ECT Great Commission

SaulToPaul 2

Matthew 28
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

These apostles had no intention of going into all of the world (and they didn't) until the LORD returned unto them (when they will complete the mission).

Matthew 10
23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These apostles had no intention of going into all of the world (and they didn't) until the LORD returned unto them (when they will complete the mission).

The Apostles couldn't go into all the world until the new covenant was made, and until they received the Holy Spirit on Pentecost.

After the new covenant was made, Jesus told these same Apostles the following:

(Acts 1:8 KJV) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

It's really simple. Before the NC, they were told not to leave Judah.

After the NC, they were told to go to the whole world.

Years later, Paul tells us the gospel was preached to every creature under heaven.

SaulToPaul 2

The Apostles couldn't go into all the world until the new covenant was made, and until they received the Holy Spirit on Pentecost.

(Acts 1:8 KJV) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Years later, Paul tells us the gospel was preached to every creature under heaven.

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

You can check the context of Matthew 10, it matches that of Matthew 24.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

every creature

andyc

Matthew 28
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matthew 10
23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

The part highlighted indicates that Jesus was in fact addressing the church on behalf of his disciples/apostles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

That's a reference to 70AD.

They hadn't finished preaching in all the towns of Israel when Jesus returned in 70AD

You can check the context of Matthew 10, it matches that of Matthew 24.

Yes, both support the return of Jesus in 70AD

What point are you trying to make?

In Matt 10:5 Jesus tells them not to go amongst the Samaritans or Gentiles.

After the cross (the NC is in place), in Matt 28 and Acts 1, they are told to go to all the world.

Matt 10:23 is a Preterist proof text.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(Col 1:23 KJV) If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Who do you think preached the gospel to every creature under heaven?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
(Col 1:23 KJV) If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Who do you think preached the gospel to every creature under heaven?

'proclaimed in all creation under heaven' meaning the known world(Roman Empire), not to every single individual on the planet.

DAN P

Hi and what does " THE HOLY SPIRIT " mean ??

What does " HOLY SPIRIT " means in the above paragraph ?

If you will not explain why the Greek Article is used and THEN not used , try a different REPLY !!

DAN P

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
'proclaimed in all creation under heaven' meaning the known world(Roman Empire), not to every single individual on the planet.

You bible corrector. You "originals-onlyist"

How dare you not believe what the KJB says?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
KJVO's hate the Greek.

Anyway, I agree with you on this one.

Since you're a Dispy, what is the point you are trying to make?

Paul, Barnabas, Silas, Timothy, etc. preached the gospel of the uncircumcision in all the known world.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul, Barnabas, Silas, Timothy, etc. preached the gospel of the uncircumcision in all the known world.

Who was Jesus talking to in the following verse?

(Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.