Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
bob b said:
CabinetMaker said:
We put forth a theory and test it. It is frequently wrong the first and maybe even the second time but each time understanding grows.

So what makes you think we can test creation to see how it works?
They may not have it figured out totally but what they have learned can be used in other areas to benefit man. For instance, nuclear reactors harness radioactivity to make power. That takes a fair amount of understanding, maybe not perfect, but awfully close

It takes very little understanding of radioactivity (which is still not well understood). All we know is that when radioactive material is brought together to reach close to a critical mass there is a chain reaction and that generates heat. The rest is just normal engineering for any heat engine, except that it must be implemented very well to avoid leaks. As a seasoned engineer (like myself) you should know this.

Perhaps I am too hard on you. After all I was even older than you when I first looked into what was going on in DNA, etc. I just wasn't all that interested due to more pressing things in my life. So I had been duped as you are now into thinking that the field of origins was on solid scientific ground. But DNA is a coded information system and there is no way under God's green Earth that such a system could arise "naturally", not to mention via random mutations, no matter how many failed attempts are discarded. So that was the turning point for me. I started to doubt evolution and look into the subject myself, instead of taking others word for it. That was 23 years ago and each passing day more evidence is uncovered against the preposterous concept that random mutations gave rise to life as we know it.
Methinks that you are convinced that God (faith in the bible) and science are mutually exclusive propositions

As a lover of science (see my avatar) I have no problem with 95% of science. The 5% that tries to determine what happened in the dim past is where I have my disagreements.

My proposition is that science points to God and glorifies Him.

Correct science of course does this, but ideas like a "naturally occurring" Big Bang and "naturalistic" evolution starting with a hypothetical primitive protocell are diametrically opposed to what God has said in His word and should be exposed as pseudo science by all believing Christians (not to mention all intelligent engineers).
The correct meaning of scripture is that God is Sovereign over creation regardless of its age.

Yes, but God graciously revealed the age in His word and you in effect call Him a liar by going along with the preposterous ideas of agnostics and atheists who say otherwise.

Random mutation my foot. ;)

Have you lost your mind? (you probably play the lottery too).

Context

Status
Not open for further replies.