ECT IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE ONE'S HEART AND MIND FILLED WITH HATRED AND STILL BE A SAVED?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've noticed quite a number of posters on TOL appear to be full of hatred for someone or something. When we become a "Child of God" we are sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit. Where the Holy Spirit dwells, is there still enough room for hatred of others or things? Can you earnestly say: "I'm a true Christian who is indwelled by the Holy Spirit yet, I hate so and so or this and that?" I'm looking for opinions on this subject. Is there someone on TOL or in your life that you wish something terrible would happen to them because, you HATE that person?

TweetyBird

I've noticed quite a number of posters on TOL appear to be full of hatred for someone or something. When we become a "Child of God" we are sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit. Where the Holy Spirit dwells, is there still enough room for hatred of others or things? Can you earnestly say: "I'm a true Christian who is indwelled by the Holy Spirit yet, I hate so and so or this and that?" I'm looking for opinions on this subject. Is there someone on TOL or in your life that you wish something terrible would happen to them because, you HATE that person?

Are you looking for confirmation for the things you have said about those who have disagreed with your MAD theology?

turbosixx

Another excellent question. Can't wait to see the replies.

As for me, I say no. You shall know a tree by it's fruit.

Gal. 5:18 But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

AgainstAll

Galatians 5:19-22

Galatians 5:24

Ephesians 4:17-29

Hebrews 10:26-29

Hebrews 9:13-14

1 Corinthians 10:13

Philippians 1:6

Revelation 22:14-15

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Full of hate" seems to imply that there is nothing you don't hate.
I don't anyone hates everything.
But they can sure hate some things.

But to answer the gist of your question, I would answer 'yes'.
There is a righteous hate.
GOD hates.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.​

So, yeah, I think one can hate and be saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"Full of hate" seems to imply that there is nothing you don't hate.
I don't anyone hates everything.
But they can sure hate some things.

But to answer the gist of your question, I would answer 'yes'.
There is a righteous hate.
GOD hates.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.​

So, yeah, I think one can hate and be saved.

That kind of "Righteous Hate" is okay. You're correct. However, not the kind of hate I see around TOL. I can't condone that.

marhig

God and hate don't mix, it's a work of the flesh, the only thing God hates is evil and he hates it with a perfect hatred not a fleshly hated like we do, it's loving the person but hating the sin. And fleshly hatred is an evil work of the flesh and comes from the father of lies, Satan.

Galatians 5

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

And how could anyone with Christ in their hearts hate? And so much so to wish bad on others? If we are like that then we aren't being led by the holy spirit and we don't belong to Christ, and Jesus taught us to love our enemies and to do good to those that hate us and follow him!