ECT Everything about justification?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know the word justification from the Bible. What can we learn about it? What does it mean to be justified? What is justification?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Justification means justice was served.
Lexicon :: Strong's G1347 - dikaiōsis δικαίωσις Transliteration dikaiōsis
Pronunciation dē-kī'-ō-sēs
(Key) Part of Speech feminine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From δικαιόω (G1344)

Outline of Biblical Usage

I. the act of God declaring men free from guilt and acceptable to him

II. abjuring to be righteous, justification

δικαίωσις dikaíōsis, dik-ah'-yo-sis; from G1344; aquittal (for Christ's sake):—justification.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is possible to be forgiven your sin.
The sin/sins issue was settled 2000 years ago!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"What does the word 'justification' mean?", is the question.

I already answered the question. And notice how we are justified!

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree, but the good news is:

Romans 4:25 KJV
The word justification is found in the following verses in the Bible.

Romans 4:25 KJV - 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:16 KJV, Romans 5:18 KJV - 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. ... 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
The sin/sins issue was settled 2000 years ago!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I'm forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). Aren't you?
This is for those who have repented of their sin to become believers, whose faith is in God.
I already answered the question. And notice how we are justified!

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Here is the word as it appears in the New Testament (that which is written by Paul is in blue).

Matthew 11:19 KJV - 19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Matthew 12:37 KJV - 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Luke 7:29 KJV, Luke 7:35 KJV - 29 And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. ... 35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

Luke 18:14 KJV - 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Acts 13:39 KJV - 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans 2:13 KJV - 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Romans 3:4 KJV, Romans 3:20 KJV, Romans 3:24 KJV, Romans 3:28 KJV - 4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. ... 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. ... 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: ... 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:2 KJV - 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Romans 5:1 KJV, Romans 5:9 KJV - 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: ... 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Romans 8:30 KJV - 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

1 Corinthians 4:4 KJV - 4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV - 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Galatians 2:16-17 KJV - 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Galatians 3:11 KJV, Galatians 3:24 KJV - 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. ... 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 5:4 KJV - 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV - 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Titus 3:7 KJV - 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

James 2:21 KJV, James 2:24-25 KJV - 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? ... 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
The word justification is found in the following verses in the Bible.

Romans 4:25 KJV - 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:16 KJV, Romans 5:18 KJV - 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. ... 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

This is for those who have repented of their sin to become believers, whose faith is in God.
The atonement was made (Romans 5:11 KJV)/the debt was settled (Romans 6:23 KJV)/all trespasses were forgiven 2000 years ago whether a person believes it or not. The righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). Our faith in what His faith accomplished by the cross work of Christ and God raising Him from the dead (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV) is how the righteousness of God is "upon" us. "Repenting of our sins" or anything else you would like to add as a requirement have absolutely nothing to do with our salvation. To trust the Lord is to believe the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)! The work of our salvation is already finished (Colossians 2:11-15 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV)!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The atonement was made (Romans 5:11 KJV)/the debt was settled (Romans 6:23 KJV)/all trespasses were forgiven 2000 years ago whether a person believes it or not. The righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). Our faith in what His faith accomplished by the cross work of Christ and God raising Him from the dead (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV) is how the righteousness of God is "upon" us. "Repenting of our sins" or anything else you would like to add as a requirement have absolutely nothing to do with our salvation. To trust the Lord is to believe the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)! The work of our salvation is already finished (Colossians 2:11-15 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV)!
Whether a person believes or not, Christ died for sins. If you are not born again did Christ die for your sins? He died for the sins of the whole world, but not all people are saved. If you are saved, born again, you have faith and the Spirit of God dwells in you. If the Spirit of God dwells in you then you are saved. If the Spirit of God does not dwell in you are you not saved?

If you began by faith and the Spirit of God as a result, there is no need to try to obtain salvation by works, because you are already saved apart from works.

If you have faith, is it true that you have already repented to God at least once in your life, repenting of all your sin or sins?

