ECT glorydaz says that Romans is Written to Unbelievers

Jerry Shugart

On another thread I said that the tenth chapter of the epistle to the Romans was written to believers.

In response, glorydaz said this:

"You SHALL BE SAVED" rules out your claim this is written to believers.

Here is the verse which she was making reference:

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Ro.10:8-9).​

When we examine the "context" we can see that Paul was merely telling the believers what he preached to the unsaved:

"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Ro.10:8-9).​

He is telling these believers what he preaches to the unsaved--"the word of faith which we preach." After all, this epistles is written to those who already believe, as witnessed by what Paul said about their faith:

"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world" (Ro.1:8).​

Not only that, after Paul explained what He preached to the unbelievers He then calls unbelievers "they" which he would not do if his words are being addressed to unbelievers:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Ro.10:14).​

If this chapter was addressed to unbelievers then it would read:

"How then shall you call on him in whom you have not believed? and how shall you believe in him of whom you have not heard? and how shall you hear without a preacher?"

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved.

And if the tenth chapter is addressed to unbelievers then the whole epistle is meant for unbelievers. Or else you would have to tear out the tenth chapter and give it to the unbelievers. So it cannot be denied that if glorydaz is correct then Romans is written to unbelievers even though only one chapter of that epistle applies to them.

However, none of what is said in the epistle to the Romans is addressed to unbelievers.

Last edited:

glorydaz

On another thread I said that the epistle to the Romans was written to believers.

Of course she was referring to this passage:

"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life" (Ro.5:9-10).​

I told her this:

The phase "You SHALL BE SAVED" is referring to the fact that our earthly bodies will be delivered from infirmity which comes on it when we will put on glorious bodies just like the Lord Jesus' glorious body.

I also said:

I find it impossible that the epistle to the Romans was written to unbelievers, as witnessed by what Paul says here:

"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world"
(Ro.1:7-8).​

Paul tells those who received this epistle "your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world."

Despite this evidence that the epistle was written to believers glorydaz continues to insist that it was written to unbelievers.

I have seen no one on this forum who is more confused that glorydaz.

What do you people say? Was it written to believers or unbelievers?

A half truth is a full lie. LIAR.

john w

Hall of Fame
Come on believers!

Is the epistle to the Romans written to believers or non-believers?

"I have seen no one on this forum who is more confused that glorydaz."-you

Proverbs 16 KJV

28 A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.

1 Cor. 1 KJV
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Proverbs 28 KJV

25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat.

"more confused," eh Jerry? That's quite a statement, an emotional, "all encompassing" assertion, not worthy of a member of the boc.

You're not that bored, are you, where you have to start an "inflaming" thread?

Knock it off.

Close this thread, and apologize to D of G. "Come on, believer!"

Danoh

On another thread I said that the epistle to the Romans was written to believers.

Of course she was referring to this passage:

"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life" (Ro.5:9-10).​

I told her this:

The phase "You SHALL BE SAVED" is referring to the fact that our earthly bodies will be delivered from infirmity which comes on it when we will put on glorious bodies just like the Lord Jesus' glorious body.

I also said:

I find it impossible that the epistle to the Romans was written to unbelievers, as witnessed by what Paul says here:

"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world"
(Ro.1:7-8).​

Paul tells those who received this epistle "your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world."

Despite this evidence that the epistle was written to believers glorydaz continues to insist that it was written to unbelievers.

I have seen no one on this forum who is more confused that glorydaz.

What do you people say? Was it written to believers or unbelievers?

Lol; what a character you are - you make an enemy due to your ignorance and dishonesty and then turn that into another thread by which to hopefully coerce others to your delusions of grandeur.

Jerry Shugart

Lol; what a character you are - you make an enemy due to your ignorance and dishonesty and then turn that into another thread by which to hopefully coerce others to your delusions of grandeur.

What dishonesty?

All you can do on this forum is follow glorydaz around and parrot what she says.

If you are going to accuse me of being dishonest then give your proof.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Of course you call me a liar because I exposed your error. You call me a liar and then you give no evidence that I ever lied about what I said in my OP.

Where is your evidence that I lied?

Stop being a "Knucklehead." Glorydaz IS one
of the most knowledgeable, honest, and "Truest
Believers" on TOL!!

Jerry Shugart

Knock it off.

Close this thread, and apologize to G of D. "Come on, believer!"

Why would you disapprove of me doing exactly what Paul told us to do?:

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:1-4).​

Or perhaps you think that the epistle to the Romans was written to unbelievers?

Do you?

Jerry Shugart

Stop being a "Knucklehead." Glorydaz IS one
of the most knowledgeable, honest, and "Truest
Believers" on TOL!!

First of all, you defend glorydaz when she calls me a liar and that without giving any evidence that I did in fact lie.

