ECT How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

dodge

How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22-23 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

Gal 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Gal 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

If Paul preached the faith He once destroyed, how can it be a "different gospel"?

It is obvious to any one not caught up in the errors of MAD that MAD is a twist and out of context acceptance of what scripture does NOT teach.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 9
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22-23 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

Gal 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Gal 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

If Paul preached the faith He once destroyed, how can it be a "different gospel"?

It is obvious to any one not caught up in the errors of MAD that MAD is a twist and out of context acceptance of what scripture does NOT teach.
What a simpleton you are

Danoh

The faith he had once destroyed refers to that movement of faith in Christ back when he was lost.

THE Faith - that movement of people asserting their faith in Christ.

And what had that faith in Christ been?

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

And...

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

You have proven nothing but your own reading into a thing, once more.

dodge

Danoh;
You have proven nothing but your own reading into a thing, once more.

No what I have proved is that MADist have to even take Paul out of context and twist God's word to stay in MAD again.

dodge

Acts 9
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

That does not change that Paul was preaching the same faith he "once destroyed" !

Danoh

No what I have proved is that MADist have to even take Paul out of context and twist God's word to stay in MAD again.

WHO were they preaching faith in?

And WHO was he now preaching faith in?

And BOTH preachings had what same issue in common?

His RESURRECTION.

Acts 26:6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers: 26:7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews. 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

:doh:

dodge

WHO were they preaching faith in?

And WHO was he now preaching faith in?

And BOTH preachings had what same issue in common?

His RESURRECTION.

Acts 26:6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers: 26:7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews. 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

:doh:

Danoh, the verse says what it says without the commentary to rip it out of context.

Paul preached the very faith that he once destroyed, which means YOUR foundation is built on sand.

Danoh

Danoh, the verse says what it says without the commentary to rip it out of context.

Paul preached the very faith that he once destroyed, which means YOUR foundation is built on sand.

No passage stands alone, Isaiah 8:20; Matt. 4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; and your ignoring of that is not going to change it's fact.

All you are doing is reading what you think that passage is saying INTO it.

Fact is, you are doing what you accuse the MADist, so called or otherwise, of doing - of basing a thing on reading INTO ONE passage.

You are nowhere even near qualified to comment on these issues.

You think you are.

As I pointed out before, you do not appear to be aware of Bible study principles.

Result being that you remain oblivious to your violating them, as you splash around in your obviously ill-informed hunches as "the Spirit's" supposed "leading" :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame

Explain the good news/gospel Judas preached.

You won't.

john w

Hall of Fame

That "take (fill in the blank)... out of context and twist God's word to (fill in the blank)" stumper/cliche can be employed to "shut down" any debate, on any topic, thrilling/mesmerizing the audience, against any interpretive method, whether it be MAD, Catholicism, JW-ism, Mormon-ism, Preterism.............................................................................................................................................

It's a real head scratcher, debate ender, that bamboozles us all.

Quite weighty, dodgeball. That is all of you have in your gun/arsenal? Teach us. Puh-wease?

dodge

No passage stands alone, Isaiah 8:20; Matt. 4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; and your ignoring of that is not going to change it's fact.

All you are doing is reading what you think that passage is saying INTO it.

Fact is, you are doing what you accuse the MADist, so called or otherwise, of doing - of basing a thing on reading INTO ONE passage.

You are nowhere even near qualified to comment on these issues.

You think you are.

As I pointed out before, you do not appear to be aware of Bible study principles.

Result being that you remain oblivious to your violating them, as you splash around in your obviously ill-informed hunches as "the Spirit's" supposed "leading" :chuckle:

Got ya, no passage means what it says unless you filter it through different times and different places based on YOUR error.

That verse says plainly that Paul preached the same faith he once destroyed no matter how you try to spin the context to stay in ERROR.

You have studied others who were in error and all you do is justify their and your error. YOU have studied yourself right out of believing the TRUTH of the vast majority of scripture ! NO thanks.

YOUR errors does not disqualify me or others pointing out your errors. GROW UP.

john w

Hall of Fame
Got ya, no passage means what it says unless you filter it through different times and different places based on YOUR error.

Another debate ender, example of brilliance.

Next up?: It is what it is....The truth is, the truth is the truth...

That verse says plainly that Paul preached the same faith he once destroyed no matter how you try to spin the context to stay in ERROR.

Now I see-"plainly!" Why didn't I think of that!!!! Must have been that "out of context" bible.... That "plainly" stumper always convinces the audience, "clinches" the point you are attempting to make.

Cricket....cricket....