Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Chileice
I think that Hebrews is quite clear that the former things were a mere shadow of the reality found in Christ. I also think that what was written was for our benefit (not just the Jews) but that law-keeping (anybody's laws: Jews, pagans whatever) destroy the freedom we have in Christ. see Col. 2.

That does not mean that we should sin that grace might increase. "May it never be!" However, we do not gain any further grace by trying to keep the law. As a matter of fact, it can become a stumbling block that leads us judging others and to become modern-day pharisees.

Both Jews and Gentile alike are saved through faith in Jesus (Romans 3) and there is no distinction. The law is now fulfilled in Jesus and those who come to the Father must come in faith through Him... without exception.

The law was helpful in that it leads us to understand that we are sinners and where we stand as sinners but does nothing to raise us out of that helpless state. We sin before we aresaved and we sin after. The only differences are that we are forgiven and set free from having to sin. We now see the benefits of not sinning and we see the rewards set before those who chose to do good works (I Cor.3) and we live that way out of love and out of an expectation to hear, "Well Done."

Status
Not open for further replies.