Knight's pick 11-04-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by 1Way
Wow! Thank you all. I was over the road on my birthday, and especially thinking of TOL and my friends slash long distance associates, perhaps more than normal because I did not take my computer along with me this week, which was difficult because of ATOLWS, (pronounced at-all-s, or a-talls) ;) I think a-talls seems more fluid, ya think?

You know, Acute +OL Withdrawal Syndrome

which may accompany a sudden and prolonged lack of contact with +OL. Knight patiently and graciously took my several calls a day during the last week, but, (argh) we never got to deal with recent posts that I had been working on. So it was still difficult. Cold sweats :noway: , pre-post computation strategizing, but without a post to create or respond to :confused: , oh ya, the, where’s my keyboard hands empty feeling :geek: , and the usual thoughts of being left behind in current ongoing debates/discussions :shocked: , like your salt and light is loosing it’s value and effectiveness. :( Also, you might experience a sudden urge to reference a bible teaching :readthis: or rebuke someone :sozo2: while doing something domestic like paying for something at the cash register, or after asking for directions on the CB. :crackup:

This usually happens to those who think they are going to make just 2 quick posts within about 15 or 20 minuets, which more commonly turns into 4 or 8 posts and several hours (or more) pass by quickly. All day “adventures” may happen for those predisposed to such lavish access, but not without a great deal of biblical soul searching and hopefully redemptive bible study and witnessing.

It's good to be back. :eek:

I’m very grateful for my +OL friends and long distance brethren. Thanks for helping make my birthday a special one!
:first:

[ context ]

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Crow
:bannana: POST # 7000:bannana:

A Few of the People I've come to appreciate on TOL:

Knight--for putting up with the headache of running this site.

Turbo--always ready to help someone out and knows what he's doing.

OEJ--He doesn't tolerate garbage.

Poly--fearless under fire.

Nori--kind without caving

Jefferson--faithfully makes we get our fix of BEL and a great pro-lifer

philosophizer--quietly assesses the situation, then drops the bomb.

Sozo--I've learned a great deal from him.

elected4ever--spreads joy by constantly reminding us of Grace.

BillyBob--keeps those liberals and commies hopping.

Bob Enyart--I wouldn't be saved if it weren't for him.

Ninevah--finds great articles and jumps into any fray.

Tye Porter. When he's good he's very, very good......

ibow--a gentleman.

Goose--cool, considered, and knowledgeable

taoist--nice guy, it's a shame he's on the wrong team.

rfburnhertz--he gets some good digs in.

frugalmom--a great Christian lady.

Agent Smith--cuts right to the heart of the matter--never indecisive.

bob b--he's not loud, but you can learn a lot from watching him.

deardelmar--he's still kinda new, but he's making his mark.

Sibbie--funny and fearless.

Clete Pfeiffer--another one you learn a lot from watching.

This is the short list--I could come up with 100 others. I just want to thank all of you for making TOL such a great experience for me.:crow2:
:second:

[ context ]

Status
Not open for further replies.