Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ApologeticJedi said:
Mr. Jack said:
It isn't a question of me not believing in your god, it's that I have found naturalistic explanations to be intellectually satisfying and aesthetically pleasing. My belief in Atheism is not a negative one - i.e. rejection of belief in the supernatural - but a positive one of belief in naturalism.
Denial is a powerful influence.

Let’s consider the possibilities given by the facts. Maybe we could do a poll? :)
You are an atheist on a site predominately dedicated to Christian theology, posting in the “Religion” section because:
  • You like hanging out with us Christians. We’re so cool!
  • You aren’t as sure of your position as you admit and are seeking better answers if they exist.
  • You were under the impression that this was the website that gave away prizes to every 15th poster.
  • While surfing the web you hit a tidal wave and now you are stranded on this website with no way to get off. (The next great TV reality show?)
  • You hate God, and wanted to come to the Christian webstie and take it out on them.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m guessing “B” and “E” are the most likely choices (and that’s cool with us!).

I mean, I’d like to think it was “A”, but we Christians just don’t rate well in secular popularity contests for some reason.

Great post. :D

Context

Status
Not open for further replies.