Introduction

Iconodule

Hi there. I'm new. I am an Orthodox Christian but that was not one of the options in the sign-up, so I just picked "Christian."

bybee

Hi there. I'm new. I am an Orthodox Christian but that was not one of the options in the sign-up, so I just picked "Christian."

Welcome to TOL. Feel free to ask questions on how to navigate this site. Someone will always help you.
Also, this is a fairly accommodating place. So long as you don't blaspheme, use vulgar language or deliberately antagonize other members without provocation whyyyyyy you're good to go!

Spitfire

Mmmmm Catholic here doesn't necessarily have to mean Roman Catholic, as far as I know. I've always seen it as more of a blanket term for those crazy old-school Christians who mess around with things like sacraments, icons, and deutero-canonical texts.

Iconodule

Mmmmm Catholic here doesn't necessarily have to mean Roman Catholic, as far as I know. I've always seen it as more of a blanket term for those crazy old-school Christians who mess around with things like sacraments, icons, and deutero-canonical texts.

Quite so, but in popular parlance "Catholic" means "in communion with Rome." I also note that it says "Catholic" alone, and not "Catholic Christian," whereas the descriptor "Protestant Christian" is given for Protestants.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Spitfire

I also note that it says "Catholic" alone, and not "Catholic Christian," whereas the descriptor "Protestant Christian" is given for Protestants.
That does indeed say a lot about the point of view that prevails here. :p

Though I'm not completely sure what the difference between "Christian" and "Protestant Christian" is supposed to be if both mean some kind of non-catholic Christian.

keypurr

Welcome, we think differently, but we can get along. You have found the worlds best web site.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcomesmile3.gif