I believe repentance comes before faith or at the moment of faith. Therefore, though Christ died for sins not all are saved, and repentance... not being a work... just as faith is not a work... though repentance for salvation does not come after faith else it would be a work for salvation after the person has already been saved and does not need to repent of their past sins anymore... there is a repentance that is for salvation. This repentance is not the same as Christ dying for your sins. It is a different event. I know repentance on the part of all living today, comes AFTER the finished work of Christ 2000 years ago.

So the question becomes is it incorrect to view repentance as a part of the individual's salvation experience?

Interplanner

Of course it is part of it. To honor christ for what he has done, we will probably repent a lot.

But there is no need to spend attention on "the experience." Or rather, we should spend it on Christ's: "by his experience, my Righteous One will justify many." Is. 53. The proclamation is about what God did in Christ, not what God does in us or what we do. That's a confusion of cause and effect.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If you have faith, is it true that you have already repented to God at least once in your life, repenting of all your sin or sins?
Nope. I trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth,the gospel of my salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) which is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

So the question becomes is it incorrect to view repentance as a part of the individual's salvation experience?
Paul does not write that repentance is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, but the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

We are not fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God's promise in Christ by repentance, but by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Interplanner

Justification: the objective work of God in Christ about our debt of sin
Sanctification: the subjective work of God in us through the Spirit

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course it is part of it. To honor christ for what he has done, we will probably repent a lot.

But there is no need to spend attention on "the experience." Or rather, we should spend it on Christ's: "by his experience, my Righteous One will justify many." Is. 53. The proclamation is about what God did in Christ, not what God does in us or what we do. That's a confusion of cause and effect.
I am simply saying a person is first born into this world, and when they are born again by the Spirit of God they can then say they are born again whereas previously they could not. When a person is born again, the Spirit of God now dwells in them. So certainly this can be considered an experience. It is the experience of moving from being an unbeliever without the Spirit of God to being a believer with the Spirit of God. I do know it as the born again experience (when a person becomes born again). Perhaps referring to it as an experience detracts somehow. But, if you can look back in your life to the time when you were born again, you can no doubt know that you have been saved. It is that you are saved. You have been saved by what Jesus did. But you have been saved meaning it is something that already happened... that is, something that happened to you. If it didn't happen in your life, then you are not saved and you are in need of salvation by God and Jesus Christ. A person can only be born again by God and Jesus Christ, by the Holy Spirit (God's Spirit). If you are born again, the Bible says you are a new creature.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Nope. I trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth,the gospel of my salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) which is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Paul does not write that repentance is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, but the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

We are not fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God's promise in Christ by repentance, but by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
I believe the gospel includes repentance. Did you ever sin before you became a Christian? If you did sin, did you then forsake that sin for a life of obedience to God and Jesus Christ His Son? When you believed, was your life completely different? Did you move from being a sinner to being an obedient child of God? To turn from sin or forsake sin is what repentance is all about. Just saying you are sorry and continuing in sin is not repentance.

Interplanner

Yes, you can say both. On justification, you would want to confess that you need it in an ongoing way; I don't see where God justifies the person who doesn't think he needs it!

On sanctification, it is relative anyway. Every believer has had some. Have they had all they should? No.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, you can say both. On justification, you would want to confess that you need it in an ongoing way; I don't see where God justifies the person who doesn't think he needs it!

On sanctification, it is relative anyway. Every believer has had some. Have they had all they should? No.
I encourage you to look at the Bible verses that pertain to justification and those also that pertain to sanctification. Words could be justify, justified, justifying, justification. So also, sanctify, sanctified, sanctifying, sanctification.

I believe a person is justified once in their life, at the moment of their profession of faith when they become a believer being born again of the Spirit of God. But a person is justified by what Jesus Christ our Savior has accomplished in His finished work on the cross. It is the same with sanctification.

How is it that a believer can say they have been justified, that they have been sanctified? What is past tense about these words Biblically?