NOT A PEOPLE

DougE

Deuteronomy 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Those which "are not a people" are not the church today, the body of Christ.

Those which "are not a people", which are a "foolish nation", are the believing remnant of Israel.

Hosea 1:9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

1:11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

Hosea reveals that it is not the nation of Israel who are the true people of God, but rather, the believing remnant of Israel, the Israel of faith, who are the "people of God".

Israel and Judah divided. In Hosea 1:11 it is said that the children of Judah and the children of Israel will be gathered together and appoint themselves one head: this can be seen below in John 10:16. Jesus spoke of the gathering of the existing flock in Israel, and the scattered Jewish flock abroad, and uniting these into one fold, with one Shepherd.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Paul, in Romans chapter 9 through 11 speaks of the remnant of Israel, not the church, the body of Christ.

Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

The remnant of Israel consisted not only of Jews, but believing Gentiles. This remnant would enter into the kingdom on earth.

9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Paul is citing from Hosea 1:10.

9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

The believing people of Israel will be called "children".

9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

It is clear from this verse that Paul in Romans chapters 9 through 11 is dealing with the remnant of Israel. The Gentiles he spoke of are also part of the remnant of Israel. There is no substantiation in inserting the church today, the body of Christ, here.

Romans 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

Last of all, here Paul is citing the opening verse of Deuteronomy 32:21 by which it is abundantly clear that Paul is dealing not with the body of Christ, the church today, but Israel. Paul in Romans through 11 is dealing with the remnant of Israel.

beloved57

douge

Hosea reveals that it is not the nation of Israel who are the true people of God, but rather, the believing remnant of Israel, the Israel of faith, who are the "people of God".

Thats the Church, the Body of Christ, the Israel of God

Right Divider

Body part
Eph 1:10 KJV That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
In heaven: body of Christ.
On earth: Israel (the believing remnant, the holy nation, the royal priesthood).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes and I have shown why. I even started a thread about it.

And you were addressed in that thread as to why the Body of Christ is not Israel.

B57: Did Abraham have more than one son?

DAN P

Yes it is no matter how many times you say it is not.
BUT Israel of God is only found in one verse , Gal 6:16 and in verse 15 , Paul is saying that NEITHER , CIRCUMCISION nor UNCUMCISION is of any force , BUT A NEW CREATION , speaking about the BODY OF CHRIST !

The Israel of God , refers to the saved Jews of the Messianic Jewish assembly in the book of ACTS and these make up SPIRITUAL ISRAEL . and the 12 apostles , and those that Christ saved from Acts 2:47 , which the Greek word ADDED / PROSTITHEMI is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , which means that from ACTS 2:47 -----Acts 28:28 , about 40 years LATER the Lord STOPPED , adding to the ISRAEL of God !

dan p

beloved57

BUT Israel of God is only found in one verse , Gal 6:16 and in verse 15 , Paul is saying that NEITHER , CIRCUMCISION nor UNCUMCISION is of any force , BUT A NEW CREATION , speaking about the BODY OF CHRIST !

The Israel of God , refers to the saved Jews of the Messianic Jewish assembly in the book of ACTS and these make up SPIRITUAL ISRAEL . and the 12 apostles , and those that Christ saved from Acts 2:47 , which the Greek word ADDED / PROSTITHEMI is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , which means that from ACTS 2:47 -----Acts 28:28 , about 40 years LATER the Lord STOPPED , adding to the ISRAEL of God !

dan p
The Israel of God is the Church, the Spiritual descendants of Abraham comprised of folk of all nations.