New Feature: AutoSmite™

Turbo

Friendly Neighborhood Admin
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those who obey the rules can disregard this thread if they want.

Like at AoS, this site now has a new-and-improved AutoSmite™ System, now with AutoBan™!

Mods and admins can smite users for a particular out-of-line post. The offending user will receive a message informing them which post it was, which rule they violated, and how many points (demerits) they got for it. Points stick with you a long time, and as you reach certain point levels you'll automatically be banned for a certain period of time. :banned:

We can also assign "warnings" using the same system, but warnings don't actually give you any points.

Mods and admins will be "in the loop" about smites and warnings given by other mods or admins, and they may even go on your permanent record! :jawdrop:

Here are the current settings:
Points___Ban length
2_______1 Day
3_______3 Day
4_______4 Days
5_______5 Days
6_______1 Week
7_______2 Weeks
8_______1 Month
9_______3 Months
10______6 Months
11______1 Year

These could change at any time, of course. And we can still ban the old fashioned way if we feel like it. :smack:

You'd all better be on your best behavior because all of us admins and mods are just dying to try this out! :cyborg:

Last edited by a moderator:

4string

I only have 2 infraction points but I received a one day ban, was that ban a manual ban? and if so will I still get auto-banned for another day if I get a third infraction point?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You'd all better be on your best behavior because all of us admins and mods are just dying to try this out! :cyborg:

:plain: Yes sir I will mend my ways, I will be on best behavior.

4string

Err... another related question, can infraction points limit your use of board functions like PM box? cause besides receiving PM's I can't seem to do anything with mine...

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Err... another related question, can infraction points limit your use of board functions like PM box? cause besides receiving PM's I can't seem to do anything with mine...
You need to be a registered plus member. You've already met the number of post requirements. The other requirement is to wait 14 days after your registration date. November 23rd at 0541, whatever timezone you picked, you should be able to private message.

The Graphite

AutoSmite! Righteous! :thumb:

When I someday go out in a blaze of glory here, the blinding flash will be all the more brilliant! Woot! :cool:

Boomer

Diving deep
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That explain why chat box, PM's and post in profile does not work. Hardly anything on this site, but posting works.

Boomer

Diving deep
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Posting here is loads of fun. :) For me this is going to be a safe site where won't be smashed for expressing my views openly.