Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh

Originally posted by Zakath

But the histriocity of Troy and Nineveh were not based on claims of supernatural events...

The question is the accounts. Those two accounts were considered "untue" until physical evidence was dug up. One is secular from the Illiad, the other Biblical from the Books of Genesis, Jonah and Nahum.

Assuming, of course, that those stories are any more reliable than the resurrection story.

I'll leave battling the Pharisees and Sadducees to you. After all, they are on your side of the issue :) (Except Paul, who had a "change of heart". )

When people want to believe in something, they will, regardless of evidence, or lack thereof. You are a case in point.

Same backatcha ;)

You need to have a god for your own particular reasons, so you feel you must believe to give your life meaning. There is almost no evidence or lack of evidence that would shake your belief.

lol...

Thanks for the psychoanalysis, I asume it's a freebie :) It would profit you more to turn that lens on your own soul, however.

I can identify with that position. I held it at one time myself.

Do you assume I was always a Christ follower, then?

By the way, you never did directly answer my questions... should we assume that you have not ever personally met one of these alleged "eyewitnesses"?

I'm sorry you didn't like my answer (refer to the first paragraph). I guess men landing on the moon is an event in history that can be readily dismissed as soon as everyone who was an eyewitness dies?

What a fragile framework upon which to pin your hopes for your allegedly eternal destiny...

And from my perseptive, you have far far less.

Anyway, this thread isn't about your loss of "faith" it's about granite's.

Context

Status
Not open for further replies.