Knight's BAD pick 12-30-2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Occasionally I pick a post of the day based upon it's utter stupidity.

The following is one such case.
Originally posted by Chileice

By no means do I wish to negate the VAST human tragedy of the recent tsunami in south Asia. However, perhaps as a way to look ahead, I have also been thinking of potential silver linings to the dark cloud of human suffering that this tragedy has yielded.

First- possible reconciliation between Tamils and the rest of the Sri Lankan population. Such a natural disaster puts a different face on our ethnic and regional differences.

Second- Almost a ditto of the first but for Sumatra. Many of those who were warring are probably now dead and maybe those remaining will gain a new respect for life.

Third- The need for nations to rally together. It is an opportunity to put our heads and hands to together to solve a complex problem in a way that causes us to drop petty differences.

Fourth- The broad religious scope of people that were affected: Moslems, Hindus, Buddhists and Christians all suffered. Perhaps in their intent to recover there will be a greater understanding of one another and a greater willingness to listen and be listened to.

Fifth- This has already been an eye-opening demonstration of India's willingness to play a lead role in the region. They have already sent help and aid to other countries even though they were also hard hit.

Sixth- Australia is also gaining big ups for their fast response with huge amounts of money per capita. That may be their best protection against any future terrorist activity. Maybe the US will also take a clue from Australia's example.

Seventh- It has put Iraq on the back page and might actually give the people in that country a greater chance to pull off these elections since not so many cameras are in their faces giving terrorists opportunities to "make a staement".

These are just my preliminary observations. I do hope that from the ruins we will see some positive changes emerge. Any thoughts or other silver linings you have thought of?!
:down: No context needed.

julie21

Okay, so that's why I'm donating so much money to the appeals...so that I can sleep safely in my bed at night and not worry about Indonesia etc sneaking in up north ' cos we've " BOUGHT THEM OFF and so they're indebted to us now!."
I see...:kookoo:
Shall I go running through the streets and spread the good news???

Funny that not one thought on terorism had entered my head throughout all of this!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by julie21

Okay, so that's why I'm donating so much money to the appeals...so that I can sleep safely in my bed at night and not worry about Indonesia etc sneaking in up north ' cos we've " BOUGHT THEM OFF and so they're indebted to us now!."
I see...:kookoo:
Shall I go running through the streets and spread the good news???

Funny that not one thought on terorism had entered my head throughout all of this!
:chuckle:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brother Silli

Chileice usual great wisdom.

I say that truthfully, you see the great possibilities.
Chileice-
I'd be scared, if I were you. brother Silli agreeing with you is not a good sign.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

Chileice-
I'd be scared, if I were you. brother Silli agreeing with you is not a good sign.

:darwinsm: You have a real talent for understatement. "Kiss of Death" is how I would think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.