Glossary of terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sozo

Since some you think that I am too harsh, rude, crude, or distasteful in my accusations of those who teach another gospel, I have decided to give you a glossary of the terms I use so that there is no misunderstanding about what I am saying.

I would not want anyone to get the wrong ideas about my descriptions or intentions :D

Self-Righteous: A self-righteous person is someone who claims that they have accepted Christ by faith, and not by works, and then turns around and says that in order for them to maintain fellowship with God or relationship they must perform certain deeds or obey the commandments (keep the Law) to maintain that righteousness. This people are double-minded and contradictory.

Pervert: in my descriptions, these people pervert the truth, because they think that what they do is the way to godliness, not who they are. Some of them then claim that having that self-made godliness is the means to rewards...

"If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself."

Pig or Dog: A pig/dog is someone who claims to be a Christian and yet they teach that one is accountable through the Law to be acceptable. They have turned back to their former manner of life, and trusting in their work, rather than in the works of Christ.

"It has happened to them according to the true proverb, "A dog returns to its own vomit," and, "A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire."

Anti-Christ: The word "anti" does not always mean against, but also means in place of. Those who are "anti-Christ" on this website, want to replace the works of Christ with their own works. They continually teach that what Jesus did does not make them holy, complete, sanctified, righteous, or free from sin, but rather those things are accomplished by what they do either by themselves or through some phantom "cooperation" with God, thus making themselves co-redeemers.

These terms are similar, but I use them sometimes together, and sometimes on their own. The point is that they are applicable to the situation at hand, and not simply personal attacks. They are pertinent to each individual case.

Status
Not open for further replies.