Lighthouse's SPOTD 6-30-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Because their faith is in Christ's righteousness and not in their own. Becoming a Christian may or may not change your behavior right away, but it does change your identity. An understanding of that identity, and growing in dependance on God can have a dramatic effect on your behavior, but the flesh can never be righteous. It will always fall short of the glory of God. Those who claim that they do not sin in their bodies are liars.

Claiming that something is not a sin when the Bible makes clear it is, is evidence that God is not in them. Though behaviors may not change right away, a Christian will still recognize that their behavior is sin, and be thankful to God that He has forgiven them of all sin, and cleansed them from all unrighteousness. They will not call what is sin, not sin.

He does require perfection of the spirit, which is our true identity. Perfection is a gift, just as righteousness is a gift. You cannot justify sin, just because you cannot do anything but sin in your body. A homosexual may find it difficult to stop the practice (especially since it is tolerated), but there is no way if they are in Christ that they will say that it is not sin. If they do, they are liars, and not saved.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Wow, Brandon, you have come along ways from the days when you argued against what he is now saying. You used to euphemistically call it a 'wrong doing' to avoid the idea that a Christian can sin. It seems Door has evolved over the years also, now saying things he once condemned me for saying.

:cheers: (a drink before you go ballistic; check the archives on Knight vs sozo-mystery and whether a Christian can sin or not).

Door

I did not say anything different in that post than I have ever said. You've simply never heard anything other than what you want to hear. You also deny that perfection is a gift. You also deny that a Christian is holy, righteous, perfect, blameless, and perfect. You refuse to accept the teachings of Paul where he makes a distinction between the flesh and the spirit, and between our bodies being dead to God because of sin, and our spirits being alive because of His righteousness.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I, Roborulz/cop, have been reprogrammed with Prime Directives: Love Door/Ignore Door.

Obliviously (sorry, too much grape juice plus), Paul talks about spirit vs flesh, but he does not artificially dissect the trichotomous nature of man.

Door

Yes, he does. In fact, he recognizes the difference when he was still an unbeliever.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
William-
You were told to ignore Door, so don't you think staying out of this thread would be a good idea?

And, fyi, I said what I said while I was still learning, and not fully comprehending the truth. Now I understand better, and you still don't understand at all.:nono:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
William-
You were told to ignore Door, so don't you think staying out of this thread would be a good idea?

And, fyi, I said what I said while I was still learning, and not fully comprehending the truth. Now I understand better, and you still don't understand at all.:nono:

While I ignored him post after post, he continued to attack me and respond to my posts to other people. Lecture your guru. I am a big boy.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
While I ignored him post after post, he continued to attack me and respond to my posts to other people. Lecture your guru. I am a big boy.
I've already dealt with him. Now put him on your ignore list, and shut up about it.

Post after post of, "I've been told to ignore you," is childish. Grow a brain, and grow up.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I've already dealt with him. Now put him on your ignore list, and shut up about it.

Post after post of, "I've been told to ignore you," is childish. Grow a brain, and grow up.

Sorry, I was not aware you are a mod. I am ambivalent about doing so. Perhaps I will try more self-control. It is hard to not challenge idiocy from you two.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Sorry, I was not aware you are a mod. I am ambivalent about doing so. Perhaps I will try more self-control. It is hard to not challenge idiocy from you two.
You know, telling him you are ignoring him every time he adresses you isn't ignoring him. So you're breaking the rules set up for you by the administration of this site. So why are you calling me an idiot?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You know, telling him you are ignoring him every time he adresses you isn't ignoring him. So you're breaking the rules set up for you by the administration of this site. So why are you calling me an idiot?

This is your thread, not his. I don't have to ignore you, but I will informally do so lest I get more grey hair or less of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.