Greywolf's POTD May 9, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greywolf

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1101554&postcount=183
kmoney said:
I am not apathetic. Neither do I believe I am nicer than God. If thinking your opening post was disgusting means I'm nicer than God, then I guess I am, but I'm quite OK with that. Like I said, I don't want to act any differently than I have done so in this thread.

You want to put a stigma on homosexual behavior? You don't need to sing a song and use "fun" smilies and call the dead homosexual names to do so.

Tough love? You think singing "Another one bites the dust" is demonstrating tough love? No, it's being needlessly offensive. Calling him a dirtbag loser is not tough love. It's being needlessly offensive. Why do you do it? Because you can? Because Jesus called the Pharisees vipers? Is that why? When a homosexuals dies your heart should break, your mouth shouldn't break into song. It is one more unsaved person who has no chance at getting right with God. That makes you sing? Why? That prompts you to call him a dirtbag loser? Why? That isn't tough love. You have twisted tough love into something that allows you to take a horrible attitude toward a homosexual dying.

Oh, you might say being offensive is OK because Jesus did it and didn't care. Poly already quoted that passage. Jesus had just scolded the pharisees for being hypocritical and Jesus told the disciples to not worry about offending them. Is that what you're doing CRASH? Are you calling out hypocritical Christians? No, you're singing about the death of a homosexual and calling him a dirtbag loser. You take the fact that Jesus used some stern language, and yes, a few times he called someone names, and turn it onto a license to be a jerk and completely offend people at will and you do it all in the name of Jesus in an effort to not be nicer than God or demonstrate "tough love". Do you really think you are being effective? You, and many others on TOL, seem to think the only way to demonstrate the love of Jesus is to call people names and be extremely harsh, that simply isn't true. And what is the general reaction? A bad one, that's the type of reaction you get.

How many words of Jesus are recorded in the bible? Now, how many show Jesus name-calling or acting like you do on TOL? A small percentage. This isn't about whether or not it's the "Christian" thing to do to call people names or whatever, it's about the heart behind it. It's about being an effective witness for Christ. Do you think you are being effective? Do you think people see the love of Jesus in you?

I hate to do this, but WWJD? If a homosexual died, would Jesus break into song and call him a dirtbag loser? I sincerely do not think so. Jesus would not condone homosexuality (and neither do I) but I DO NOT believe He would resort to the things you say and do.

You think you are stigmatizing a sinful and destructive behavior but there are better ways to try to do that. Your opening post is a disgusting attempt to do so. All you are doing is pushing people away. And I find it equally disgusting that you use Jesus as a way to justify it. :nono:

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.