Nearer my God to thee.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Nearer my God to thee.
As my life, shipwrecked by Indian communal war, was going down, I groped towards God from my drowning selfishness. It took many years but a moment compared to eternity’s scale. I was most selfish in childhood and teenage. I was the eldest of the siblings. But whenever anyone mentioned of responsibility for them and parents, my only reaction was revolt. I couldn’t love them or any. My mental and body health was rapidly deteriorating. I knew than soon my personality (soul) will die. After holding on to flotsams’ of futile nonChristian religions, I found the life-boat of a Christian sect that saved me for some time. But soon I had to get out of it. Then from the gospel I knew that God is love. I started culturing love and in the process got nearer Christ, the rock. Soon I realized that Christ was following heavenly Father to be like Him. He calls us to be like Him too. Following Christ in love-works, I came to understand that love always expands. Love means responsibility and then repentance for lapses of responsibility is sure to come. Let me explain.

As I tried to love and care the orphans I had to ever expand my love in order to love them effectively. Their poor relatives, other orphans and destitute nearby had to be accommodated within that ever expanding love. I knew if I restricted that love, it will degenerate and die. Then I had to love Muslims, our traditional enemies too. So I am ever widening my love, the source of which is Father. But realizing that my failures result from the limitations and impurities in my love I began to repent. That repentance also began to increase as my love continued widening. I knew that this is becoming like God as Christ exhorted and practiced. Please read my post ‘How I came to know Heavenly Father as ideal love-repentance’.

If we consider Christ’s life from the stable up to now we see that his love is constantly widening. At first it was only in his family and relatives. Then it widened to Jews only. Then it expanded to gentiles in a part of Roman Empire. Now it has expanded to the whole world and beyond this world. So Christ is on the way of becoming all encompassing God. We have to be too as Christ told us to be like Heavenly Father. This love-exercise not only unites us with God but with others who are following Christ in his journey to become all-responsible God.

So a real saved one goes nearer and nearer to God in his journey through eternity. The moment one restricts it he begins to fall from love. In this way angels became suicidal demons and paradises become hell of soul suicide. The fake Christianity based on ancient static doctrines, not on living Christ, is also guiding people to be such suicidal.

glorydaz

Nearer my God to thee.
As my life, shipwrecked by Indian communal war, was going down, I groped towards God from my drowning selfishness. It took many years but a moment compared to eternity’s scale. I was most selfish in childhood and teenage. I was the eldest of the siblings. But whenever anyone mentioned of responsibility for them and parents, my only reaction was revolt. I couldn’t love them or any. My mental and body health was rapidly deteriorating. I knew than soon my personality (soul) will die. After holding on to flotsams’ of futile nonChristian religions, I found the life-boat of a Christian sect that saved me for some time. But soon I had to get out of it. Then from the gospel I knew that God is love. I started culturing love and in the process got nearer Christ, the rock. Soon I realized that Christ was following heavenly Father to be like Him. He calls us to be like Him too. Following Christ in love-works, I came to understand that love always expands. Love means responsibility and then repentance for lapses of responsibility is sure to come. Let me explain.

As I tried to love and care the orphans I had to ever expand my love in order to love them effectively. Their poor relatives, other orphans and destitute nearby had to be accommodated within that ever expanding love. I knew if I restricted that love, it will degenerate and die. Then I had to love Muslims, our traditional enemies too. So I am ever widening my love, the source of which is Father. But realizing that my failures result from the limitations and impurities in my love I began to repent. That repentance also began to increase as my love continued widening. I knew that this is becoming like God as Christ exhorted and practiced. Please read my post ‘How I came to know Heavenly Father as ideal love-repentance’.

If we consider Christ’s life from the stable up to now we see that his love is constantly widening. At first it was only in his family and relatives. Then it widened to Jews only. Then it expanded to gentiles in a part of Roman Empire. Now it has expanded to the whole world and beyond this world. So Christ is on the way of becoming all encompassing God. We have to be too as Christ told us to be like Heavenly Father. This love-exercise not only unites us with God but with others who are following Christ in his journey to become all-responsible God.

So a real saved one goes nearer and nearer to God in his journey through eternity. The moment one restricts it he begins to fall from love. In this way angels became suicidal demons and paradises become hell of soul suicide. The fake Christianity based on ancient static doctrines, not on living Christ, is also guiding people to be such suicidal.

You see the importance of Love, and that's good. Do you know that genuine Love can only come from God? We can work up a certain amount of empathy on our own, but that kind of love doesn't heal the broken hearted. This is why we need Christ's Spirit dwelling in us. Then we can be His Mouth to speak His Word, and His Hands to reach out and comfort, and His feet to go the extra mile. We become members of His body, and He uses us to do His Will.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

BTW...God did not call us Gods as per your sig.

jerzy

BANNED
Banned
... God is love.

Gen 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Eze 14:13 Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:

...angels became suicidal demons and paradises become hell of soul suicide.

Do you know this from God's word? Who wrote this Bible?