Then you call me a knucklehead, following in her habit of namecalling against those who do not agree with her ideas.

And last, if you think that she is one of the most knowledgeable people on TOL then why don't you defend her position that the epistle to the Romans was written to unbelievers?

Danoh

Notice how Jerry keeps side stepping the obvious, focused instead on his incessant need to corner one and all into his attempts to prove them wrong about one issue or another.

Just watch him respond to this post from his actual agenda once more.

Bait away, Jerry...

Danoh

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:1-4).​

Do you?

Lol, you baiter, you...

john w

Hall of Fame

Do you?

Go ahead, and bray like a jack___, Jerry. And nice use the 2 Tim. passage, in the wrong context. If it's not, then go ahead, and lay it out for us. That is, we are all busy men/women-tell us,that D of G:

-does not preach sound doctrine
-turns others from the truth
-fits "after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;"
-turns others to fables

You know, or should know, what the issue/context Paul was addressing in 2 Tim. KJV, or you should know. And it's not what of which you are accusing G of D.

Now, I'm telling you. Apologize to her, and close this thread. "Quit yourself" like a man.

Let me guess: You won't, as you are always right-right, Jerry? That is your MO on TOL.

Jerry Shugart

Notice how Jerry keeps side stepping the obvious, focused instead on his incessant need to corner one and all into his attempts to prove them wrong about one issue or another.

Just watch him respond to this post from his actual agenda once more.

Bait away, Jerry...

You have never even attempted to address the subject of this thread because you know that you cannot defend what glorydaz said so you do the next best thing--you attack me personally.

Do you really think that doing that helps you defend what glorydaz said?

Jerry Shugart

Go ahead, and bray like a jack___, Jerry

Do you never answer questions? Do you agree with glorydaz that Romans was written to unbelievers?.

And nice use the 2 Tim. passage, in the wrong context. If it's not, then go ahead, and lay it out for us. That is, we are all busy men/women-tell us,that D of G:

-does not preach sound doctrine
-turns others from the truth
-fits "after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;"
-turns others to fables

If you think that the idea that Romans is written to unbelievers is sound doctrine then answer what I said on my OP. And it is entirely possible that her unsound teaching might turn others from the truth that Romans is written to believers. And it is glorydaz's lust to always be right that lead her to say that Romans is written to the unsaved. And if others follow her false idea then they will turn their ears from the truth that the epistle to the Romans was written to believers.

This teaching of glorydaz needs to be exposed as being untrue before it finds a foothold among those searching for the truth.

You obviously have no interest in exposing the untruth that Romans is written to unbelievers. You would rather defend the one who teaches something that is not true.

Let me guess: You won't, as you are always right-right, Jerry? That is your MO on TOL.

Oh yea? Just today on the Mary thread (Rome: Mary, Together With Christ, Redeemed the Human Race) I admitted that I made a mistake and I apologized. I don't believe that I ever remember you doing that!

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you never answer questions? Do you agree with glorydaz that Romans was written to unbelievers?.

If you think that the idea that Romans is written to unbelievers is sound doctrine then answer what I said on my OP. And it is entirely possible that her unsound teaching might turn others from the truth that Romans is written to believers. And it is glorydaz's lust to always be right that lead her to say that Romans is written to the unsaved. And if others follow her false idea then they will turn their ears from the truth that the epistle to the Romans was written to believers.

This teaching of glorydaz needs to be exposed as being untrue before it finds a foothold among those searching for the truth.

You obviously have no interest in exposing the untruth that Romans is written to unbelievers. You would rather defend the one who teaches something that is not true.

Oh yea? Just today on the Mary thread (Rome: Mary, Together With Christ, Redeemed the Human Race) I admitted that I made a mistake and I apologized. I don't believe that I ever remember you doing that!

"Do you never answer questions?...You obviously have no interest in exposing the untruth"-you

=spam, as you trash almost everyone with that word for word spam. Why? Because you bray like a.............,and are obviously always right.

Apologize to her-now. Close this thread.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I think Glorydaz should be flogged.

She is a great witness [and I've had rows with her] but she gives a good witness for the Lord.

john w

Hall of Fame
You have never even attempted to address the subject of this thread because you know that you cannot defend what glorydaz said so you do the next best thing--you attack me personally.

Do you really think that doing that helps you defend what glorydaz said?

"You have never even attempted to address the subject of this thread because you know that you cannot defend what glorydaz said so you do the next best thing--you attack me personally."

=word for word spam

Jerry Shugart

Is it not written to both believers and unbelievers?

If it was written to both, then I cannot understand why Paul would say this:

"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world" (Ro.1:7-8).​

That would be a strange way for Paul to begin his epistle if he was addressing both believers and non-believers.

And do you believe Paul's words here are addressed to unbelievers?:

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God" (Romans 5:1-2).​