ECT "I am dead in Christ" __ What does that mean?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
0 Bible results for “I am dead in Christ.”

Book of Amos
Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the following:

Double-check spelling, especially people and place names.
Make sure there are spaces between words. Bible Gateway treats “nameoftheFather” and “name of the Father” differently.
Use fewer words in your search, especially if you’re unsure of the exact phrase. For example, “baptizing name Father” and “baptizing them in the name of the Father” will both return Matthew 28:19; however, the latter leaves a greater chance for spelling and syntax errors.
Retry your search in another translation.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain

DAN P

Are you really understanding what you so "glibbly" claim?

Whose first?

Hi and since you did not use verse and there many to say what you mean , like Gal 2:20 or Rom 6:3 !

All that are saved , the Spirit of God BAPTIZO / PLACES into His death on the Cross as that is what BAPTIZO means in Rom 6:3 !!

Are you going to call it " GLIB " ?

So , do you have another verse in mind ?

dan p

oatmeal

Romans 6:8
Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Romans 6:11
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:10
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:14
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 5:14
Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Colossians 2:20
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Cross Reference

Maybe if all you 'scholars' would get understanding of Galatians 2:20 KJV you would understand that is what Paul was saying about himself. "I am dead in Christ that He might live from me because it is His Faith that gives me life". .

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Maybe if all you 'scholars' would get understanding of Galatians 2:20 you would understand that is what Paul was saying about himself. "I am dead in Christ that He might live from me because it is His Faith that gives me life". .

what version are you using?

musterion

Maybe if all you 'scholars' would get understanding of Galatians 2:20 you would understand that is what Paul was saying about himself. "I am dead in Christ that He might live from me because it is His Faith that gives me life". .

Way to rewrite Scripture, you punk. Why read The Living Bible paraphrase when we have you?

DAN P

Maybe if all you 'scholars' would get understanding of Galatians 2:20 KJV you would understand that is what Paul was saying about himself. "I am dead in Christ that He might live from me because it is His Faith that gives me life". .

Hi and since I guessed right , What does Gal 2:20 mean ??

Will you explain or BAIL OUT ??

DAN P

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
. . .and I didn't say it was a quote from the KJV, did I? It is a quote from my own data base.

Why not let it stand on its own and go from there. Is it accurate or not? Why/why not?

okay
let's see
are you in Christ?
I say yes
are you dead?
I say no

oatmeal

Galatians 2:20 (KJV 1900)
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20 KJV

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Who is] first?

"Ro 6:8 we shall also live with Him. The context suggests that Paul means not only that believers will live in the presence of Christ for eternity, but also that all who have died with Christ, which is true of all believers, will live a life here that is fully consistent with His holiness." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1703). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.