Houston to Katy

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After eight years here in Houston we move to Katy Texas twenty-five miles west.

It's a home healthcare situation for us, and it is a needful thing. I'm already faced with no night driving, and avoiding stairs, our doctors are ground level so that is covered.

The packing and boxing is done, now we wait for is Friday moving day.

So I'll be in and out here at TOL, I can use the cellphone till our internet connection is established.

Just moving, not leaving like we told at the nursing home.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My wife's brother and his family live in Katy. If we ever get down there again...

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Katy pretty much is Houston at this point ... urban creep being what it is.
Right, the Interstate 10 and Texas 99 brought more revenue when the Katy opening tax base area was voted on.

We like old Katy, it'll be old for a while longer then once again the populace with discover "Katy"

Our home healthcare family, I think we'll be in good care. The young man seated is our 6'7" grandson Joshua.

fzappa13

Right, the Interstate 10 and Texas 99 brought more revenue when the Katy opening tax base area was voted on.

We like old Katy, it'll be old for a while longer then once again the populace with discover "Katy"

Our home healthcare family, I think we'll be in good care. The young man seated is our 6'7" grandson Joshua.

That's a lotta Josh ... good thing it's Texas. Plenty of room.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
keep moving
not the kind that requires packing and unpacking boxes
walk outside early in the morning when the sun comes up
it must be hot and humid there
I can still ride a bike
actually feel more comfortable on the bike than walking
hope to do it as long as possible
keep moving

pqmomba8

I lived in Houston in the 90's. (Back then, worked at Compaq...anyone remember that little computer company?) Like the city but the climate there...uggghhhhhh.

Anyway, here's an interesting fact about Houston - it's the largest (area wise) city in the U.S. Take THAT NYC (the center of the Universe. :))

fzappa13

After seeing it for the first time as a newly minted high school grad ushering his buddy off to Rice I dubbed Houston "The Spaghetti Bowl". Even the outer loop is convoluted.

Last edited: