Democrat ties to China make this a frightening reality now

nikolai_42

Anyone remember this from earlier in 2020?

China's National Security Law

And excerpts from that article (it's a Financial Post article but there are quite a few other outlets that printed similar pieces) :

The national security law imposed on Hong Kong by Beijing’s rubber-stamp, robotic National People’s Congress is the worst, most dangerous, and most overreaching law I have seen in over 25 years of human rights work. It is an all-out assault on freedom—not just in Hong Kong, but worldwide.

Fast-tracked by Beijing over the course of a month, it shatters the promise that was made to Hong Kong at the handover almost exactly 23 years ago of a “high degree of autonomy” and—in the words of the last British governor of the city, Chris Patten—that “ Hong Kong people are to run Hong Kong..”

And more details :

The law criminalizes four acts: subversion, secession, collusion with foreign entities, and terrorism.
Under the new rules imposed on Hong Kong, a person who requests help from a foreign country, institution, organization, or individual is guilty of an offense. So Hong Kongers who until this week messaged me daily, shared ideas and information with me, took part in webinars with members of the British Parliament at my invitation, or gave interviews to foreign journalists are now committing a criminal act. Hong Kong pro-democracy activists who have testified at hearings in parliaments around the world can no longer do so legally.

Calling for sanctions is now a crime. Criticizing the Chinese Communist Party—deemed to be “provoking hatred” against the central government—is illegal. Even talking about independence is a crime. Even if you don’t commit violent actions or rise up in revolution, merely expressing an opinion can result in a jail sentence for life.

But that's just in Hong Kong and China, right?
And then there’s the most absurd part of this law: its apparent extraterritorial application. This law threatens us all.

We are all Hong Kongers now—not just in spirit, but in reality.

According to Article 38 of the law, anyone, anywhere in the world, could be accused under this new set of rules. A non-Hong Kong resident living outside Hong Kong—indeed, theoretically, someone who has never been to Hong Kong or China—could be committing a supposed crime.
(Emphasis mine)

Gary K

Banned
Good thread nikolai. It's too bad those who need to understand what you're pointing out will never take it seriously to actually read and understand it. They'll just dismiss it all as conspiracy theories.

To give some history on what is going on with the deep state and media today here's a video from 1985 on a CIA whistleblower and how he used the media worldwide to create the narrative the CIA wanted the world to believe. It includes statements from the press on how and why they published the stories and whether or not they actually believed them. The corruption, even back then, is incredible. Journalists blaming the public for believing them.

Gary K

Banned
How long have there been deep ties to the CCP by the Democrats. And by that I mean treasonous ties.