Jesus Christ chose to do the will of God instead of his own will.

oatmeal

Jesus Christ, the son of God, obeyed his Father and God.

He chose to do not his own will but the will of the Father, the one who sent him.

Jesus Christ willfully chose to do God’s will instead of his own will, he submitted himself to do the Father’s will.

He chose for himself what he would do or not do, he chose to do God's will, therefore, he chose to not succumb to temptation but to do the will of God.

Hebrews 4:15

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

His will was a different way to die for our sins, but he willfully submitted to God's will.

Matthew 26:39

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Matthew 26:42

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luke 22:42

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Doing God's will was sustenance to Jesus Christ

John 4:34

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

John 5:30

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 6:38
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus Christ was obedient to death, not just any death but the death of the cross

Philippians 2:7-8

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

His life was the epitome, the greatest example of obedience to God.

The proper response learning of this is to likewise learn to be obedient even as Jesus Christ obeyed the Father's will.

Philippians 2

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Even as Jesus Christ being a man, not God, learned obedience to God, via being obedient to his parents, God's written word and later by revelation from God, so should we likewise learn obedience and thus see the benefits of obedience to God.

Hebrews 5:8

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Hebrews 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

There is much to be gained by learning from Jesus' example of obedience even if it contradicts our will at times.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
False dichotomy.

Jesus is God, so therefore, He, being God, did what He willed to do.

You fail to make the distinction when arguing against the trinity.

God = Father, Son, Spirit

The issue is not "did Jesus do God's will, and not his own." Rather, it's "did He do His FATHER'S will, and not His own."

I can see how someone who rejects the Trinity could easily be so confused by that rather major detail, but that's how it is.

oatmeal

False dichotomy.

The issue is not "did Jesus do God's will, and not his own." Rather, it's "did He do His FATHER'S will, and not His own."

I can see how someone who rejects the Trinity could easily be so confused by that rather major detail, but that's how it is.

You should read the verses I listed and believe what Jesus said in those verses instead of making stuff up

oatmeal

Jesus had His own will but He never made a mistake He never sinned.

Yes, Jesus had his own will, but submitted his will to do the Father's will. In other words, he honored his Father by obeying his Father.

Jesus was so absolutely committed out of love for God that he did not err, but did all things well that God wanted him to do.

Thus we read, "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, Jesus had his own will, but submitted his will to do the Father's will. In other words, he honored his Father by obeying his Father.

Jesus was so absolutely committed out of love for God that he did not err, but did all things well that God wanted him to do.

Thus we read, "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased"

Amen.

Jesus as the only begotten Son of God submitted Himself to the Father's will.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
False dichotomy.

You should read the verses I listed and believe what Jesus said in those verses instead of making stuff up

Let's see is those verses more closely match what I say vs what you say:

Hebrews 4:15

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Nope, nothing there.

Matthew 26:39

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

JudgeRightly - 1
Oatmeal - 0

Matthew 26:42

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

JudgeRightly - 2
Oatmeal - 0

Luke 22:42

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

JudgeRightly - 3
Oatmeal - 0

John 4:34

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Nada...

John 5:30

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

JudgeRightly - 4
Oatmeal - 0

John 6:38
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

What does the rest of the passage say?

And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” - John 6:35-40 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John6:35-40&version=NKJV

"Father"

JudgeRightly - 5
Oatmeal - 0

Philippians 2:7-8

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Nothing here...

Philippians 2

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

ここでも何もない...

Hebrews 5:8

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

"Son" indicates "Father"

JudgeRightly - 6
Oatmeal - 0

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Nothing about any will.

So, the final score?

JudgeRightly - 6
Oatmeal - 0

Therefore, we can rightly conclude that you need to reconsider your theology, because it CLEARLY does not match what the Bible says.

Jesus the Son submitted His will to the Father.

Jesus is God, and did what He Himself willed.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Nope, nothing there.

JudgeRightly - 1
Oatmeal - 0

JudgeRightly - 2
Oatmeal - 0

JudgeRightly - 3
Oatmeal - 0

Nada...

JudgeRightly - 4
Oatmeal - 0

And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” - John 6:35-40 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John6:35-40&version=NKJV

"Father"

JudgeRightly - 5
Oatmeal - 0

Nothing here...

