ECT Politics or the power of God, choose you this day whom you will serve

oatmeal

Unbelievers and weak believers have make ungodly stupid decisions, they have done it before and they will do it again.

When they are in political power they hurt many, many lives, sadly the ones they hurt the most are the ones they are trying to help.

The word of God, not politics is the answer to people's maladies

The ungodly have simply made easier for them to die in and by their own stupidity.

Read scripture. Psalm 25, Psalm 37, Romans 8:37, II Corinthians 2:14, I John 4:4

When God's people chose to believe, God always delivered them from the ungodly.

Believing God is not about changing politics, but about loving and living for God according to the instruction manual for life He has given us.

However, it is clear that believing God does change society.

But that is not our focus.

Jesus Christ made that plain.

He was preparing them to carry on after his ascension, when he would be taken up. He told them to stay in Jerusalem until the promise of the Father was given

Acts 1:2-5

The twelve apostles whom he had chosen ( which would include Judas Iscariot) asked him when he would restore the kingdom to Israel

Acts 1:6

Jesus told them that the Father has that in His power

Acts 1:7

Then Jesus brought the conversation back to what they needed to really know

Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Our lifestyle is to be witnesses of the lord Jesus Christ.

We are effective witnesses because we have receive the promise of the Father, we have been endued with power from on high,Luke 24:49, we have received the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

God has enabled us to be powerful witnesses of the lord Jesus Christ by God's giving of His spirit to us. I John 4:13

The first century church utilized that power and changed the world.

Acts 2:4,38;10:45-46

Acts 17:6

And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;

The believers turned the world right side up.

Those who want God will have God, those who want God's power in their lives shall have God's power in their lives. Matthew 5:6

oatmeal

Did Jesus teach to believe for and to expect and prioritize political victories or spiritual victories?

oatmeal

Where are your priorities?

Causing political change?

or

Becoming a powerful witness of the lord Jesus Christ?

Acts 3:11;4:13-14,31,33;5:3,9;5:18-21,42;6:10,51;8:4,5-8 etc

What do you think will make a greater godly impact on society?

oatmeal

Did Jesus Christ seek political power?

John 18:33-37

Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?

34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?

35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Or did he seek to do something else?

Matthew 12:50

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 16:25

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 26:42

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luke 11:2

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

John 6:38

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Hebrews 11

By believing, Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

oatmeal

Evidently, the "believers" on this website have little use for the power of God in their lives.

Acts 1:8

oatmeal

People here have a tough time choosing.

What do you value more?

The politics of the minute?

or

The spiritual power (Acts 1:8;2:38) that is promised to those who believe?

What is holding you back?

Fear? II Timothy 1:7 Psalm 34:4

oatmeal

Since you are too shy, maybe you are not too shy to tell God what you prefer.

Are you more interested in political power or God's spiritual power in your life?

Which do you really think is more powerful?

Which to you really think is more important in light of having eternal life?