Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have had many debates here at TruthSmack over various issues. I would like for this thread to be open for discussion or debate by students only. I'll start the topic for this thread but students are free to start "student only" discussions on other topics they might be interested in.
Topic: Should Christians Judge?

Elaine

Only if they are not guilty of the sin they are judging. If they committed the sin as well, then they are hypocrites.

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Elaine
Only if they are not guilty of the sin they are judging. If they committed the sin as well, then they are hypocrites.

Elaine made a point that I did not. She's right. But if they are going to hurt or kill somebody else, then I think it's ok to correct them. Even if they had made the same mistake. Learn from peoples mistakes. (As well as your own.)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: For students only

Originally posted by Poly
We have had many debates here at TruthSmack over various issues. I would like for this thread to be open for discussion or debate by students only. I'll start the topic for this thread but students are free to start "student only" discussions on other topics they might be interested in.
Topic: Should Christians Judge?
One thing I'd like to add is that it might be a good idea to give reasoning for your ideas and beliefs. On what basis do you come to your conclusions?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by taoist
(My judgment is that we're all students, so long as we're still breathing.)
Well, I'd rather this be for the younger students. Not us elderly people. :D

taoist

Christine;
Actually, Elaine and Shadowmaid are both fourteen. Elaine is in the ninth grade.

taoist;
I'm 44. Make fun of my age and I'll beat you with my cane, carved out of a dinosaur I kilt myself back when I was your age.

Christine;
You don't seem old to me.

taoist;
Far be it from me to disagree with such a charming young lady.

Poly;
Well, I'd rather this be for the younger students. Not us elderly people.

taoist;
Far be it from me to disagree with such a charming young lady.

Ono;
I bet you say that to all the girls.

Jesse;
And I mean it every time.

Elaine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
Elaine made a point that I did not. She's right. But if they are going to hurt or kill somebody else, then I think it's ok to correct them. Even if they had made the same mistake. Learn from people's mistakes. (As well as your own.)
True, but if they're going to kill someone else, and another person has committed the same sin, then they should still not be able to criticize them, due to having been executed...

Elaine

Re: Re: For students only

Re: Re: For students only

Originally posted by Poly
One thing I'd like to add is that it might be a good idea to give reasoning for your ideas and beliefs. On what basis do you come to your conclusions?
I'll put some references up for that later. :D

The Beckinator

i think christians should judge other christians as long as their not being a hypocrite about it........it says in the Bible,Do not judge,so that you will not be judged.For in the way you judge, you will be judged;and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

The Beckinator

well...ok I'm 16 f oklahoma...i like football, any sport...i'm in the 10th grade.. i have 1 older brother and a younger sister, my dad's a youth pastor......and i can't think about anything else!

Elaine

Originally posted by The Beckinator
....not im a chick!!
:doh: Sorry. I just assumed you were a boy when I saw your interests. I was wondering about it when I saw your avatar, though...so, are you homeschooled?

ibowatjesusfeet

Cosmic Redneck
What kind of students is the for? I'm student of life, a student of philosophy, a student of um...er...I go to college, does that count?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ibowatjesusfeet
What kind of students is the for? I'm student of life, a student of philosophy, a student of um...er...I go to college, does that count?
hmmm...ok, ok college age and younger. (no not you ol' fogeys that are going back to college either.)