ここでも何もない...

"Son" indicates "Father"

JudgeRightly - 6
Oatmeal - 0

Nothing about any will.

So, the final score?

JudgeRightly - 6
Oatmeal - 0

Therefore, we can rightly conclude that you need to reconsider your theology, because it CLEARLY does not match what the Bible says.

Like I said, why don't you read what those verses say and believe what Jesus the anointed one, the son of God, said?

He said what he meant and he meant what he said because Jesus spoke those things that God told him to speak

John 7:17

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

John 8:28

Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 12:49-50

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:10

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Read those also and believe what Jesus the anointed one, the son of God says

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Like I said, why don't you read what those verses say and believe what Jesus the anointed one, the son of God, said?

He said what he meant and he meant what he said because Jesus spoke those things that God told him to speak

John 7:17

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

John 8:28

Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 12:49-50

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:10

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Read those also and believe what Jesus the anointed one, the son of God says

Where did I deny what Jesus said or meant?

I accept everything Jesus taught. . . .

. . . As being for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.

Your argument is, "Because Jesus submitted His will to God, therefore He is not God".

This is a false premise.

Jesus, who is God, submitted His will to the FATHER, who is God.

But Jesus is NOT the Father. Nor is the Father the Son.

Jesus, being God, did what He willed to do.

Jesus, being the Son of God, submitted His will to His Father.

False dichotomy premise.

oatmeal

Nope, nothing there.

JudgeRightly - 1
Oatmeal - 0

JudgeRightly - 2
Oatmeal - 0

JudgeRightly - 3
Oatmeal - 0

Nada...

JudgeRightly - 4
Oatmeal - 0

"Father"

JudgeRightly - 5
Oatmeal - 0

Nothing here...

ここでも何もない...

"Son" indicates "Father"

JudgeRightly - 6
Oatmeal - 0

Nothing about any will.

So, the final score?

JudgeRightly - 6
Oatmeal - 0

Like I said, Jesus did not do his own will but submitted himself to do the will of God, his Father.

What his will might have been, I don't know, but Jesus did not do his own will, as the son of God, he obediently did the will of God, his Father.

Jesus had his own will and thankfully did not do his own will but the will of God

oatmeal

Jesus Christ in his absolute loving obedience, even to death, the death of the cross, is the example of obedience that we are to learn from and imitate, fortunately though, not to death, for the death of Jesus Christ enables us to be living sacrifices to God,

Romans 12:1

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

As Philippians 2:5 points out

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

We should choose to be obedient to God and think in those terms and live that way because being obedient to God is the right thing to do and it is always profitable to ourselves and to others.

Just like Jesus Christ did, we must put put aside our own will and submit ourselves to obediently carry out God's will.

Philippians 2:12-13

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

What will be the result of our obedience?

God will exalt us and he has, for we have been seated in the heavenlies on the right hand of God even as Jesus Christ has been.

Ephesians 2:6

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Jesus seated at the right hand of God

Ephesians 1:20

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Who did this? God did that for Jesus Christ and for us.

Acts 2:34

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Acts 7:55-56

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Romans 8:34

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Colossians 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Hebrews 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Hebrews 1:13

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Hebrews 8:1

Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

1 Peter 3:22

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Where is Jesus seated?

a. in God's throne?

b. at the right hand of the throne of God

c. at the right hand of God

d. b and c, not a

Jesus did the will of God, his Father, not his own, therefore God highly exalted him.

Philippians 2:9

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Who highly exalted Jesus Christ?

a. he did it himself

b. God did

Scripture says God highly exalted him

Who

oatmeal

So why did you make a statement like that ?

Didn't you read the scriptures I provided?

You must have in order to have asked that question.

What did Jesus pray to God for three times in the garden before he was arrested?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Oatmeal has a legitimate point. God the Son isn't God the Father although a divine being. But before he came down, while on earth and now back in heaven, God the Son would still and always yield to doing the will of the Father. The Son would do what his divine parents would do.

Just like Lucifer who did the will of the Father .....until he decided NOT to! Ezekiel 28:15 15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.