore to them in the desert that I would not bring them into the land I had given them—a land flowing with milk and honey, most beautiful of all lands- 16. because they rejected my laws and did not follow my decrees and desecrated my Sabbaths. For their hearts were devoted to their idols. 17. Yet I looked on them with pity and did not destroy them or put an end to them in the desert. 18. I said to their children in the desert, "Do not follow the statutes of your fathers or keep their laws or defile yourselves with their idols. 19. I am the LORD your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 20. Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Isaiah 8:16. Bind up the testimony
and seal up the law among my disciples.
17. I will wait for the LORD,
who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.
18. Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deut 6:6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
6:8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][Frontlets between your eyes, is your forehead, where your memory is.][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

And so we have the commandments as a sign on our right hand, and in our foreheads. This being the seal or mark of God, His commandments, then what is the mark of that beast [nation] in the right hand and forehead? The right hand symbolizes works, and in the forehead is our memory of what we think.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Matthew 12:3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Since the disciples were only getting something to eat, and not harvesting the field, then they were innocent. I also see scripture that says that they went to the synagogue or each other’s house on the seventh day. And Paul after preaching on the seventh day also instructs Christians to gather on the first day to do some work. So where can I find this Sunday commandment? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Romans 9:6. It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 8. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring. 9. For this was how the promise was stated: "At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 2:11. Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12. remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 3:2. Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3. that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5. which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

clefty

Prove that:

The argument is that the church through its sacred traditions and given authority by the keys of peter transferred the solemnity of the sabbath to Sunday the day He was risen...He was risen that first day of the week and was risen the second and today He is risen still...He rose however on the day before that first day of the week...the Sabbath...it heals He rested and was refreshed

clefty

Greetings TheThirdAngel144 This is a very strong declaration of the need to keep the Sabbath, as is the video, but we are not under the Sabbath Law. The Sabbath was a shadow of things to come. Christ is the true Sabbath Matthew 11:25-30.

Kind regards
Trevor

Please look again at Col 2:17 and Heb 10:1 and note the tense used...present tense...the laws ARE shadows of good things to come...even still

James the brother of Yahushua and head of the Jerusalem church concluded the council in Acts 15 fully expecting and intending the Gentiles to keep crowding the synagogues and to hear Moses read to them every Sabbath...

May He lead...

clefty

LOL...you are like a bull in the china shop...

we are sheep...easily startled...especially about new truths...

You remind me of those that insisted on beginning with circumcision for the converts rather than the milk and growing into the truth...

I recommend we start with showing Sunday is the counterfeit and the six day seventh day Sabbath is real...and then move as the cloud does into further truth and closer to the promised land...and off this calendar of Rome...

No need to spook the sheep and have them chased off the thread...lol

WatchmanOnTheWall

LOL...you are like a bull in the china shop...

we are sheep...easily startled...especially about new truths...

You remind me of those that insisted on beginning with circumcision for the converts rather than the milk and growing into the truth...

I recommend we start with showing Sunday is the counterfeit and the six day seventh day Sabbath is real...and then move as the cloud does into further truth and closer to the promised land...and off this calendar of Rome...

No need to spook the sheep and have them chased off the thread...lol

What calendar are you using to calculate when the Sabbath is?

clefty

What calendar are you using to calculate when the Sabbath is?

It being a Roman fixed day solar was not my point...

we already have Sabbath threads which most ignore avoid or briefly visit indicating only minimal interest or curiosity

We also have your thread on the lunar sabbath which also gets visits...

This is a new thread and I was just thinking maybe go easy on the truth as it hurts blinded eyes...

But whatever...spook the sheep...lol...

The Lunar Sabbath has much still to work out as well...

May He lead...

WatchmanOnTheWall

It being a Roman fixed day solar was not my point...

we already have Sabbath threads which most ignore avoid or briefly visit indicating only minimal interest or curiosity

We also have your thread on the lunar sabbath which also gets visits...

This is a new thread and I was just thinking maybe go easy on the truth as it hurts blinded eyes...

But whatever...spook the sheep...lol...

The Lunar Sabbath has much still to work out as well...

May He lead...

A fixed Roman calendar you say and obviously you are referring to the Roman Julian (Caesar) calendar that was created by Greek mathematician Sosigenes in 45BC which was implemented on the 1 January and was a Friday, but what was the day before this date? And on what calendar?

clefty

A fixed Roman calendar you say and obviously you are referring to the Roman Julian (Caesar) calendar that was created by Greek mathematician Sosigenes in 45BC which was implemented on the 1 January and was a Friday, but what was the day before this date? And on what calendar?

Even Double posting now...ok thought we could be reasonable but you are way too ahead of me on all this and unwilling to actually read or understand what I am getting at here in this thread...

See you on your lunar sabbath thread...

TrevorL

Greetings clefty,
Please look again at Col 2:17 and Heb 10:1 and note the tense used...present tense...the laws ARE shadows of good things to come...even still.
Hebrews 10:1-4 speaks of the sacrifices under the Law which Christ has now fulfilled in his crucifixion, death and resurrection and thus superseded. These sacrifices were completely done away with, when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem in AD70.

Kind regards
Trevor

clefty

Greetings clefty,Hebrews 10:1-4 speaks of the sacrifices under the Law which Christ has now fulfilled in his crucifixion, death and resurrection and thus superseded. These sacrifices were completely done away with, when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem in AD70.

Kind regards
Trevor

Paul would have used past tense if the Law was done away with...he didn’t because it isn’t...it however still can’t do away with sin or make someone perfect...BTW but still points to the One Who can

Oh and the Sabbath is in the 10 and not the ceremonial laws...

clefty

Why the dump and run? This is a forum and in our readings of what you left who do we refer our questions to?

Why not stick around and come let us reason?

Already at issue is that “Sunday keeping” occurred at all in the NT...sadly your dump wishes to insert what is not there...fellow christians more learned than mayself to be sure have shown that already...

“The Protestants claim to stand upon the written word only. They profess to hold the Scripture alone as the standard of faith. They justify their revolt by the plea that the Church has apostatized from the written word and follows tradition. Now the Protestants' claim that they stand upon the written word only, is not true. Their profession of holding the Scripture alone as the standard of faith, is false. Proof: The written word explicitly enjoins the observance of the seventh day as the Sabbath. They do not observe the seventh day, but reject it. If they do truly hold the Scripture alone as their standard, they would be observing the seventh day as is enjoined in the Scripture throughout. Yet they not only reject the observance of the Sabbath enjoined in the written word, but they have adopted and do practice the observance of Sunday, for which they have only the tradition of the Church. Consequently the claim of 'Scripture alone as the standard' fails; and the doctrine of 'Scripture and tradition' as essential, is fully established, the Protestants themselves being judges."

There was no getting around this, for the Protestants' own statement of faith - the Augsburg Confession, 1530 - had clearly admitted that the "observation of the Lord's day" had been appointed by "the Church" only.“

http://www.remnantofgod.org/romeadmits.htm

As established outside of scripture and by sacred tradition alone this sunday keeping confirms the authority of the church you protest...you do yes? Or follow her her tradition...

So right out of the gate your nephtali is severely crippled if limping at all...