Dispensationalism, an Orthodox Christian View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
From Orthodox Wiki:

Dispensationalism​

A heresy practiced by many Protestant groups, Dispensationalism is a form of premillennialism which narrates Biblical history as a number of successive "economies" or "administrations," called "dispensations." Each of these dispensations emphasizes the discontinuity of the covenants of God made with His various peoples.

History​

Dispensationalism was born from the Protestant environs of England and Ireland, developed by the Plymouth Brethren movement under the teachings of John Nelson Darby (1800-1882). Darby built on a number of themes that were common with radical Calvinists and Evangelicals in the early 19th century; however, he elaborated a more complex system for interpreting the Bible than his predecessors.

Dispensationalism was brought to the Americas by John Inglis, where it continued to flourish through the teachings of James H. Brookes, Dwight L. Moody (founder of the Moody Bible Institute), and Cyrus Scofield (author of the Scofield Study Bible).

Famous American advocates of Dispensationalism include Charles Ryrie, Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, and authors of the Left Behind series, Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins.

Teachings​

Unlike the belief of the Church which teaches that itself, as Christ’s spouse, is the New Jerusalem and God’s chosen people through its union with Jesus Christ, Dispensationalists believe that the Christian Church is an interruption in God’s divine contract with the Jewish people. They believe that the Gospel began to be preached to the Gentiles, however, God’s continued care for the Jewish people will be revealed after the end of the “Church’s Dispensation,” when the Jews shall be restored to their land, and they shall accept Christ as the Messiah. Hence, Dispensationalists believe that there is one mode of salvation for Gentiles, and another for Jews. This goes against the soteriology taught by the Church, which says that Christ came to save all regardless of ethnic background.

Because of this, many Dispensationalists are advocates of Zionism, the Jewish nationalist movement.

Some Christian Dispensationalists have taken to not only supporting the state of Israel, but also observing traditional Jewish holidays, keeping Kosher standards, and practicing Jewish religious rituals. It should be noted that this practice has been condemned by the Holy Apostles (especially in Paul's Epistle to the Galatians) and Church Fathers throughout the centuries, including Ignatius of Antioch and John Chrysostom, both of whom were ardent opponents of Judaizing.

Dispensationalists also advocate other questionable teachings, especially in their interpretation of eschatology. For example, many believe in the Rapture, an event occurring before the Second Coming of Christ where all Christians of true belief are assumed into Heaven, and the Time of Tribulation, a period ruled by a draconian, demonic figure called the Antichrist, where those who were not taken up must find correct belief before the Final Judgment.

See also​

Supersessionism

Right Divider

Body part
Biblical dispensationalism (i.e., the proper Biblical framework) has been around since the beginning of time.

God has revealed His will progressively from the beginning. God gives people different instructions from time to time. Sometime it's the same people, sometimes it's different people.

God gave Adam the garden "to dress it and to keep it."
Gen 2:15 KJV And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Later God kicked Adam OUT of the garden and did not allow him back in.
Gen 3:23-24 KJV Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Same person... different instructions.

Last edited:

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Biblical dispensationalism (i.e., the proper Biblical framework) has been around since the beginning of time

^ False statement.

The Orthodox Church is correct, along with the Catholic Church and almost all protestant churches. Dispensationalism is a manmade doctrine which goes against the Word of God.

As usual, you are on the extremist whacko fringe.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
^ False statement.

The Orthodox Church is correct, along with the Catholic Church and almost all protestant churches. Dispensationalism is a manmade doctrine which goes against the Word of God.

As usual, you are on the extremist whacko fringe.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

PROVE your claims. Don't just assert them.

Right Divider

Body part

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Saying it doesn't make it so.
PROVE your claims. Don't just assert them.

I am wondering if you will ever wise up enough to figure out why it is that I refuse to argue with you. Do you think you ever will?

And I don't need to prove my claims any more than I need to prove that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
What I believe is what all Christianity believes. It is YOU who adhere to manmade doctrines invented in the 1800's and never heard of in the Apostolic Church. It is YOU who needs to prove YOUR position, which of course you cannot do because your position is heresy.

So, thanks again for bumping my thread with another one of your hollow worthless posts.

She doesn't know how.

My toe has more brain power than you, JR Jr..

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Any by the way you two brainiacs, this is the Orthodox Christian view. Did you see the title? If you don't like it then tell the Orthodox Christian Church.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am wondering if you will ever wise up enough to figure out why it is that I refuse to argue with you.

You could just say why, instead of making me guess.

Or is it because you have no rebuttal to what I say?

And I don't need to prove my claims any more than I need to prove that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

The fact that Christ is the Son of God is self-evident.

Your claims are not. Don't be so arrogant as to think that they are.

What I believe is what all Christianity believes.

Except that not all of Christianity believes what you believe. Take me, for example.

It is YOU who adhere to manmade doctrines invented in the 1800's

Which is false.

Dispensationalism has existed since before Paul.

and never heard of in the Apostolic Church. It is YOU who needs to prove YOUR position, which of course you cannot do because your position is heresy.

Yet you won't even give me the chance to do so.

You keep stomping your feet and demanding that you're correct and walking off, so that no discussion can be had.

So, thanks again for bumping my thread with another one of your hollow worthless posts.

My toe has more brain power than you, JR Jr..

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Childish insults . . . . . .

You know dude, you follow me around into every thread I make and leach onto every post I post, acting like a schoolyard bully and then crying when somebody shoots back at you. Why do you bother? Your Biblical interpretations are the worst sort of popular tripe, you knowledge of Christian history could fit into a single water molecule, and your manners make Hitler look like Beaver Cleaver. You ae just a general disgusting troll.

If you don't like what I say then stop trolling me. Very simple.

You could just say why, instead of making me guess.

I could but you'd just ban me.

Oh, did I let it slip?

Right Divider

Body part
You know dude, you follow me around into every thread I make and leach onto every post I post, acting like a schoolyard bully and then crying when somebody shoots back at you.
You're such a little child. I can't say that enough. We mature adults can tell the difference.

To YOU it's "schoolyard bullying" to be told that you are wrong and to be SHOWN it. You can cry all you want. You sound like a liberal college student that needs a "safe place".
Why do you bother?
Because I care about the TRUTH as opposed to your FALSEHOODS.
Your Biblical interpretations are the worst sort of popular tripe, you knowledge of Christian history could fit into a single water molecule, and your manners make Hitler look like Beaver Cleaver. You ae just a general disgusting troll.
I allow the scripture to explain itself. You force it to fit your bogus mythology.
If you don't like what I say then stop trolling me. Very simple.
Nice try. These are public messages that you post. I will continue to tell the TRUTH and expose your falsehoods all that I want. If you don't like that, leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.