ECT Eternal Security?

Jerry Shugart

Does the Christian enjoy eternal security?

We do know that we already possess eternal life, and that life is in the Lord Jesus:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

The Greek word translated "eternal" means "without end, never to cease, everlasting" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Therefore, we can understand that Christians already possesses a life in the Lord Jesus which will never end. If it could possibly end then that means that it was never eternal to begin with. But John makes it plain that it is without end and will never cease.

Besides that, the Lord Jesus says that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand"
(Jn.10:28).​

We also know that eternal life is a "gift":

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Ro.6:23).​

The apostle Paul makes it plain that the LORD's gifts will not be revoked or taken back:

"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable"
(Ro.11:29).​

It is also a fact that all those who believe have eternal life and they shall not come into condemnation:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath eternal life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life"
(Jn.5:24).​

With these words of the Lord Jesus in view how can anyone argue that those who have been given eternal life can come into condemnation?

With all of these Biblical truths before us I cannot understand how anyone could possibly deny that at this moment all Christians enjoy eternal security.

However, there will be some people who will just ignore all of this evidence from the Bible and quote verses in order to try to prove that what is written about eternal life is not true. They will refuse to deal with what the Bible says about the eternal life we have in the Son.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Could you please explain what you comment has to do with the subject of this thread?

Galatians makes it clear that any effort of the human kind is a quick killer to our measure of grace. Even beyond Galatians is this...

2 Tim. 2;13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.

People seem to profess the radical redemption of Jesus then decide that it is so glorious that stipulations must be added to its' free provision and irrevocable promise.

I kind of want to lean in whenever I hear or read this and whisper to those that question the effectiveness of God's Blood... "You're not helping Him".

Weary not... agent of grace, bonded in His service by His Love and perpetually extending what was never ours to afford, never ours to deserve, but forever God's will to Provide.

- EE

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Could you please explain what you comment has to do with the subject of this thread?

Somebody said, "They will refuse to deal with what the Bible says about the eternal life we have in the Son."

The person who said that obviously does not understand the Father's purpose for humans.

DAN P

Does the Christian enjoy eternal security?

We do know that we already possess eternal life, and that life is in the Lord Jesus:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

The Greek word translated "eternal" means "without end, never to cease, everlasting" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Therefore, we can understand that Christians already possesses a life in the Lord Jesus which will never end. If it could possibly end then that means that it was never eternal to begin with. But John makes it plain that it is without end and will never cease.

Besides that, the Lord Jesus says that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand"
(Jn.10:28).​

We also know that eternal life is a "gift":

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Ro.6:23).​

The apostle Paul makes it plain that the LORD's gifts will not be revoked or taken back:

"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable"
(Ro.11:29).​

It is also a fact that all those who believe have eternal life and they shall not come into condemnation:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath eternal life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life"
(Jn.5:24).​

With these words of the Lord Jesus in view how can anyone argue that those who have been given eternal life can come into condemnation?

With all of these Biblical truths before us I cannot understand how anyone could possibly deny that at this moment all Christians enjoy eternal security.

However, there will be some people who will just ignore all of this evidence from the Bible and quote verses in order to try to prove that what is written about eternal life is not true. They will refuse to deal with what the Bible says about the eternal life we have in the Son.[/QUOT

Hi and we HAVE to see how the Holy Spirit wrote through Paul in Eph 2:5 and 8 !!

The KJV reads one way , BUT here is the correct Translation of Eph 2:8 !!

The KJV reads For by Grace are you saved !!

Here is the correct reading , FOR by Grace are you HAVING BEEN SAVED and here is the reason why !!

The Greek word for SAVED / SOZO is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE AND A PARTICIPLE !!

#1 , The Particple ends in " ING !!

#2 , The PASSIVE VOICE , here means that God is doing the ACTION of SAVING !!

#3 , The PERFECT TENSE means that when a person is saved , say in 1936 , which is the AORIST TENSE or pointing to a point in time , we are ALWAYS in the PRESENT TIME of Continuous action and the Present tense stops when we DIE !!

#4 , So The AORIST TENSE and the PRESENT TNESE makes the PREFECT TENSE and then it means OSAS , easy to prove !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Somebody said, "They will refuse to deal with what the Bible says about the eternal life we have in the Son."

The person who said that obviously does not understand the Father's purpose for humans.

What does that have to do with the fact that the Christian already possesses eternal life and the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish?

All I see from you is a attempt to try to derail the subject of this thread.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What does that have to do with the fact that the Christian already possesses eternal life and the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish?

Your eternal life resides with the Son, not within yourself. Immortality is inherent.

glorydaz

Hi and we HAVE to see how the Holy Spirit wrote through Paul in Eph 2:5 and 8 !!

The KJV reads one way , BUT here is the correct Translation of Eph 2:8 !!

The KJV reads For by Grace are you saved !!

Here is the correct reading , FOR by Grace are you HAVING BEEN SAVED and here is the reason why !!

The Greek word for SAVED / SOZO is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE AND A PARTICIPLE !!

#1 , The Particple ends in " ING !!

#2 , The PASSIVE VOICE , here means that God is doing the ACTION of SAVING !!

#3 , The PERFECT TENSE means that when a person is saved , say in 1936 , which is the AORIST TENSE or pointing to a point in time , we are ALWAYS in the PRESENT TIME of Continuous action and the Present tense stops when we DIE !!

#4 , So The AORIST TENSE and the PRESENT TNESE makes the PREFECT TENSE and then it means OSAS , easy to prove !!

dan p

:thumb:

DAN P

Himand thanks glorydaz , and Eph 2:8 is just one of many verse that Paul wrote !!

And this is what the PHRASE " born again " DOES NOT WORK in Pauline truth , for we are a NEW CREATION and ARE / ESTE "in CHRIST " Jesus and the PRESENT TENSE means are always CONTINUALLY for ever "in Christ " and I believe that it is ONLY Paul that uses the name CHRIST JESUS which Jesus RISEN NAME !!

dan p

glorydaz

Himand thanks glorydaz , and Eph 2:8 is just one of many verse that Paul wrote !!

And this is what the PHRASE " born again " DOES NOT WORK in Pauline truth , for we are a NEW CREATION and ARE / ESTE "in CHRIST " Jesus and the PRESENT TENSE means are always CONTINUALLY for ever "in Christ " and I believe that it is ONLY Paul that uses the name CHRIST JESUS which Jesus RISEN NAME !!

dan p

Christ Jesus....I had never noticed that, Dan. Wow!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So the Christian really does not possess eternal life even though the Scriptures say that he does?

Until the believer becomes immortal his or her life resides with the Son. He who has the Son has life, he who doesn't, doesn't

Jerry Shugart

Until the believer becomes immortal his or her life resides with the Son. He who has the Son has life, he who doesn't, doesn't

I get you now. According to your ideas the Lord Jesus really didn't mean it when He said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I get you now. According to your ideas the Lord Jesus really didn't mean it when He said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish!

Not what I said. They won't perish in death, they will sleep until the first resurrection.

This is not that hard to understand.

"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed" (Paul)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who sleep are alive, just not conscious.

"I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living." (Matthew 22:32)

Jerry Shugart

Not what I said. They won't perish in death, they will sleep until the first resurrection.

What does that have to do with the subject of this thread.

Now please allow me toask you acouple of simple questions. Have Christians been given eternal life? If your answer is "yes" then do you believe that those who have been given eternal life can perish?