ECT How do we obey God?

brinny

The key word here is "love". The love specifically that God pours into our hearts. It's THAT love that enables us to live out His commandments that He said sums it all up.

THIS is obedience, and fulfills the commandments Jesus gave us.

Thank you kindly.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is the difference between how a person obeys God and what commands of God they are to obey?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The key word here is "love". The love specifically that God pours into our hearts. It's THAT love that enables us to live out His commandments that He said sums it all up.

THIS is obedience, and fulfills the commandments Jesus gave us.

Thank you kindly.
We can be enabled to love, is what you are saying. But how do we love (not how is it possible that we can love) God and others? Some people have the capacity to love. Or some people can love because God made them able to love.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think you love God by loving your neighbor
and
you love your neighbor by doing unto them as you would have them do unto you
I know that, "what is hateful to you do not do to any person". What Jesus said here that you are referring to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" seems more positive, though both are true and we should abide by both.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
By following the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church, which the Lord founded to guide and teach the faithful in his own name and by his very authority (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
I am asking "how do we obey God?" not "how do we obey God?".

Of course if you bring in the Roman Catholic Church I say that doesn't answer the question. It makes me want to say we should go by what the Bible says. Nice verses by the way.

But the question was "how"? Some believe they have the capacity to love God and love others, or have been enabled by God to love God and others. Perhaps these, or the more general question of how (how does a person obey God), should be examined more closely.

Some don't know what the commands of God are. Others don't know how to obey them. It makes sense to involve God's commands, but the question was how to obey God (how do we obey God).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Blind_Leading_the_Blind_by_Lee_Mclaughlin.jpg

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We know we should obey God. In this we should love God and love our neighbor. How do we, or how should we, obey God?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the first person we should try to obey. But we have to actually obey, not just try.

Are sure you can avoid sin at all?

I don't think so. If you have that much faith, you can perform miracles like Jesus did.

Can you perform miracle like Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are sure you can avoid sin at all?

I don't think so. If you have that much faith, you can perform miracles like Jesus did.

Can you perform miracle like Jesus?
You asked if I won't sin. What if I can't sin? I am not saying I can't... but nobody should test anyone to see if they will.